It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Leak + Evidence = Unfathomable Disaster ! Government Not Talking to Avoid MASS PANIC! The Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Great post OP.

I took the time to watch all the video and really listen to what was being said. While enlightening, I still have lots of questions. My main question is what are the worst case sceneros if this leak is not stopped. Evironmental catastrophy? Human deaths? Mass evacuations? Widespread disease from toxic chemicals? Implimentation of martial law? I have not really heard any desisive answers. I understand that we are still in the very early stages of this disaster, but it would be helpful to know what the worst case sceneros really are. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Quick Thought..

Earth is not fragile like an egg, and mankind is not powerful enough to
cause massive destruction of this enduring planet by drilling a small
hole a mere 7 miles into its crust.

Wouldn't this be akin to a patient dropping dead after the nurse pricks
his finger to draw blood?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelsoftheapocalypse

Originally posted by Angelsoftheapocalypse
honestly, i think that this whole post is nothing but fear mongering in its finest form... you have no actual facts, all you have is assumptions and heresay. just like every time someone has predicted that the world was going to end, or that we were going to be overrun by our own goverment.. granted, there are truth's to be had by some of the information thats been put out, but next time you put out some fantastic news, please, have some solid evidence to back it up. thanks.

Not fearmongering, but speculation using what little information that is available. If BP and the US government would come clean with what is actually going on we wouldn't have to speculate. A lot of people are going through a lot of information to try and determine what happened and is happening. If you can find any information to show that they are wrong, please feel free to post it.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
reply to post by Angelsoftheapocalypse

Originally posted by Angelsoftheapocalypse
honestly, i think that this whole post is nothing but fear mongering in its finest form... you have no actual facts, all you have is assumptions and heresay. just like every time someone has predicted that the world was going to end, or that we were going to be overrun by our own goverment.. granted, there are truth's to be had by some of the information thats been put out, but next time you put out some fantastic news, please, have some solid evidence to back it up. thanks.

Not fearmongering, but speculation using what little information that is available. If BP and the US government would come clean with what is actually going on we wouldn't have to speculate. A lot of people are going through a lot of information to try and determine what happened and is happening. If you can find any information to show that they are wrong, please feel free to post it.

Agreed. All of this oil crap is scary no matter what angle you look at it... it's already done so much damage, so if it were to stop at this very instant would it still be OK? No.

Now, to think this is going to continue, and there may be even worse repercussions from all of this, is well - even more scarier - not just for me, not just for you, but for EVERYONE.

We need to find out the truth, and let's just all hope it's nothing like what the OP is about... and if it is, well let's hope that we find out the facts in time to at least safe as many lives as possible.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Honestly even if Obama or whoever knew that a nuke would work, they probably still wouldn't do it for who knows what reason. I agree that it should be looked into though. I know the idea is unpopular with some, but the thought of having to listen to people whining and complaining about this for months is worse than anything a nuke could do 2 miles under the ocean.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Quick Thought..

As long as they dont nuke it i dont think any big destruction will happen. But people will lose their jobs and state revenues seriously goes down and health risks. We also have to have official information regarding chemicals being released as reported somewhere and the toxic levels so that there is no harm to people on coastal. Other than that there is no big apocalypse i guess.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Good, people are finally starting to grasp the reality of this event.

Question is, did God allow it to happen?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Since President Obama is going to address the nation this coming
Tuesday evening, isn't it likely that he will have a major announcement,
like using a "baby" nuke to stop the oil flow?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chaosinorder

Being an ex rig hand, you should investigate this thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We will not be able to stop the flow.............This will be a major event that will affect all of us, not just those living there.......

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by chaosinorder

I don't see that there is a place to run to but if there were would the
safety last? If this is true then only God himself could reach down
and stop some or all of the destructive force behind an explosion.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I agree that these things are notable, but I sort of feel it's just BP waiting for someone else to spend money and clean up the effort while they pretend to be doing so.

they can buy up google search sites but they can't shell out more for the effort?

I feel like they're doing a business-like version of the popular basketball strategy of "wasting the clock", for the sake of saving money.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Originally posted by ghaleon12
Honestly even if Obama or whoever knew that a nuke would work, they probably still wouldn't do it for who knows what reason. I agree that it should be looked into though. I know the idea is unpopular with some, but the thought of having to listen to people whining and complaining about this for months is worse than anything a nuke could do 2 miles under the ocean.

Why they probably won't use a nuke

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The extinction threat will be from H2S Hydrogen Sulfide going up (the bugs that eat oil) and from oxygen going down... the oxygen generating algae that die in the darkness of the oil

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This is really a scary thought process we have going on here but I fail to see any reason to discredit it. I know earlier in the thread there were a lot of posts about the geology standpoint and all that. It made me remember a super deep hole that Russia drilled way back in the seventies. I think they went 40000 feet and gave up. Now the bore hole is used for scientific research and what not. Here is the link

Kola Superdeep Borehole

The Kola Superdeep Borehole (Russian: Кольская сверхглубокая скважина) is the result of a scientific drilling project of the former USSR. The project attempted to drill as deep as possible into the Earth's crust. Drilling began on 24 May 1970 on the Kola Peninsula, using the Uralmash-4E, and later the Uralmash-15000 series drilling rig. A number of boreholes were drilled by branching from a central hole. The deepest, SG-3, reached 12,262 metres (40,230 ft) in 1989, and is the deepest hole ever drilled, and the deepest artificial point on the earth.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
From all the information I have seen there is only one thing that is going to seal that well and that is a small nuclear device.

There are at this point basically two options. Do nothing and watch the seas and maybe all of us die or Nuke the thing shut. I do hope Zero is going to announce the Nuclear option on Tuesday night.

link   
reply to post by carewemust

or he could be announcing marshall law and telling us the true extent of the disaster

link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Quick Thought..

We can't really know what is happening
as it seems that TPTB are not forthcoming.

But, it does seem this incident may be more akin
to a nurse sticking a very small syringe needle
into a main artery
and letting the patient bleed out.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
kinda curious...

how hard would it to convert spent uranium fuel rods (AKA Nuclear Waste) into inert Lead?

Obviously it would mean an accelerated half life proceedural process, but can it be done?

If so, why then don't we convert ALL of the world's spent reactor fuel rods into lead and basically coat the entire regional leakage area in an encasing of lead? heavier than water, impervious, and most likely an agent to defeat the supernatural pressures this oil is spewing at, it would suffice to say - it would kill two birds with one stone!

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sjag9

Thank you for this. I have to admit that I went through the first three pages of this thread on the verge of a panic attack. There is obviously something major going on and things will never be the same but "throwing the earth off it's axis" is a bit much to wrestle with right now.

OP ... star and flag because I agree 100% that this needs to be investigated thoroughly and we are all responsible for doing so and that is what I intend to do.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolftotem
I understand that we are still in the very early stages of this disaster, but it would be helpful to know what the worst case sceneros really are. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer.

I posted this in another thread and I believe this to be the case.

Next month the relocation's will begin to get people away from the toxic dispersant s that were used. Whole towns will have to be abandoned and patrolled by LEOs and guardsmen in hasmat suits. The smell will be unbearable with the enormous death of birds and sea life that will be washed up.

A new Governmental agency will be established much like the Dept. of Homeland security. The thinktanks have been told to drop everything to devote full time to this problem; social, scientific, economic and political.

It's going to get much worse before the problems can even begin to be addressed.

I really don't blame those that want to minimize the problem. If I lived in the region and had emotional and financial attachments; I'm sure I would do the same thing. I also would be making preparations to leave.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join