It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Solar Reboot can change Earth's rotation, Part I

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Well the quotes you provided sure seem to indicate that a magnetic reversal requires a rotational reversal.

Should you want to change the poles of a dynamo, you would have to change its direction of rotation! Expanding this principle, the earth also has to change its direction when the North Pole becomes the South Pole! So here we find a scientific proof for polar reversals.

It doesn't.

Your quotes seem to indicate that pole shifts are regular:

- With clock-like regularity, sudden reversals and pole shifts are natural to the Earth. The result is worldwide destruction, and is supported by paleo-magnetic evidence and early manuscripts.

Your quotes attribute the magnetic reversals to solar activity when there is no evidence to support that.

- The reversal of the poles is attributed to the harmonic cycle of the magnetic fields of the sun.

You realize that the Sun's magnetic field reverses every solar maximum (about 11 years), right?

Yes, the Earth's magnetic field reverses sometimes. It may even be in the process of doing so as we speak. But it doesn't happen suddenly (as your quote states) and it has nothing to do with changes in Earth's rotation. The Sun does not rise in the west. The last magnetic reversal was 750,000 years ago. There weren't any "ancients" around at the time.

[edit on 6/16/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability

Except for the fact that it wouldn't be the first time.
There are ancient texts that refer to the sun rising in the west.

There is no truth to those documents, it is absurd to think that something like that could happen.

I bet I could grow wings before the chances of earth doing something like that.

I continue to argue that the Earth did in fact rotate in the opposite direction at some point in history and that it did not, nor will it, help you grow wings.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You're picking and choosing from my quotes.
I also said:

I don't subscribe to all of his theories, however this will provide you with a general overview of what texts I was referring to.

The poster I was replying to asked me for what ancient texts I was referring to that referenced the Earth rotating in the opposite direction, or, also known as, the sun rising in the west.

Patrick Geryl very nicely mentions various texts, from different civilizations, all on one site. It was supposed to be a quick and easy link mention. I wasn't offering Geryl as the authority on pole reversals, nor was I saying anything that had to do with when they occur or that one is going to happen anytime soon.

The initial statement I refuted was:

posted by theability

Why is it that people cannot understand the terms stop the earths rotation and reverse it? Then think this is reality?

and

There is no truth to those documents, it is absurd to think that something like that could happen [Earth rotating in opposite direction].

I bet I could grow wings before the chances of earth doing something like that.

Had I known it was going to get so much attention, I would have isolated exactly what portions I personally believe to be accurate and which I simply used as a launching pad to do further research.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

NO. The earth has never reversed its rotation.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

There wasn't a global flood. Never happened. There may have been some local events, but no global flood.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

There are 2 things:
1. magnetic reversals
2. true polar wandering often referred to a pole shift

Last magnetic reversal was 700,000 years ago
Last polar shift was more than 200 million years ago. There is an argument for one 84 million years ago and that is being hotly debated.

So no. The sun has not risen in the west.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I will post this movie from The Horizon Project. I know some people call it a hoax saying the events they talk about are very far back in the geologic record.

I have found it to be a good explanation of what could possibly happen in a pole shift.

There are 8 parts. Here is part 1:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CUin2013?

Besides referring to a video, what is it that interests you and which part and what time. Most of us can't be bothered sitting through a long video and then discussing what you think is of interest.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Besides referring to a video, what is it that interests you and which part and what time. Most of us can't be bothered sitting through a long video and then discussing what you think is of interest.

The entire video is worth watching. It is the best one I have found. It describes ice core evidence, molten iron/magma evidence, piles of bones found that could be from water displacement/tsunami.

Highlights include: A "2012" the movie type series of events. They state that continental drift happens much faster than we have been taught.

Earthquakes, tsunamis, a 200 - 300 mph wind from the West.

Pretty much a worst case scenario.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Most of these videos do not support their claims. You may have liked the video, but where in this video is anything that supports pole reversals? Videos are typically very boring and have a short paragraph of info in them and often without any actual evidence, just wild unsubstantiated claims.

It would be helpful to know which part and where in that part supports any claim about pole shifts.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Most of these videos do not support their claims. You may have liked the video, but where in this video is anything that supports pole reversals? Videos are typically very boring and have a short paragraph of info in them and often without any actual evidence, just wild unsubstantiated claims.

It would be helpful to know which part and where in that part supports any claim about pole shifts.

ok, the entire video is about pole shifts and how often they occur, what causes them, supporting evidence that they occur and so on.

