It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Leak + Evidence = Unfathomable Disaster ! Government Not Talking to Avoid MASS PANIC! The Earth

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I certanly hope you are wrong about this.
I can see there is tons of information and speculation on ats about this oilsubject but too little are talked about in media, atlest in sweden.

Im checking these threads constantly and looking on our lokal aswell as national newschannel but this far all we got is about 1 hour of total "information".

Can anyone reccomend any reliable newschannel?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Listen, I am no geologist either. But surely a Volcano, no matter how large is ever going to alter our trajectory or destabilize our axis. Unless it were so large that it split the earth in half (i.e. Never going to happen
)

After billions of years of asteroid/comet impacts and Earth formation/creation where millions of volcanoes around the world were erupting and NOT affecting our cosmic balance (hence why we are here today, in the habitable green zone) - I really find it hard to believe that a volcano is going to create enough force and power to push us out of orbit.
Unless of course you argue that these volcanic eruptions acted as primitive thrusters and moved us into the right position to form life

Now, hopefully it isn’t true... But I suspect if it were then we would be looking at a new caldera formation - And that would implicate the real disastrous global impact

But meh. We already face that from a multitude of other volcanic sources… Why can’t the BP well join the party?

Joking aside… I call fear mongering

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

I love Australia... truley the lucky country..lol

That said, if 50% of the worlds population dose go the way of the Dodo, and entire races are wiped out..

With our massive ethnic diversity, the races will live on...

[edit on 6/14/2010 by Ironclad]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Common sense dictates there is something in the oil that tptb do not want us to see or know about. It further suggests that it is something they have no contingency plans for. There is one Bible prophecy that might apply, "and the sea shall give up its dead." Perhaps it means something other than the dead humans lost or buried at sea. It is one thing to see faces in the clouds but it would be something else to see them in the oil laden waves or lying on the sands of our beaches and wetlands.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I always thought it would be wonderful upon reaching the age I am now, to have grandchildren I could take to the park, or fishing, and anything else a grandpa does, but now I thank my God I don't have any. Us humans have exploited this beautiful little planet for all we can get out of her, and now because of greed it's time to pay the piper. The innocents in all of this are of course the children and nature. It's a shame that whatever causes the possible extinction of the human race will also kill off the Earth's wildlife, though hopefully enough insects will survive to help rejuvenate the plantlife, then the planet can start over again.
Perhaps this oil disaster is part of the N.W.O. plans for reducing the human population through starvation and disease, by killing off the food in the oceans that many countries depend on. If we do survive, then let what has happened be a wakeup call for everyone to do what's neccessary to quit our dependancy on fossil fuels, even if it means having to get rid of these big oil bums who would kill us all because of their own greed! For years they've suppressed any technology that would provide us with free energy, well hopefully we can still turn the tables and do what should have been done years ago!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Just got home and fired up the computer and took a look at what's going on down there and I have to ask what they hell is going on down there. It looks like that whole BOP is getting ready to blow to pieces.

Check out the Enterprise and Skandi cams. Watch them for a while. Everything will look like before and then suddenly it looks like something is blasting out of that well every once in a while, gas and rocks, etc. What the heck is going on? At times you can't see anything on those cames because that plum of crap coming out expands to engulf everything around it.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kliskey
Listen, I am no geologist either. But surely a Volcano, no matter how large is ever going to alter our trajectory or destabilize our axis. Unless it were so large that it split the earth in half (i.e. Never going to happen
)

Not necessarily true; there is evidence of internal eruptions on other planets (specifically, Mars) that MIGHT have caused planetary axial destabilization at one time. This is a minority scholarly viewpoint that explains the extreme wobble of the Mars axis -- nowadays, most experts seem to think it was caused by massive asteroid impact or something similar rather than an eruption. Yet I think it is technically possible.

I don't have any links on hand to toss at you but the pedantic among you might want to glance at this thread about the violent geologic history of mars for a sense of what can happen to a planet...either due to internal or external causes.

[edit on 6/14/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
could be true... wasn't there a thread on ATS last week with a picture of what looked to be an underwater explosion?

Found it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Odessy]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by seanizle
reply to post by paxnatus

Wow, just watched the video you posted from msnbc. This is really getting bad......

Is anyone else thinking about what Credo Mutwa said at the beginning of the year?

I really hope he was just trippin balls

thanks for that link, great to hear from credo ...i have always enjoyed his interviews and perspective on things.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Can you imagine if they blow a volcano 30,000 feet below the ocean floor? No I can't either. Forget the danger of radiation, that will not be our biggest concern. The event will be monumental enough to throw the earth off it's axis.

No, but based on other seismic activities throughout history I can't see anything CATACLYSMIC happening as you suggest.

And again as you suggest, you have no idea what would happen either if a volcano erupts 30,000 feet under the seabed.

And further, you really don't even have evidence that there IS a volcano down there ready to blow.

Yet you are predicting some cataclysmic disaster based on an event that you admittedly have very little knowledge of.

