It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Solar Reboot can change Earth's rotation, Part I

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
There are a couple of experiments and insights that have been overlooked lately which have grave implications for pole shift probabilities.

1) The first is from Paul La Violette, a respected astrophysicist. Paul discovered that blasting dipole magnets with 100 times their own power, flips the poles of these magnets, such that North is then South and vice versa. This is important for pole shift theories because our Earth is a dipole magnet which means simply it has a north and south pole. This very important experiment was written up in Paul's “Earth under Fire” book on page 202, viewable on Amazon’s “look inside feature” so you don’t have to buy the book.

2) The second important realization comes from Sir Roger Penrose, a theoretical physicist and cosmologist, who explains in his book, The Emperor's New Mind, that the momentum and wave function of a photon is a corkscrew or helix. He explains that all emitted photons must carry some mass because Energy is equal to mass times light squared (E=mc2).

I paraphrase him: "If you think of energy as a highly diluted form of mass, you can imagine mass as a highly concentrated form of energy. Then one can visualize magnetic attraction and repulsion as streams of photons with their corkscrew shaped wave functions screwing into (attraction) or screwing out of (repulsing) each other."

Another way to understand this spiraling, torquing energy flow is to look up the “corkscrew rule” which states that the magnetic field, of a wire’s current, flows in a clockwise rotation when going away from you.

The point here is that if the rotation of the Earth is sustained by a magnetic spiral from the “corkscrew rule” running up its axis, then this can be instantly reversed by a single blast of energy, from the sun, that is over 100 times the magnetic power of our magnetosphere.

This means the corkscrew, torquing current turning our Earth can be flipped like a light switch! It’s just that easy.

For this to actually happen, first the sun would need to be energized by the local cloud of fluff, that NASA claims is out there, or a galactic Superwave which Paul La Violette has proven, or just from the Sun's own solar maximum.

Then the Sun would have to be agitated to release this excess energy in a coronal mass ejection (CME or EMP) directed at the Earth. This agitation could come from a Galactic Superwave, a Nibiru pass, the Dark Star's gravity, or the end of the 26,000 year precessional cycle, or a combination of astrological influences we don't know about yet.

All of this seems eminently possible, to me. I am curious to know what others think about this possibility. The disintegrating magnetosphere graphs we see every day only lessen the amount of energy the sun would need to flip the mag-poles of our Earth.

The rotation reversal scenario is simple, with just 7 steps.

1) The Sun gets energized (from the million degree cloud)

2) The sun gets agitated to release energy

3) The earth gets blasted with over 100x our magnetosphere's energy

4) The magnetic poles flip, (but not the rotational poles, yet ….)

5) The corkscrew rule, or effect, that presumably runs down the Earth’s axis and turns the Earth (CCW in relation to the sun) would then reverse rotation. This would, of course, start braking the current counter clockwise rotation and gradually slow the earth's spin over the coming weeks or months.

6) The Earth stops, staggers like a drunk for a short time, and at this point the rotation axis may align with the new magnetic axis, its hard to predict.

7) The Earth finally starts rotating by the now reversed corkscrew effect, until the Sun rises in the West.

This may not sound too damaging to our world, but consider this:

1) The initial sun blast (CME or EMP) would probably shortout the entire electrical grid and everything that rests upon it, including cars, planes, communications, water pumps, gas pumps, lights, and refrigeration, etc.

See Part II

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Wouldn’t the magnetic flip, cause some sort of pole shift that causes mega tsunamis and earthquakes from tectonic plates shifting? This is of course just speculation.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ethericplane

((Snip-snip to get down to the question-and-answer section))

All of this seems eminently possible, to me. I am curious to know what others think about this possibility. The disintegrating magnetosphere graphs we see every day only lessen the amount of energy the sun would need to flip the mag-poles of our Earth.

The rotation reversal scenario is simple, with just 7 steps.

1) The Sun gets energized (from the million degree cloud)

I guess you mean that the Sun will be refreshed by the cool breeze blowing past? There are two things wrong with the idea of the Sun being 'energized' by a 'million degree cloud'. The first is that the Sun's core is much hotter than that (around 15,000,000 degrees) on a continuous basis, and the solar corona exceeds it on a fairly regular basis. The second is the energy density (or lack of same) of the million degree cloud. If the matter of the cloud is very diffuse, it's going to have minimal impact on anything it touches, no matter what its temperature might be. In plain physics-ese, that cloud isn't going to 'energize' the Sun in any notable way.

2) The sun gets agitated to release energy

You mean like it's already doing? It's already in a fairly agitated state, and already pumping out amounts of energy that, outside of the world of physics geekery, are pretty much beyond comprehension.

3) The earth gets blasted with over 100x our magnetosphere's energy

4) The magnetic poles flip, (but not the rotational poles, yet ….)

