It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't God intervene? A question to the religious among you..

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by blujay

All is unfolding just as it should.

It is so refreshing for me, to cross paths with others that hold this vision.

To me, this says....it is up to us. Our perception of things matters. Ifi we sit and wait on something outside of us to fix us...what do we learn? If we step up and see that we must do something about it all...become all we can be as a unit...then mabey mountains will move.

All my best
LV

For me, as well! But the tides are turning and even on ATS, I see a little teeny bit of headway being made in this direction.

Our perception is all we have. Add to that, we can change our perception at any given moment. If we stop feeling 'bad' about someone, or for someone, we then immediately move from adding focus to the problem, to feeding the energy of solution.

When we can be in the moment, or in the NOW, we are better equipped to handle a situation. We can act from intuition and knowing, rather than re-act from an emotional standpoint...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

You ignored my question and gave me more gobbledygook.

I did not ignore your question. I agreed to what you said. So there is nothing to discuss.

That is both presumptuous and arrogant! You know nothing about me or my life. Clearly it is you who isn't thinking clearly!

IRM :shk:

Well, you are first one who looked down on me and threw some insults. People who are secured of themselves do not insult other people. So, the conclusion is that you still need to fix some dramas in your life.

Anyway, I'm not here to exchange low vibrations. You can have the last say. Peace!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

I have spent untold hours in meditation. I have seen, felt, grown, and now understand many things that I could not comprehend before. I used to be an adherent of science. I used to have unshakable faith in the human mind. But life experience has demonstrated to me time and time again that we are so fallible that we really cannot take ourselves seriously. Life is something else altogether. When you can understand this, you will have stepped onto the path. Until then, I can only encourage you to sit and feel for a while. Feel what the Universe is trying to tell you. There's no need for lamentations. Once you get it, the elegance will take your breath away.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberjedi
reply to post by ccsct203

Please present you're irrefutable evidence, that the baby according to you're statement, is in heaven, with god.

If there is no God then we are only living here and now and who really cares who suffers.
Do we care if we harm a ant or a tree? If we are no different then that ant or tree then why not do as we want when we what and to who we want.
The reason is that we have a sense of right and wrong to some degree.

But there is a God and He does care. Does He take joy in suffering? No
Does He take joy in anyones death? yes.. the death of His Saints.

If God does not exist then what hope do we have ...NONE!
If God does exist (which He does) everyone should take the time to find out what He expects from you and DO IT!

If someone cares to find God's will ...ask Him.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Oh, so this life is like a game being controlled by some other "true me" in another "true reality."

If I play a game and use a character that goes around as a thief and assassinates the rich just cause I want to see if I can get away with it, it has absolutely NO similarity to REAL LIFE. Video game characters don't actually feel. They don't have life experiences. Killing them doesn't matter because they don't actually exist.

What you are suggesting is more like a game where I could place a mind control device on a person, make them do my bidding, including rape, murder, and then skydive without a parachute, just because I wanted the experience. Never mind that it was a real person with feelings. Never mind that he actually felt pain while I controlled him.

Completely different than a game.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I'm sorry, but I need to post this just as a request for you to go back and read my first post in this thread which was a reply to your question. We've got a little off topic and my serious response to you has been lost in pages of... something....

Anyway, best of wishes to you guys, later.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
reply to post by colec156

That might be a possibility in regards to our physicality, but what of our spiritual nature. If we have a soul, where does it comes from and who created it?

A soul is something I believe that you create, its some thing that becomes you from learning and experiences from birth up to death. If god gave people their souls he also allows and knowingly evil souls to be born. Before you play me the It's the Devil card, just remember that God created everything allegedly and being omniscient he knew that Lucifer would turn his back on him.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
God is no respecter of person. It rains on the just as well as the unjust. I mean seriously?

I see God bashing threads all the time. People who do not believe in a Creator trying to squish believers hopes. But when something bad happens they want to blame God, or try to use it to speak evil of God and continue to deny Him.

My question is this. Why would you use such an awful event to start a God bashing thread? I mean if you do not believe in God how are you trying to even hold the Lord accountable?