Seems like unfounded fearmongering to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalamara

Its funny because when this all first happened i said this would happen and i had people saying you`re commenting on things i obviously know nothing about? So in that case how is it i was right?
Gulf will collapse, massive event IS imminent.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
reply to post by mazzroth

I love Australia... truley the lucky country..lol

That said, if 50% of the worlds population dose go the way of the Dodo, and entire races are wiped out..

With our massive ethnic diversity, the races will live on...

[edit on 6/14/2010 by Ironclad]

lmao....your quote cracked me up. if only people in other countries understood how true your quote is. only trouble is that if we do have to repopulate from here, the world will be run by the middle east - from australia.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I suppose, but the forces required to actually move the planet must be HUGE. And I just dont think the explosive power of 1 volcano would do that. Maybe... 'maybe' if this theoretical eruption were to ignite all volcano's on earth, then yes.. Perhaps it would. But we would be long gone before we get to see what happens lol.

But yeh, I have read theories on Asteroid impact causing changes to a planets axis. But NOT its trajectory or orbital line around the sun.
Take Uranus for example, which is currently spinning on its side - Most likely caused by one hell of an horrific collision. But remains stable in its orbit.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Here is some basic science for those of you who think the well head
or casing will burst yet again spewing massive pools of oil into the sea.

1) Drill casing used in deep sea drilling has a compressive strength of
between 60,000 to 140,000 PSI (i.e. S-140 alloys). There are other
strength measurements but general drill pipe strength is based upon
two axes which is Tensile Strength (i.e. Bend until catastrophic metal
fracture or until plastic failure) and Compressive Strength (i.e. Press
until catastrophic metal fracture or until plastic failure).

There are also peak load and average load calculations
used to determine the workload a particular steel alloy will take
when used as well-bore casing and which include a number of factors
such as torsion, bend, compressive and shear forces which NEED
to be taken into account when you're drilling through multi-strata
formation rock and/or other substances such as salt, sulphurous
(i.e. corrosive) compounds or heated/pressure activated formations
that may suddenly MOVE because of intrusion by a well-bore or by
upwelling of lower formations due to magmic pressure.

2) These "strength" measurement allow us to determine the extremes
that any well casing can handle before it fails. What has been the problem
with BP and many OTHER players in the drilling industry is that they
have insufficiently computer modelled the EXTREMES of formation behaviour
upon stressed well casings AT THE EXTREMES of those well-casing
load capacities. The blowout happened because they just didn't foresee
that the extremes of the blow-out preventers would be reached and/or
surpassed. They probably THOUGHT they could get away with 80,000 PSI
alloys when they really needed 140,000 PSI alloys for both well casings
and blowout preventer modules.

3) Catastrophic failure is ...well....CATASTROPHIC!
It's both hard and EXPENSIVE to TEST to the extremes and since
the act of drilling is expensive, MOST companies do the basic
computer modelling BUT NEGLECT to TEST at the MINIMUM and
MAXIMUM strength values for any well device or casing...ergo...
they stick their head in the sand and HOPE that the drilling follows
a general "Standard Model" that is really just a comparison
against what has happened before. The problem with that attitude
is that compiling what has happened before is just "Statistics" which
models what GENERALLY or PROBABLY will happen but DOES NOT
model what will EXPLICITLY or SPECIFICALLY happen during a
particular drill operation. So BP basically put on their blinders
and started to drill EXPECTING things to go smoothly as they
probably HAD DONE BEFORE! However drilling in this specific
instance caused an exceeding of MANY maximums when it
came to the forces that were present within the formations
AND thus upon the materials USED to perform the drilling...ergo
the blow-out preventers failed because the alloys used in them
weren't strong enough and that the drilling of relief wells MAY WELL
FAIL AGAIN because they're using 120,000 PSI well casing
when they need 140,000 PSI (i.e. S-140 alloys) capable materials.

4) Thinking ahead...In Canada it is ILLEGAL to drill an oil or gas well
without filing an EXTENSIVE catastrophic failure plan in place for
dealing with rupture of well-bores and dangerous formation behaviours.
Why the USA does NOT have such a legal requirement is beyond me!
SOME companies already have well caps ready-built to be shipped
wherever just in case a head blowout DOES occur and while 5000 feet
underwater IS different than on-ground blowouts, the emergency
response machinery AND plans should have ALREADY been in place
and BP has definitely dropped the ball here!

5) Lack of extensive computer modelling and seismic surveys.
Using another company's example, SHELL OIL has a supercomputer
or four in London that do NOTHING BUT oil & gas reservoir and
strata-formation behaviour modelling.

BP is a very big company with a few BILLION dollars at it`s disposal,
a few 16,000 processor Linux grid processing systems are CHEAP
compared to just 30 days of drilling....WHY in the name of Heaven
did BP NOT HAVE an extensive seismic survey AND formation behaviour
model in place BEFORE drilling even began. A few thousand hours of
drill simulation modelling would have FORESEEN what would happen
if all the variables were plugged in correctly into a wide area deep-bore
drilling simulation.

Where are those drilling simulations? Where are the seismic surveys?
Who did those surveys and/or formation models? What variables
were included? Did BP even HAVE such a drilling simulation in place?

If not, then that was one of the biggest Crimes of the Century
and BP should be VASTLY PUNISHED for incompetence.