It wouldn't be the first time the magnetic poles have flipped, even if it does happen. Judging from geological evidence, the magnetic poles wander a bit over time, and flip every few thousand years. Other than some very confused geese, and the occasional lost Boy Scout, we seem to have come through just fine, at least in terms of planetary catastrophes.

5) The corkscrew rule, or effect, that presumably runs down the Earth’s axis and turns the Earth (CCW in relation to the sun) would then reverse rotation. This would, of course, start braking the current counter clockwise rotation and gradually slow the earth's spin over the coming weeks or months.

6) The Earth stops, staggers like a drunk for a short time, and at this point the rotation axis may align with the new magnetic axis, its hard to predict.

7) The Earth finally starts rotating by the now reversed corkscrew effect, until the Sun rises in the West.

You do realize that there's no evidence that the 'corkscrew effect' you keep mentioning has anything to do with the rotation of the earth, don't you? In fact, there's no evidence that anything is 'driving' the planet's rotation other than momentum....and we're slowing down over time thanks to tidal effects. If some force were driving the rotation, it shouldn't be slowing down at all.

This may not sound too damaging to our world, but consider this:

1) The initial sun blast (CME or EMP) would probably shortout the entire electrical grid and everything that rests upon it, including cars, planes, communications, water pumps, gas pumps, lights, and refrigeration, etc.

See Part II

I hate to break the news to you, but the magnetosphere gets swamped on a disturbingly regular basis...just ask any amateur radio operator. When it happens, it does raise hell with communications, but most of the other things on your list don't notice the event at all.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Wow and uhh, yeah right.

There is no way the sun is going to stop the earths rotation after it has been in motion for 4.5 billions years.

Unless in goes super NOVA and destroys the planet.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Except for the fact that it wouldn't be the first time.
There are ancient texts that refer to the sun rising in the west.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability
Wow and uhh, yeah right.

There is no way the sun is going to stop the earths rotation after it has been in motion for 4.5 billions years.

Unless in goes super NOVA and destroys the planet.

It is if you belive whack jobs interpreting ancient prophecies are the driving force of the universe and not the laws of physics

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Care to post some documentation for that claim?

In order to avoid getting flak for a one-line post, I'll take a moment to point out that, should the rotation of the Earth reverse direction (as opposed to magnetic poles wandering around), there would be geological evidence in abundance all over the world (please post if available). If there are, indeed, ancient records of the sun rising in the west, then those same cultures should have left documents detailing the catastrophe as things reversed into the current rise-in-the-East mode (again, please post references if available).

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ethericplane

The rotation of the Earth isn't "sustained by" the polar direction of the core. Many pole shifts and reversals have occurred throughout history, without any such reversal.

There is a truly astronomical amount of energy tied up in the Earth rotating the way it does. That doesn't just go away - you couldn't just flip the thing.

CME's are not EMPs. It's a totally different mechanism. They both share geomagnetic heave, but EMPs have a lot of other bits to them. A really fierce CME could take out long AC transmission lines, because at least in the US, we cleverly decided not to worry about it, and didn't design in any protection against big geomagnetic heaves. These impose what is essentially a DC current on the line, which saturates the transformer and causes an inductance collapse. At which point, the transformer burns up.

Since this only happens in long line EHV systems (for the most part), you'd think it wouldn't be that hard to just replace the endpoints and be online again, but they're only made in Germany and we don't keep spares. Yea for bean counters.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Could you give us an example of an ancient text. Please tell us the text and the portion of the text in which this is stated.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The term pole shift is often used to mean two different things. One is a geomagnetic reversal which is a well documented phenomenon. The other is like the ECD of Hancock. Geological studies show that the latter has not happened in at least 200 million years. Furthermore, the only possible pole shift is dated to have been around 800 million years ago. That shift took millions of years to complete.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kybertech

It is if you believe whack jobs interpreting ancient prophecies are the driving force of the universe and not the laws of physics.

You said that perfectly. Why is it that people cannot understand the terms stop the earths rotation and reverse it? Then think this is reality?

Too many think Hollywood is real.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

There is no truth to those documents, it is absurd to think that something like that could happen.

I bet I could grow wings before the chances of earth doing something like that.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brother Stormhammer
Originally posted by lpowell0627

Care to post some documentation for that claim?

Sorry for the delay, just got back to checking this thread.

Here's what I was referring to:

The magical Papyrus Harris speaks of a colossal catastrophe of fire and water when "the North becomes the South". Plato wrote about this in "Politicus":

"In certain periods, the universe has its present rotating movement and in other periods it turns in the opposite direction… Of all the changes that take place in the sky, this reversal is the biggest and the most complete."

Should you want to change the poles of a dynamo, you would have to change its direction of rotation! Expanding this principle, the earth also has to change its direction when the North Pole becomes the South Pole! So here we find a scientific proof for polar reversals. It correlates completely with the statement of the Old Egyptians on this subject: after every pole reversal the sun rose from the opposite direction.

