It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't God intervene? A question to the religious among you..

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by On the Edge

ALl I want to say is that if a person over comes being bitter, angry, ect....this is their strength within them, this is their skill of adapting, coping, and dealing with life, in a mature manner.

They have made progress, and they should be proud of themselves for dealing with life in a more positive way that benefits their inner being.

I have yet to see how being bitter and angry can benefit anyone's "inner being".

I can understand a "righteous indignation" concerning the evil in the world and the sorrow that derives from it,but then,"Vengeance is mine,sayeth the Lord"...It is not for us to judge,but to live a life that He called us to,of loving those who appear to least deserve it. The example being Jesus Himself,who gave His life for us all that we might be found in Him,when in fact we are all sinners deserving of death.(That's not me saying that,that is the Gospel,of which I am a believer.)

Laying down a grudge and forgiving people who have done wrong brings more peace to the "inner person" that carrying the weight of resentment.

Perhaps I misunderstood you?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by airvicemarshal

THE COUNTERFACTUAL

Had Dick Cheney died, maybe George Bush might have bottled out from the torture and invasion of Iraq, and the depleated Uranium poisn would not be spreading across the world.

ANd indeed, God gave Dick Cheney a heart condition. But man in his wisdom has created advanced heart medicine, so Dick Cheney lived and Gitmo, Al Graib, Blackwater and the butchery of Iraq has all taken place.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Sorry! I did misunderstand you! (That's what I get for trying to post when I'm in the middle of working out!) I shouldn't even leave the computer on,it's too distracting!

Well,now since I see what you said,...

Congradulations for having your own opinion!

I have no problem with how you choose to believe. Why are you calling me out on my beliefs? Does it bother you that I attribute the best characteristics of who I am to the Lord and His Holy Spirit working within me?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

If you have children, and they make a huge mess....and are old enough to observe 'they' are the ones that made the mess....what makes more sense...for the parent to come and clean it up for them, or for that child to clean up the mess themselves.

This existence is so not about being saved or having a belief...its about your inner nature, your inner vibration of your light, your will to live more for yourself or more for others, the ability to find the Divine Will....so you can then be a tool for it.

You need no book or religion to find the Divine Will. The word of the Spirit is within life itself, its always been here, was here before man, was placed in a place that it cant be tainted or destroyed.

The nature of cause and affect are obvious here...and along side that exists the spiritual law of reaping what we sow. The nature of recycling, all things returning to their source from where they came, is obvious in the blueprint of life...just as so, the spiritual law, all things are made in a way they will return to the source.

No one can save you, you are in your own flesh body for a reason, you are to carry your own cross instead of casting your weight onto another cross.

When God lives through you, and you understand the Divine Will of unity and love for this sphere being the highest image of us an this sphere, then God works through you, your nature becomes of the Will of Spirit.

We are the ones to do better things, we are the ones that must find out how to move mountains. We are not here to just accept and seek...we are here to do things, it is us who much bring Earth to its highest image that God holds for it. It is us that must bring our highest image to light, of what God holds for it.

You said you wished more would respond to your posts back on page 7 or 8....so there you go, that was the first one I saw so I replied. It probably was not what you wanted to here....but this world is defiantly NOT about God coming to fix it.

God is waiting on us to do things....not us waiting on God to do things.

By the way, any punishments, are given by the 'self' after they see through the eye of God what they need to reap of. Punishment is more just another cycle of learning. There is no issue with those not accepting a certain belief, some of the most true of hearts do not hold any beliefs but must go by logic and reason...and this is fine by God.

God is understanding, and Thee understands the ones that need to 'know' things without a doubt, and can not 'just accept things' they know not.

Forgive them for what they do not know.

Best intentions
LV

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Your God is a Lizard and is laughing at the foolish humans.

Actualy a being of infinite power that could create a universe would have absolutely no empathy or emotions for a few billion humans on a distant speck of dust floating in a vast sea of stars. Humans tend to believe they are the ultimate creation and that "GOD" cares what happens to them.

Humans create there own reality. When you learn how this is done, then you will be able to change events.

