It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i dont see waht the big deal is

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
ok so a little oil is leaking from the ocean floor? the ocean is huge! this sint a big deal, and on top of that, im sure theres oil leaking from teh ocean floor in other parts of teh world all the time due to antural circumstances. so a few fish died, who careS? you all eat seafood anyway, and ocntribute to killing fish every day right? im sick of all the crybabies around ehre saying this little oil leak will end up being a big deal, cuz its not. i havent even noticed a change in anything up in my neck of the woods.
stop your whining and get back to being productive members of society ,
stupid crybabies.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I love your line of thinking. /sarcasm.

It isn't a "little amount" of oil, there are several thousand gallons of the stuff pouring from the site. If not us, we should worry about the ecosystem! It's killing fish, bacteria, birds, other sea life....and then it leads to us. No shellfish industry, no fishing industry...less food....the livelihoods of many many MANY people on those coasts have just died... You sir, are rather heartless.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's probably more of a big deal that the economy is still falling apart, or the world is on the verge of war everyday. But lets at least go as far as saying its a big enough deal to warrant attention, and not chaos.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ong Bak

There's a difference between killing fish and sea birds slowly by suffocating them in oil, and a difference between putting them in a deep freeze where they die in a relatively calm manner.

If you think its not a big deal, then why dont you go an try having a nice large glass of crude oil, or jump into a barrel of it. Then tell me that is not a big deal.

Unlike you, some people do actually care about the environment If you dont like it, then dont bother visiting the fragile earth forum, its that simple. The oil leak threads are one example of why this forum exists. Its not to vent your rage at other peoples opinions, and label them as "cry babies"

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
your all falling for it. my life is the same as it was 10 years ago, if not better! jsut becasue some other country is at war, or theres a little oil leak int eh ocean doesn tmean i need to put my life on hold, its not my problem anyway.
ttfn!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ong Bak
your all falling for it. my life is the same as it was 10 years ago, if not better! jsut becasue some other country is at war, or theres a little oil leak int eh ocean doesn tmean i need to put my life on hold, its not my problem anyway.
ttfn!

Thats a huge example of ignorance

In case you havent noticed the motto of ATS is "deny ignorance", not promote it. Frankly, if this happened in you area, and affected your life in a major way, would you want people to simply not care?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
wellllllll
i dont see this as a problem anyway, and even if i did, i dont think people "caring" is going to fix anything. if it is as serious as you seem to tihnk it is, why are you on your computer and not down there working ona solution. apparently you jsut dont "care" enough i guess.
its jsut oil, it will go away and in a few monthsd no one will even remember this happened.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Eh, I'm a "drill baby drill" person, I too, pointed to the natural seeps as an example of the ocean managing. I have looked back to Ixtoc I as a counter to hysteria. But, even with all of that, I know that what we are dealing currently is several leagues above any of those things.

Life as we know it won't end, but geeze... there *is* a lot of environmental damage going on and will go on for a long time unless something changes on both the amount of oil escaping and the lack of governmental authorization for efficacious clean up technologies that are not 50 years old.

And even if we are pro oil drilling we must not lose sight of the fact that the web of life is being assaulted with a fatal substance.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think your just being provocative.
I have no doubt there are members who are going to rag you stupid for making such a statement.
This disaster is going to affect you in one way or another and you can take that to the bank (assuming you can find one trustworthy!).
Your being a devils advocate so best of luck with that one.
I'm not going to bite, better threads to read. bye.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
One, get better grammar and maybe you can present a point. Two, the world is a big place, just because you live somewhere where you aren't getting effected doesn't mean other people aren't automatically unaffected because you can't comprehend distance.

Not to mention you are the crybaby complaining about others...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

wellllllll
i dont see this as a problem anyway, and even if i did, i dont think people "caring" is going to fix anything. if it is as serious as you seem to tihnk it is, why are you on your computer and not down there working ona solution. apparently you jsut dont "care" enough i guess.
its jsut oil, it will go away and in a few monthsd no one will even remember this happened.

