It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Leak + Evidence = Unfathomable Disaster ! Government Not Talking to Avoid MASS PANIC! The Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
good thread pax and thanks darkelf, hopefully they will fix the leak a little faster.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Hey Pax,

I have nothing to add at this time, I just want to give you a
for a well put together & thought out thread. You have brought alot of things to light on this. As you said, we all hope this is wrong but you brought this to ATS for all to get involved in to try to figure out.

I hope your relatives down there have just enough of a conspirators mind to prepare for whatever may come. I have a feeling that you may have passed along some wisdom to them

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I found a little tid-bit...on this link; en.wikipedia.org...

Obstacles and conflicts

For a summary of the pre-2003 battle of control between TNK and BP, see: Alfa Group.

After TNK and BP merged their Russian oil and gas businesses in 2003, within a relatively short time there was new legal strife between BP and the Alfa Group over TNK-BP.[3] Prior to the partial TNK acquisition by BP, TNK had aggressively seized several assets from another BP joint venture, wrote The Economist in May 2007, speculating that greater pressure might be applied by government-owned entities, such as the Gazprom Neft.[4] The legal battle was ignited after a clause against trade in the TNK-BP share expired in 2008. Western BP executives have been denied visa to Russia, employees have been accused of espionage in March 2008, and there is total disagreement between BP and Alfa over the executive management of TNK-BP, including suspicion that the Alfa Group seeks to weaken BP's powers through a strategic alliance with Gazprom.[5][6] Furter, Alfa Group has accused TNK-BP CEO Robert Dudley of having violated Russian laws.[7]

On 12 June 2008, in Stockholm, Peter Sutherland, the BP chairman, lamented Russia's prime minister Vladimir Putin's lack of action to prevent the AAR group of Russian shareholders, who he viewed as oligarchs, from using strong-arm tactics to try to take control of TNK-BP, saying: "This is just a return to the corporate raiding activities that were prevalent in Russia in the 1990s. Prime minister Putin has referred to these tactics as relics of the 1990s, but unfortunately our partners continue to use them."[8][9]

On 6 July 2008, The Sunday Times reported[10] that BP was suing its Russian partners - Mikhail Fridman, Viktor Vekselberg, Leonard Blavatnik (who is, in fact, a US passport holder) and German Khan - in the High Court in London over a $360 million (£180 million) tax claim lodged on 30 June; the latter alleged that BP was owed the sum under the terms of an agreement that had been struck at the creation of the TNK-BP joint venture in 2003. The four billionaires were reported to be planning to fight the claim with the spokesman for their holding company, AAR, describing the figure quoted in the writ as "inflated".[10]

On 4 September 2008, the parties to the corporate conflict signed a five-page memorandum of understanding, which Tony Hayward, BP's chief executive, described as "a very sensible and pragmatic way of looking forward".[11] BP managed to retain the 50-50% split.[11]

TNK-BP is of enormous importance to BP, representing 24% of production and 19% of total reserves in 2007. In 2008, TNK-BP chief executive in Russia, Robert Dudley, was expelled from the country, as part of the power-broking between the two owners.[12] BP in vain proposed previous Russian diplomat Pavel Skitovits as new CEO of TNK-BP, but in May 2009 Alfa Group achieved to have their own President Mikhail Fridman installed as CEO of the company. Analyst Lev Snykov of VTB Group in Moscow commented this to be a new shift in power to the benefit of Alfa Group, preparing their full take-over of TNK-BP.[13]

In 2009 TNK-BP sold the company's oil field services division to Weatherford International for US $450–490 million in stock.

Russia?

www.telegraph.co.uk... l

This looks inviting, I think.

en.wikipedia.org...

Connection to terrorism?

[edit on (6/13/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Why we probably won't use a nuke

Also, we don't know how stable the seabed is. We don't know if it would cause more harm than good. We don't know if an explosion would affect the faults, and I don't think that a tsunami is a joking matter.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Crum.

I think my previous post in this thread might belong elsewhere. I had too many tabs open, and closed the wrong ones. Sorry if I'm off topic.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

YOUR RIGHT, BUT they still could use the nuke, which i think is a bad idea. In this situation i don't know what i would do. The fact of the matter is they are still pushing people out of the area and in the air. They i believe are still hiding something. They need to be exsposed. REASONS, for such a wide area of lockdown is of major interest of WHY.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
About the nuke, here are some facts:

1. Chernobyl nuclear disaster causing extreme levels of radiation did not damage the wild life and the lush forest quickly took over the whole city. In fact, some animals (eg wolves) already find it as a safe heaven against poachers. Therefore the "evil radiation bla bla" argument is moot here.