Hindsight is always 20/20 ... BUT .... to me, it seems that
SOMEONE is trying to coverup that they took SHORTCUTS
because of cost & time pressures.

ON a technical note, the well casing will eventually collapse
on itself because of basic formation pressure which will
eventually exceed the compressive strength of the well casing
as it is corroded by the drilling muds and sulphurous compounds
mixing together. The problem is that this could take more than
a year OR that the ejection pressures of the oil outflow COULD
WELL EXCEED the compressive forces of the surrounding
wellbore formations to PREVENT the natural well sealing
that SHOULD happen. Even relief wells might not do the trick
because the well-casing used in THOSE WELLS might not be strong
enough to hold the pressure of the formation`s oil outflow OR that the
formation has too many soft & hard spots which will exceed the
relief wellbore casing's ability to remain rigid and will bend past
the tensile strength of the casing because one formation is "hard"
and another "soft" causing excessive shearing or bending effects
upon the drill pipe as individual strata layers are punctured.

I see a whole lot of variables and NOT ENOUGH modelling of
probable drilling extremes and formation behaviours...ergo...this
is going to go on for 6 months or more. They need to dump
a whole lot of REALLY BIG & REALLY HEAVY pre-cast and
pre-stressed well caps rather than use explosives which might
shatter the formation....or they COULD try to drill MANY shallow
relief wells to inject corrosive or weakening compounds near the
casing and into wellbore formation walls to cause a "natural" wellbore
collapse which will eventually seal the well.

We'll have to wait and see.....

[edit on 2010/6/14 by StargateSG7]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Wow, Look guys I know this is a massive enviromental disaster...the worst on US soil..But it is not the end of the world!

I'm normally open minded to theories of foulplay - and to be honest the whole haliburton/boots and coots shenanigans LIHOP disturbs me more than the actual spill.

I do hope that the U.S govt and BP compensate those affected...

Obama is showing his lack of experience, BP (39% American owned 40% British 21% other) and their sub contractors have created a mssive problem, the toxic chemicals used for the clean will cause more damage than the oil!

The U.S has also turned down an offer from the U.K to help with the clean up www.timesonline.co.uk...

A marine polution expert Simon Boxall interview on channel 4 the other night (Will find a vid for this) confirmed that the coast line and surrounds waters should return to normal in around 4 months...based on data from other oil spills...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver
Very interesting theory! How big are you supposing "Super" is? Bigger then Yellowstone?
Be careful saying that this is all due to BP's Greed. Because it's everyone's greed! If you are using anything with plastic, drive a vehicle, use any of a billion items requiring lubrication, cooling and what not, you hold a piece of the blame here. BP and other Oil Companies are feeding Your Greed as well as their own.

What a stupid thing to say!!

How can you attribute this disaster on the consumer items I buy??

Let me ask you this... Do I have a choice? Some say yes you do, sure I do if I want to live like the natives of 200 years ago....

It is not greed that drives our species forwards, it’s our natural progression to further ourselves and we need more and more energy to be able to do that.

Those that say we need to reduce our power consumption have misunderstood the problem and our nature.

We need to increase our energy not decrease it. Yes this oil leak is a disaster but I can tell you that its when our backs are against the wall that we Humans are at our best. We come up with new ways of doing things, be creative and our species advances.

It has been the case at every major event of adversity in our history.

Climate change is a fact, though our climate has been changing ever since the planet formed one. Those life forms that adapt to the changes are the ones that survive and flourish.

We always survive because of our ingenuity, our ability to think laterally and our use of tools.

So please don't mistake this amazing thing that makes us Human as Greed.

MmmKaayyy??

Korg.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I've been watching those ROV cams every once in a while since they came online. When they placed that cap thang over the BOP to collect all that oil it's always looked like this:

Then this morning I've been watching and suddenly it looks like something else is going on and coming out of that cap:

What is all that? I've not seen any big change in the output flow of that thang until this morning. Sometimes it gets pretty heavy:

Sometimes it gets to heavy you can't see anything:

So what has changed? Watching that video it looks like chunks of rocks are blowing out of it from time to time too. And then it all settles down for a while before it kicks up again.

The above images were captures just a short while ago and this is still going on (although you may have to watch for a while to catch it). While these images were captured, the ROV wasn't moving at all.

???

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
From January 7, 2010

www.godlikeproductions.com...

scary

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Hendrix92TheUniverse]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
OP, Thank you for your post. Although, I disagree with some of your conjecture; your thread got me to do some research that resulted in this new ATS thread:

***SECRET BONE CHILLING – EPA Gulf of Mexico LIVE & DEATH Report***

Excerpt: "***GULF OF MEXICO REGIONAL WARNING: Airborne toxins and extremely poisonous volatile organic compounds (VOCs) have been found in the region by the EPA. The concentrations are 100+ times the maximum safe level for human inhalation. Exposure to these airborne toxins may result in: Respiratory illness, kidney failure, birth defects, brain disorders, incapacitation, and/or death. (Source linked below.)"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Note: a 2nd confirmation source has been found and is documented in the thread.

Edit for typo.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Gold_Bug]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join