It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can Stop The Leak

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
id like to start by saying in order to stop the flow we need another rig at the disaster zone precisly where the last rig was and too start drilling again so that we can pump this stuff down
www.google.co.uk...=en&source=hp&q=expanding+foam&rlz=1R2ADRA_enGB383&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=c0f5e82b54f08033

thats what we need to do so simple, fair enough we need poo loads of it

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13/6/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Na you need the worlds biggest hydrogen bomb.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
no 1 can say my hair brained scheme wont work lol

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If you have a plan I didn't see it.
Nobody is really in the mood for nonsense as it concerns this issue.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
least i have a valid idea on how to mybe stop it, and its a lot better than golf balls and shredded tyres

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
As much as I hate to respond to this and rather you figure out your science on your own.. go to your local hardware store, buy a can of foamseal. Take it home and make a big pile... giggle screaming "IT WILL WORK IT WILL WORK!!" as you watch it grow out of control. Then take a small cup of gas and pour it on it. Those solvents are in the plume of oil spewing. Now take a picture of your sad face over the melted pile of foamseal..

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
the logic behind using foam seal which there are many diffrent types with diffrent contents have the same desired effect and that is they expand and take up space

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
As much as I hate to respond to this and rather you figure out your science on your own.. go to your local hardware store, buy a can of foamseal. Take it home and make a big pile... giggle screaming "IT WILL WORK IT WILL WORK!!" as you watch it grow out of control. Then take a small cup of gas and pour it on it. Those solvents are in the plume of oil spewing. Now take a picture of your sad face over the melted pile of foamseal..

^^^^^^^I laughed pretty darn hard^^^^^

KDM no offense, if what I think you're suggesting the only thing that would happen is another rig sinking into the ocean in a blazing fireball! Transocean isn't in the business of burning up 350 million dollar rigs.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Right now all people should be thinking about are lost property values and possible evacuation!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Sorry for being so critical, when I read your topic I saw Obama on a tanker with a million empty cans of foamseal lolol.. Yes they do make them out of different substances, but I'm afraid anything that has the propensity to expand that much is going to be petroleum based regardless of the final composition. The oil would eat through it as fast as it's injected.

I will give you credit though because it's a halfway decent idea. I thought of expanding foam bombs too at first, then realized all this.

I've resigned to suggesting they make a 6.5" diameter 10' long tube of Pilsbury Grands biscuits, ram it down the pipe then crack the tube. =)

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
uh we really need to break the device we have down there that is keeping the whole open. if that device wasn't there, the leak would be sealed by now, the earth would have sealed it naturally.

so break the freaking thing off already.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

fair enough im up against so much oppisition against the idea of expanding foam because its petroleum based but it wouldnt be the final solution, it would only have to last a few days untill concrete got pumped in and that after a few days only gets harder and harder

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

thanks for the positive reply

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

thats like saying if I take a hammer and chisel and pound a hole in a rock it will heal itself.............

Not going to happen, its not playdoh

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
what u just said and what i said are not the same

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If my understanding of the situation is correct, plugging the well at this point would cause blowouts all over the place. The sea floor is damaged and there are other large leaks. Plugging the main well will redirect that pressure to the other leaks and cause them to grow.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The OP has no idea what he is talking about and has no idea whether his scheme is going to work....he must work at BP!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Na you need the worlds biggest hydrogen bomb.

You are in error.

You need the worlds smallest hydrogen bomb.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

That's quite interesting....

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

uh no its not. we didn't chisel anything, we drilled. drill implies that the object you are going into is bigger and that you wanna go through it.
the earth is so big and shifts all the time, i.e. rocks falling, mudslides.. etc. so if we no longer have something that is designed to keep the hole open, then yes, I am right, and the earth will close in on itself.

besides we're talking huge amounts of pressure and lots of water, and oil. yeah i'm sure and would bet my house and my parents house and any other property I may be able to someday claim my own that the earth would close in on itself.

think of all those mines that have collapsed... thats what the earth does.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join