The truth is you will never understand the mind of God.

I'm not here to bash god, I respect people and their beliefs but the problem I have is, some people's beliefs are not truly their own, they are forced on them doctered, changed, forced to fit someone else's ideology. If you believe in god then use the one thing that god gave you to question and that my friends is your mind. Ask questions and be open to idea's.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

No wonder it's so difficult for you to grasp the concept of a God with no limits.

God has no limits, and yet, acts and IS limited (for whatever reason people can throw out). Therefore, your statement is illogical.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

If there was a God, and he was all powerful like most religions profess him to be.

How could God allow suffering like this to occur?

I am struggling deeply with this, I cannot beleive that there is a God when I see these examples.

Any thoughts ATS?

[edit on 13-6-2010 by kiwifoot]

God is not here amongst us earth dwellers, as per our request many centuries ago, so we can't expect him to make special appearances whenever we make mistakes.

These things happen all the time, and you're asking why GOD lets it all happen?

How about this; WHERE ARE THE PARENTS OF THESE CHILDREN???????????? I'm a parent and the first rule in raising young children is DONT LET THEM OUT OF YOUR SIGHT, NOT EVEN FOR ONE SECOND!

This isn't something to involve GOD in. People decide to have children and it is up to those 2 people called PARENTS to prevent these kind of things from happening. MOST cases CAN be prevented if people would just pay ATTENTION to their sourroundings. All it takes is 1 second of neglect and your child can be gone.

We cant blame God for human error. Everything bad that happens, we have brought upon ourselves, as a whole, not individually.

It's time to take responsibility for our own actions.

If you want to stop innocent children from dying, start counseling the parents.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think ATS needs a frequently asked quetions section for all forums.
This would have to make the first three. Forget about people just being smart
:shk:
enough to know certain questions are far beyond redundant. That they
must have been asked already a thousand times. Try a little imagination next time. Like with a cherry on top or something.

What ever point you are out to make with this . I think you have everything figured out and are ready to move on to the next level.
You go boy.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
if god intervened then you wouldnt learn your lesson. he gives you little hints like build nuclear shelters for your people now before russia and china decide to DP you. other than that you just gotta use your damn brain.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Why doesn't God intervene? A question to the religious among you..

I have an even better question. WHY DONT PEOPLE INTERVENE? In Anything?

We are all guilty of dooming our existence.

There are what, 10 billion people living on earth? 10 BILLION. How is it, that 9 1/2 billion people can't overthrow those half billion that CONTROL our existence???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

That is the million dollar question.

It seems to me, that for the most part, WE JUST DON"T WANT TO. We don't want a peaceful planet; we want chaos.

We're too lazy to go out in the world and actually make a difference or do something for the better of mankind. We are not trying to change anything. We are comfortable with the way things are because it's easier that way.

When we point a finger at someone, in this case GOD, remember that you have 4 fingers pointing back at yourself, because you are just as guilty for not INTERVENING or doing something about it.

I HATE when people play the blame game, the very same people who view the world through their television sitting on their nice comfy sofa.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Originally posted by FortAnthem

I have heard that sometimes God sees a soul that is so beautiful, he calls it home early, before it can be corrupted by this world.

Also, perhaps it was not God acting to cause these tragedies but Satan causing them in order to try your faith. God permits the devil to try people's faith because, those who still hold to the faith in the face of tragedy have their faith strengthened in the end.

God allows the devil to use children for these tragedies because their innocence ensures that they will receive their reward in heaven for the suffering they were forced to endure here on Earth.

Thank you for that reply, quite beautiful. But my main gripe still holds true, surely God shouldn't have allowed this poor baby to go in such a horrific manner. Especially if it was the work of the devil!!

kiwi,

Perhaps you are asking the wrong question. Maybe you should be asking how many children were saved in the face of tragedy. Surely you must know that many have survived accidents of all types. It seems you are truly concerned about those who have died horrible deaths, and rightfully so. That is honorable. But maybe you should bow your head and give thanks to the Lord for saving the ones who did survive (injured or not) accidents that could have killed them.