Because I have a job to do, which is literally part of my countries environmental department. Maybe you should do some research, you seem to not have grasped how much oil actually affects the environment.

You also dont seem to know much about how oil breaks down

It is extremely ignorant of you to accuse people of being 'stupid cry babies', when it is clear that you cant even justify your statements, and your statements appear void of logic or plausibility

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
im not crying aobut other members and thier opinions, i find it funny. if you look back at the big oil comanies track records of "disasters" stuff like this happens quite frequently. jsut becasue the media is hyping this one up doesnt mean its impact will be far beyond taht of any other oil spill taht occured.
and its my grammar is fine, its my spelling your having a problem with. and there have been studies to show that the majority of words are easily readable witha few letters out of place, sorry i dont go back and edit my posts ona na interneet chat board. its readable though, your jsut nitpicking.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Yeah this guy is WAY out of touch folks. I'm only bothering with this to hopefully wake him up. You can tell from the straightforwardness and lack of compassion that this person is either faking or is really ignorant. I'm going with faking because I can't imagine someone can be this harsh and cannot see the potential this disaster is going to do as soon as the first hurricane comes along.

Dude, if you're serious on your words, you really need to go back to school and do some learning --first on spelling and sentence structure. Then hopefully other things will fall into place.

Let me know if you need help.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The thing that gets me the most about this situation is that people think they have the right to call BP every name under the sun (and in some cases a jerk wanted their executives executed) when in fact they themselves are part of the problem. YOU rely on oil for nearly everything in your life. YOU make up the demand for the oil which companies like BP supply. Sure they messed up but lets have some clarity here.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The amount of crazy threads on this oil spill is way over the top and should be capped now.....oil leaks happen the world over and noone goes on and on about them the way that they do with this one.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

ttfn!

Thats a huge example of ignorance

In case you havent noticed the motto of ATS is "deny ignorance", not promote it. Frankly, if this happened in you area, and affected your life in a major way, would you want people to simply not care?

OZ not to single anyone out, but by posting a reply you and everyone else is just feeding into the ignorance of this thread. When people post garbage like this why don't we as a community deny and ignore the ignorance being spouted and let these threads die.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ong Bak

Again thats ignorance

You have only been here a few months, so how would you know that other oil spills havent been talked about here?

Yes, the media is hyping it up, they always do, but if you bothered to actually do some research, and view some of the amatuer footage of the area affected, you may actually realise that the scale of this disaster is actually huge.

You obviously dont seem to have investigated the effects on fragile marine ecosystems, or do you seem to have grasped the importance of these ecosystems in the food chain.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ong Bak

If im off base here, i am sorry.

This OP to me seems like an obvious troll. at first i didnt want to reply and feed into it , but honestly im so sick of threads like these that are created with just one intent, ignorantly pushing peoples emotional buttons to get a pre planned response..is collecting ATS points really that important to you ? i am really just trying to figure out other than trolling why anyone would start a thread like this?

~meathead

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I'm not crying about other members and their opinions, I find it funny. If you look back at the big oil companies track records of "disasters" stuff like this happens quite frequently. Just because the media is hyping this one up doesn't mean its impact will be far beyond that of any other oil spill that occurred.
My grammar is fine, it's my spelling you're having a problem with, and there have been studies to show that the majority of words are easily readable with a few letters out of place. Sorry, I don't go back and edit my posts on an internet chat board. It's readable though, you're just nitpicking.

Obviously it is not just spelling. I have repaired your post to show an example. One of the rules is to write coherently for others to understand, considering many of the members here are from other countries.

If you find other people's opinions funny, you quietly laugh at it, and close out of the page, not make a thread about it.

This oil spill is in the top ten oil disasters of all time. This does not happen all of the time, like you think it does.

You think the media is hyping this, but they, BP, and the government, are all hiding the real numbers. There is no hype. They are trying to make this look smaller than it really is.

I rarely edit my posts for spelling either. I have spell check on Firefox.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Not getting much coverage on the spill in Australia, so ATS is the only place i can find whats going on.Op i think your keyboard is broken.Theres a study that shows unreadable posts are often unread.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join