You say. How can a mear human do something like this? Each person has to walk his or her own path. Along the way you will learn many things. When you reach a certain point, emotions will no longer judge your actions. In effect YOU will become your own creator and YOU will hold the power to create or destroy the reality that surrounds your own creation.

You ask Why dosen't God fix stuff? Why he/she/it lets all the hurt int he world continue?

You are the cause, and the cure your god is simply waiting for YOU to take the step to do IT YOURSELF.

Example..

If you give a person a fish, then he/she will be able to feed himself/herself for a day. If you teach the man/woman to fish then they can feed themselves for a lifetime.

So is with the wisdom that each person must learn, to advance up the ladder of light.

Or, you could just shake your fist, yell, scream, sob and plead, beg, pray,
But it won't help.

No one is listening.

Not the answer you wanted to hear.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

It does not bother me that you fall onto beliefs. I am not bothered. I offer a different light for others, just as you feel you are offering a light to others.

We are spiritual beings, we need to be aware when we have grown in our spiritual ways. If one over comes bitterness....this person has achieved something.

Your ways comes from a book...the Holy Spirit offers things to us that can not be found in the books of Earth.

I just offer a understanding...just as you are doing also.

It is no different. If I have a understanding that differs from another, I bring voice to that. Does that bother you?

All my best
LV

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

ALl I want to say is that if a person over comes being bitter, angry, ect....this is their strength within them, this is their skill of adapting, coping, and dealing with life, in a mature manner.

The credit should be owned by them, and they should give themselves a pat on the back for not letting emotional and shortcomings over come them.

They have made progress, and they should be proud of themselves for dealing with life in a more positive way that benefits their inner being.

YOu can attribute it to God...but God is probably saying 'good job, that is the way, you are learning, your are maturing, Im proud of you;.

You addressed me on the subject,not the other way around.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Yes I did....offering a different perspective then what you offered, if it does not benefit you, mabey and hopefully it will benefit another.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

No problem! I just thought you were addressing me personally for some reason.

Like I said,I shouldn't be trying to do these two things at once!

Have a nice night!

P.S.
In response to your signature...

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

As we know from past conversations,we do not now and may never see eye to eye,but we do respectfully disagree.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by On the Edge]

[edit on 15-6-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

God is waiting on us to do things, before He does His thing. A big part of Jesus teachings told us to be active and not just wait around for God. Paul told the Christians to stop being lazy and start working because everyone had stopped living their lives because they expected Jesus to come back any day. We are supposed to be active, I can agree with that.

Other than that, I can't really say I agree with your post at all. Thank you for keeping it respectful. I'm really too tired to respond to it in detail, and doing so would probably get me more fired up than I need to be anyway.

Hope you all have a good night. See ya around.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by piedsniper

Arrogance ? You part quote me to make me look arrogant. Why ? I just admitted we all sin. Except i try to go to YHWH(IEUE) afterwards for forgiveness. You've just proven my point. 'try and destroy our posts' thanks. The moment the world admits we've all sinned against oneanother then maybe we can find peace...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Intuitiveaptitude2009

Arrogance ? You part quote me to make me look arrogant.

Nope, I quoted what was relevant, you made yourself look arrogant.

Why ?

I answered

I just admitted we all sin.

Here is where you speak with arrogance, you admit on behalf of others. I've already pointed out, atheists do not "sin" to sin is to require the imaginary man that lives in the sky. As this being is but a delusion in the eyes of an atheist then an atheist is simply unable to sin.

You may choose to believe you sin, whatever sin means to you such is your choice and your right . In order to do so you have somehow persuaded yourself that the character that appears in a cobbled together bible is real to you and you may well use this as a frame of reference for your life.

Please have the courtesy to acknowledge that atheists do not generally in any way conform to your bronze age mentality or choose to be described as according to what appears to be your delusion.

Except i try to go to YHWH(IEUE) afterwards for forgiveness. You've just proven my point. 'try and destroy our posts' thanks.

It's not really difficult for a rational person to destroy a religious post all that is needed is a request for evidence and as we both know the apologists have failed miserably and inevitably fall back on the "Ah, it's all a matter of faith" position.