Watch the video... I read one of your other posts about pole shifts taking a long time - yes we are experiencing a slow shift now. If we experience a dramatic shift that is explained in the video it will happen over a 3 day period.

Check their historical evidence. It can only be done by watching the video...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I just sat through the first 10 pointless minutes of the part 1. Is there anything other than nonsense to come? For those that have not suffered through the video here is the synopsis:

We got good people together to study. No one is named. Here are a number of misrepresentations of the past. What if we disappeared from the earth due to a cataclysm? What would be left behind?

For those not sucked into this stupidity please note that no ancient civilizations turned up common complex machinery, stainless steel machines, advanced lithium batteries, plastics, injection molded ceramics, rubber products, fiberglass, mass produced products of ANY kind, etc.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The Earth's magnetic field is not caused by its rotation.

Really? Then you go on to say.

It is caused by the movement of the fluid outer core.

Care to explain then, what causes the movement of the outer core?

Give you a hint. It has to do with the earth's rotation.

The reversals of Earth's magnetic field are not "clock-like", nor are they sudden. They have occurred at highly irregular intervals (the last was 750,000 years ago) and take thousands of years to complete.

This I agree with.

-Al

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

There wasn't a global flood. Never happened. There may have been some local events, but no global flood.

I have heard theorys about a comet impact causing worldwide flooding, not the Noarian type, but more water on the ground. Just because some religion said something happened is no reason to totally ignore it. I also believe that there are areas in space that have more ice and CO2, but this is my own theory. You also have a threory, but it may be wrong. Of course you might me millions of years old and in that case, you must be right.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I just sat through the first 10 pointless minutes of the part 1. Is there anything other than nonsense to come? For those that have not suffered through the video here is the synopsis:

We got good people together to study. No one is named. Here are a number of misrepresentations of the past. What if we disappeared from the earth due to a cataclysm? What would be left behind?

For those not sucked into this stupidity please note that no ancient civilizations turned up common complex machinery, stainless steel machines, advanced lithium batteries, plastics, injection molded ceramics, rubber products, fiberglass, mass produced products of ANY kind, etc.

I don't have time to type what I'd like to say right now

They are setting the stage to discuss how many times this planet has been re-set. Which goes along with the topic of this post.

Some things for you to think about:

What history do you know that happened before the great flood? (Noah)

How many archeology sites are restricted from exploring/digging, including undersea sites?

What is really in the basement of the Vatican, Smithsonian and Sphinx?

Pole shift means water displacement, what is really in our oceans?

Don't tell me things never existed because you did not read about them in a world history book or see them on CNN.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AlBeMet

It is not the Earth's rotation which causes the movement but it does have some effect on it. The primary source of movement of material in the outer core is convection. It is this movement which creates the dynamo effect which sustains the magnetic field. Earth's rotation (more specifically, the Coriolis effect) may have some effect in organizing the motion but it is not a very strong effect. There are areas in the northern hemisphere which have a southern magnetic orientation and areas in the southern hemisphere which have a northern orientation. Our dipolar magnetic field is only the net result of a lot of random fields.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AlBeMet

The earth's core has motion which is rather complex. Part of that motion is rotation, but there are also convection cells which complicate the picture substantially. The geomagnetic field is due to the convection currents in the core.
How does the core generate a magnetic field?

Briefly, then, as the result of radioactive heating and chemical differentiation, the outer core is in a state of turbulent convection. This sets up a process that is a bit like a naturally occurring electrical generator, where the convective kinetic energy is converted to electrical and magnetic energy.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I am not dismissing it because it came from a religion. I am dismissing it because there is no evidence whatsoever for a global inundation.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

There was no great flood. There is zero evidence for such an event.
Name an undersea site.
There is nothing under the Sphinx. Back in Napoleanic times a tunnel was dug under the Sphinx and nothing was found. Back around 1980 the tunnel was reopened and a show from one of the Napoleonic diggers was found.
Pole shifts move too slow to displace water. They take millions of years.

You could have told me that the part 1 was worthless to watch, but you insisted that

ok, the entire video is about pole shifts and how often they occur, what causes them, supporting evidence that they occur and so on.

That was not true was it?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by theability

Except for the fact that it wouldn't be the first time.
There are ancient texts that refer to the sun rising in the west.

WOW! I've never heard of any story or text that refers to the sun rising in the west.
Can you give us a link to that info?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join