The historical exploration of cosmology in previous books is founded on the translation of hieroglyphs, cracking of codes, unveiling of the magnetic reversal of the sun, study of old maps, decoding of astronomical clues, geological research, and the discovery of the most exciting archaeological find in modern times.

Considering these, I came to the following conclusions:

- With clock-like regularity, sudden reversals and pole shifts are natural to the Earth. The result is worldwide destruction, and is supported by paleo-magnetic evidence and early manuscripts.

- The reversal of the poles is attributed to the harmonic cycle of the magnetic fields of the sun.

- Polar reversals can be calculated precisely on the basis of the sunspot cycle theory or the magnetic field theory, which the Maya and the Old Egyptians were privy to. These secrets are contained in the Labyrinth of Hawara, a huge complex consisting of three thousand rooms.

There's more details available if you want them, but this gives a general overview. I don't subscribe to all of the theories, but some of them, such as the reversal of Earth's rotation as a cycle, makes sense to me after reading several books on the subject.

I don't think however that this is going to happen in 2012 though.

Source:
www.howtosurvive2012.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability
There is no truth to those documents, it is absurd to think that something like that could happen.

You're right. I'm sure that absolutely everything written in the history of planet Earth by all of the ancient civilizations that lived here during those times means nothing.

They were able to create a calendar more accurate than ours, but surely they knew nothing and everything written was fabricated.

Further, the fact that the Sahara Desert has been proven to be a cycle of fertile land back to desert in the past didn't happen either.

I'm sure there was no great flood despite many cultures residing on opposite hemispheres having referenced it.

Further, I'm sure when the Choctaws wrote about waves the size of mountains inundating their land and killing their people, it never happened.

I guess then the Indians in Oregon also latched onto this made-up fable and their homes weren't destroyed either.

You're right.
All of the ancient writings should just be destroyed as meaningless drivel.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Yeah. The "ancients" talked about the Sun being dragged across the sky by horses too.

The Earth's magnetic field is not caused by its rotation. It is caused by the movement of the fluid outer core. Changes in that movement cause changes in the magnetic field. The field is changing all the time without any change in the Earth's rotation.

The reversals of Earth's magnetic field are not "clock-like", nor are they sudden. They have occurred at highly irregular intervals (the last was 750,000 years ago) and take thousands of years to complete.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Furthermore, the only possible pole shift is dated to have been around 800 million years ago. That shift took millions of years to complete.

Ummm..yeah.
Speaking about providing proof of your claim.... Care to source please?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

You are basing part of this idea of ancient writings in which the authors had idea like a geocentric universe and crystal spheres. Also, the Earth does have to change rotational direction to effect a magnetic reversal.

In the News: Magnetic Flip

The source of the magnetic field is the iron-rich liquid outer core of the Earth. This liquid moves in complex ways as a result of the convection of the heat deep within the core and of the rotation of the planet. The motion of the core fluid is continuous and never stops, even during a reversal.

The geological evidence is clear that pole shifts do not occur often. The evidence is that there has not been a pole shift in the last 200 million years.
Apparent and true polar wander and the

geometry of the geomagnetic field over the last 200 Myr

There may have been a pole shift 800 million years ago. It took 15 million to complete.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Yeah. The "ancients" talked about the Sun being dragged across the sky by horses too.

What they use to describe what they see doesn't negate what's happening. Much like people that say "there was water as far as the eye could see", it simply means: there was a lot of water.

Just because they didn't know how or why it was happening, didn't mean it didn't happen.

If you read ancient texts like real estate ads, meaning remove all of the adjectives and stick to the core, there are many similarities, for example the Great Flood.

Did the flood not happen because they thought it was caused by the wrath of God? Hardly. It happened -- just not for the reasons they thought.

The Earth's magnetic field is not caused by its rotation. It is caused by the movement of the fluid outer core. Changes in that movement cause changes in the magnetic field. The field is changing all the time without any change in the Earth's rotation.

I never said that a change in the magnetic field automatically equaled a polar reversal. What I said is that polar reversals are possible and have happened before.

The reversals of Earth's magnetic field are not "clock-like", nor are they sudden. They have occurred at highly irregular intervals (the last was 750,000 years ago) and take thousands of years to complete.

Again, I never said this is going to happen now.
Nor do I think it will happen in 2012.
Nor did I try to ascertain how long such a process would take.

All I said, which you just confirmed, is that it has happened before.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

All I said, and continue to say, is that it has happened. Period.
Which you are all now saying you agree with -- so what's the problem?

Edit to add:

Here was my original statement:

It wouldn't be the first time, simply meaning, it has happened before. Isn't that exactly what you're saying?

[edit on 16-6-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The weather would be effected by the electric charges carried in particles of water in our atmosphere. It would all fall down causing a great flood such as discribed in the bible and other historical documents. There might be no land left and we would be in a waterworld. Damage to electrical things would be the least of our worries.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join