2. You and Russians did so, so, many of those nuclear tests causing MAJOR damage, deaths, diseases and whatnot. In the name of killing. Now, in the name of PREVENTING death scientists are all of a sudden SCARED to use nuclear weapons? Yeah.... sure. Nuclear fallout? What about the fallout of so many tests on sea as well as on land, in the name of war?

3. Aside from relief wells that may or may not work, which also STILL depend on BP, there is no other option any more than to nuke it. So, even with the risk, the consequences of not doing it may outweigh consequences of a nuking it. I just don't know yet why is that Costner's magic machine not mentioned anywhere....

So the only real argument against the nuke is the fact that you don't really know what's going to happen. The radiation and fallout are predictable factors we're ALL already too much familiar with. When Chernobyl clouds swept over Europe we were evacuated and the radiation was dispersed to minimal amount and absorbed by land.
I love our planet and all the animals, and would not want to see that gulf, a safe-heaven for many animals go 99% DEAD because of black goo and poisonous gasses...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Thank you Pax for taking the time to research the oil situation.

After reading all the responses to this thread I still haven't heard what we could possibly expect to happen.

Who will be affected? What areas would be in the path of destruction?

Where could we, down on the south Atlantic coast, travel to and be safe?

When should we leave to find safety?

I find it easier to fight an enemy if I know as much as possible about it.

The way I see it is we probably are going to have more serious problems than we can imagine. It will be better for people to know all the 'what ifs' so we can do what is necessary to survive.

S & F

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

you will know when they decide to use a nuke, because they will start EVACUATIONS, lead by the military.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

Hi 5!! I was gonna send you a message and ask you to look at this thread. So glad you found it! You were the one that brought ALL to my attention, I just started to put the pieces together!!

I pray I am wrong!

Thanks again,

Pax

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

AH, this will be done well beneath the surface.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

I know, but they say the land is of very low density and weak so the explosion may breach the surface or the oil layer itself.

I've seen the "Russian video" when it first appeared on ATS and it seems plausible to me as an average nobody.

[edit on 13/6/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

The truth is if this well blows at 30,000 ft' below sea level, it will collapse the sea floor in the Gulf Basin. Then it will raise the the ocean floor about 6'!

What goes up must come down. depending on how fast the fall occurs will determine the height and number of the tsunamis! I have heard that people 300 miles inland need to evacuate.

I don't know all the cataclysmic possibilities! But I do know the tsunami that took place in Thailand and produced a 20 ft' wave, knocked the Earth off it's axis just slightly! Can you imagine a volcano blowing at that depth?

Completely frighening!www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This whole situation is just f#, i mean, who in there right mind would put a oil rig here. OH, I'M SORRY, BP WOULD. OH, the pressure bp ,could make so much money and the oil would just gush out. bp to make mega buck. HEY BP, shove a few more golf balls down there maybe that will plug the leak. I'M sure the CEO of BP has plenty of that equipment laying around.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Nope your wrong. I seen a BP worker from the Deep Water Horizon on the National Geographic channel talk about how the Deep Water Horizon had just drilled the deepest offshore well ever in record time just prior to this one. That one did not blow so all is OK for now. Stop creating a panic, your not helping matters.

channel.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Nope your wrong. I seen a BP worker from the Deep Water Horizon on the National Geographic channel talk about how the Deep Water Horizon had just drilled the deepest offshore well ever in record time just prior to this one. That one did not blow so all is OK for now. Stop creating a panic, your not helping matters.

Hello Sky, I appreciate your post. According to your link, I cannot find any information that verifies this. Could you please provide a link?

Thanks,

Pax

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

No reason to panic? Did you watch all of the video you referenced?

Blessings to all coastal dwellers. My prayers are with you!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
S#%* is getting real.

I really have nothing more to add other than my support for the gathering and sharing of knowledge and the intelligent debating of this catastrophe.

S&F

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
the next best thing to research is sea creatures beaching close to the black out area . That is ,of course, if they didnt already put nets in the ocean to avoid washing ashore.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Interview with Mike Williams, oil rig survivor.

Mike Williams was the chief electronics technician onboard the "Deepwater Horizon" drilling rig during the catastrophic blowout on the night of April 20. Deepwater Horizon was a technical marvel and Williams was responsible for all of the rig's computers and electronic systems. He was proud of his position. Just seven months before, he had been part of the crew that drilled the deepest well in history, down to 35,000 feet.

Source and video

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join