The moment the world admits we've all sinned against oneanother then maybe we can find peace...

Here again you display arrogance, you insist that others think like you in order to bring peace to the earth and that somehow you are aware of the thoughts and actions of others.

Dude, we have on this planet had quite a few thousand years of voluntary enforced adherence to the scribblings of control freaks and deluded in relation to your mountain god. One glance around us tells us that it simply doesn't work.

Fear based control mechanisms such as the yahwhe religions will inevitably fail and give rise to others such as the NWO in order to keep the ignorant in line.

A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still

Check out this christian idiot making a complete tit of himself trying to persuade others that his childish beliefs are grounded in reality. Needless to say more than a few of his bleating fans hung on every word and also made themselves look foolish branding bananas at their more rational fellow primates.

There is no bigger fool than an old fool.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

God is waiting on us to do things, before He does His thing

How is this possible for an omnipresent/omniscient being if everything has already been done, you imply unawareness.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Your ways comes from a book...the Holy Spirit offers things to us that can not be found in the books of Earth

How do you know that this spirit is holy does it tell you ? If it tells you how do you know it is not lying ?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by piedsniper

There is simple faith, believing in what we are told by others, through books....and then there is true faith....trusting God will not betray, allow tricks, leave one to fall.

I had to trust, that God saw these things within me. I had to learn to trust the Holy Spirit in order to 'test all things through the Holy Spirit'.

It is a shame that Gods spiritual beings have been taught they have reasons to fear that God wont lead them.

All I can tell you is I and my family have had experiences no religion can explain. I offered myself to be of use, places my fate in the hands of God, went through much cleansing and twisting out of the knot in my mind of fear fear fear....and I truly feel my voice has carried to the heavens, I truly feel I had been guided in many ways to understand things, I truly feel that I answered due to my trust that God would be there for me, and that I did not seek for reasons of self, I sought for my other selves here. No one is special, we all have this waiting for us. The reason I am on ATS...is because I agreed in the beginning of all of this, to share things with others. I never expected all the things to occur that have.

What do you think it means to test all things through the Holy Spirit. What do you think it means that the Kingdom is within you. What do you think it means, to knock. What do you think it means, to see with one eye of light.

Religions offer us alot....but few find the pearls of trusting God for a personal path of knowing and experiencing. Its one thing to follow, its another to seek for yourself.

God knows, a honest heart. God knows, when a being is seeking Thee, out of their own true will. Truly seeking, having true faith, there will be someone at the door, there will be someway, to discern things through the Spirit, surely seeing with one eye of light, is not about reading a book.

You have to trust Thee.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I appreciate your respectful, disagreeing!

Much love always
LV

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

And thank you for keeping it respectful as well

All my best to you and yours
LV

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Perhaps God is a clean freak, and God does not want oil on his hands.

So many gods on the fence. So many choices.

At first I was like ..yea Buda will step in and save the sea life, then I thought Jebus would want to steal the show, but Zues would knock him back.

In the end the pagan god called the "Sun" (not Jebus), will help the most with it's magical powers that speed up the evaporation of the VOC's.

That is devine as the intervention is going to get.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SSimon
You know im pretty s!ck and tired (respectfully)with God's passive mercyfulness.You have been a good boy today so i wont hit you. Living in servitude of a God that we have to be afraid of ,while we have 1725 pages of a book that teach us to love one another.

I gave life to my children and i dont teach them to fear me.Thats not love but hey:god's ways are unscruitable right ?, except when you see a cute nun !
edit

[edit on 14-6-2010 by SSimon]

This isn't how God works, at all. This is how the evil people of this world want you to think. They want you to convert over to the dark side >

Why do people blame God, who isn't even here, for a perspective that Humans have created? Blame the appropriate people; the catholic church, Hitler, etc etc.

Servitude to God? The only way He wants to be served is by appreciating life and making the best of it. By doing good works and helping other people. By multiplying and teaching your kids to do the same. All he wants is for you to be thankful and pay it forward.

Is that asking for too much?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

well written again

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join