It is said that the Lord works in mysterious ways. I believe he sometimes does. The Bible talks about the physical world which we live in and it talks about the spirit world in which God resides. The ways of these two realms are completely different and we, beings of the physical world, do not always understands the way of the spiritual world. Those children that died horrible deaths in this world go on to the next world were they will never know of the pains, letdowns, disappointments, illness, loss of loved ones, etc... that you and I and everyone else will know at some point in our lives. If you ask me, that sure sounds like a blessing.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
God is an absentee landlord at best, and a sadistic monster at worst.

Perhaps we are all waiting to be received by a being that in fact does not exist at all, except in the minds of the hopeful and the hopeless.

I wish there is a God and a plan for all of this, but it just seems that by and large things happen without much rhyme or reason.

I pray there is a God, but a moment of clarity is worth a thousand prayers. Is there a meaning to any of this? Are we significant and beloved by our creator or are we nothing more than animated specks of dust plodding along, no more precious than an ant or a microbe?

If we truly knew the answer then life would be a lot easier to accept, and we wouldn't spend our waking hours trying to attribute meaning where there is none.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Why doesn't God intervene?

If God intervened we wouldn't have learned anything. We would stop all the evil and resume again when God leaves.

We must act like God is around at all times. I have heard people curse God for the pain and suffering in this world, I have heard people curse God because they messed up, but I RARELY heard people give thanks because something good happens.

It is always blame God for evil, but thank myself for good things.

Maybe we are supposed to experience the good part of life and the evil. After all, Life lessons are the hardest things earned on this Earth.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

I have heard that sometimes God sees a soul that is so beautiful, he calls it home early, before it can be corrupted by this world.

Also, perhaps it was not God acting to cause these tragedies but Satan causing them in order to try your faith. God permits the devil to try people's faith because, those who still hold to the faith in the face of tragedy have their faith strengthened in the end.

God allows the devil to use children for these tragedies because their innocence ensures that they will receive their reward in heaven for the suffering they were forced to endure here on Earth.

No offense to this poster, but in my opinion, this is a crock. If there is a god, and if this god does as you say, ( calls it home early) then why does this all knowing, all powerful, etc god even let this child be born?

So it can :
1. bring joy of it's birth and then devastation of it's death to it's parents ( to maybe teach parents a lesson to pray more?, or I'll burn your baby to death?)

So it can:
2. suffer excruciating pain by being burned to death as an innocent infant ( does this god enjoy seeing someone in pain until it takes it's last breath?)

Will this baby go to god's heaven? Who knows? With so many contradictions in the bible, it's hard to tell. Also, if one believes the 144,000 , surely that quota has been long ago met. Only Christians go to heaven? Was this infant a Christian? Saved, unsaved? Sinners? Only Jews? So, who goes to heaven?

And if this god is the creator of all, all powerful, all knowing, all everything, why in the sam hill even create a satan/devil/negative force to create trouble? Surely if I were god, I would not create an opposing opponent who causes nothing but trouble.

And:

(Psalm 58):

“The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies."

According to this passage, children are not innocent and are sinners the day they are born.

None of this makes any sense at all!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

God is not some old dude up in the heavens looking down on us.

That is a primitive mindset.

We TOGETHER combined are all "god".

We allow this &hit to happen by greed and apathy.

The sooner we can as a species realize our true potential and progress back to the one source.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
My thoughts on this Earth are like this:

There are many levels of life to experience, and like a job you must start from the bottom and experience your way up.

God created the universe and wants to share it with the angels and the earliest beings created. He than sees that there aren't enough beings to explore and enjoy the vast amount of landscapes he created.

God creates Earth as a soul producer.

We are born into this machine to learn, explore, and grow. Once we grow, we are allowed to explore the vast creations. Some may be slower to grow and some may be faster.

So the meaning of life is to live, learn, explore, grow, and to better yourself.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

I couldn't have said it better.

So many people still have such a primitive mindset, like the natives in Joe vs The Volcano.

Good post.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join