It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Leak + Evidence = Unfathomable Disaster ! Government Not Talking to Avoid MASS PANIC! The Earth

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
One thing that is weird about the Gulf of Mexico is its unusually circular shape
Like a huge impact crater 2500 kilometers in diameter, bigger than anything discovered on any planet.
Its probably the cause of the Permian Triassic extinction
What i am saying is could it still be an area of crustal weakness and thus under that oil theres only a thin layer of rock and below that the molten mantle.

If enough oil is removed then the roof of the reserve could collapse and cause the thin layer of rock between it and the mantle to destabilize and create a new volcano

If this is true then the only chance of stopping this is the relief wells.
but that could be in mid August
and then it will take months to stop it completely.

Not to mention a hurricane could delay that even more.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lookingup

NOT bunk....
Ninth sign of hopi prophrcy...
you will hear of the sea turning black and the creatures dying because of it...
the tenth sign has passed also
The blue star(Mir, russian satelite crash)
we await the comming of Pahana,(returning from the stars) who will come with the missing piece of the sacred stone held by the Hopi elders
he will bring in a new era, the fifth world....

[edit on 14-6-2010 by stirling]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

That area of the Gulf of Mexico is geologically passive. The only active area's are the extreme southern end. Drilling into a Batholith, which is a very stable structure would not give any cause for concern, nor would it result in a volcano. You have so misunderstood what you are reading about, you need to do far more homework before you post a fear mongering thread like this.

You should start by learning the basics about the Crust and the Mantle. I know there have been some attempts to reach the zone between the Crust and Mantle and perhaps that is where you getting your idea's from? Those are attempted in locations where the Crust is particularly thin.

In looking at a map of the thickness of the Crust in the area they were drilling, you are talking about a thickness of about 25 to 30 km. The chances of encountering liquid magma in a geologically stable area where the crust is that thick is ZERO.

Since this is such basic Geology, please forgive if it has already been pointed out. I try to skim threads this large, but sometimes I miss a post here and there.

Personally, I think the fear mongering about this is as out of control. Yes this is horrible and epic in proportions. No this is not an end of the world scenario. Worst case is the pool drains extending the damage.

Probably the most interesting information I've found in regards to this, is how badly the media is hyping this up. For instance did you know that oil spills dissipate to 1 part per million in 70 days and by that time all the toxins are gone? Naturally occurring microbes take care of the rest and the residue is non-toxic. There never was any chance of this oil worming its way around to the East Coast without dissipating to the point of manageability. The worst the East Coast will see are tiny tar balls clinging to grains of sand, so scattered you would have to search to even find one.

Another oddity of this all is the hype about the dispersant being used. The company only manufactures one type and it is made up of things you use around your home safely. Yes its a bad thing but nothing like what it is hyped up to be by these myths that are flying around. Even the media has backed of that one and causing needless panic is their stock and trade.

If and that is a big if, the flow can not be stopped, the hype gets even worse. Even if it is a larger pool than expected it could not possibly become a global catastrophe.

The Earths oceans contain 330 million cubic miles (1,400 millon cubic kilometers) of water. An amount so large its hard for us visualize just how much it really is. Since the oil is reduced to a non-toxic state within less than three months and the remainder is non-toxic and consumed by microbes, to even suggest a global catastrophe is verging on insanity.

The image below shows the thickness of the crust in kilometers.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/18040afd3725.jpg[/atsimg]

A map showing volcanism in the area is below -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c08e48bd65a.jpg[/atsimg]

Both of the above are from USGS. The area where this well is, is one of the least likely places to expect to see volcanism on the planet.

A Batholith is best described as a solid mass of granite by the way and how you got the idea you did is quite odd.

Another odd thing being discussed is the potential collapse of the oceans floor. I think part of what going on is people envisioning the oil reservoir as being a liquid filled hollow or cavern. Oil is obtained from oil trapped in the pores of permeable rock where it is underlain with an impermeable layer creating a trap for a pool to form. The weight of the material above it squeezes it like a sponge. Rather than a massive displacement of the ocean floor resulting in tsunami's and such, we are talking about a gradual settling of the floor.

You simply can not get facts or learn by doing random searches and reading about things you don't understand and then tying them together in some bizarre theory. You need to spend significant time learning and understanding what you are reading about.

[edit on 6/14/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nogard2012

If enough oil is removed then the roof of the reserve could collapse and cause the thin layer of rock between it and the mantle to destabilize and create a new volcano

Total nonsense. What roof? The oil is contained in the pores of solid rock. Geology 101
That thin layer of rock is many miles thick by the way and that area is geologically stable.

What you are saying is what I thought people were thinking. There is simply to much totally wrong or fabricated information going around.

This is the problem with all these threads full of bad information and not going to good sources to learn the facts. Blogs and layman's wild theories are the worst place to get facts about a subject like this.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

Well it's a damn pity you didn't translate Dooms Day with your decoder long before this happened. You know what I mean? All of this time you could have predicted it and now we're in this mess and you had the key the whole time.

You should translate Armageddon, End Times, December 21st, 2012, etc. so we can all find out what the true meanings are.

Enlighten us.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

Well it's a damn pity you didn't translate Dooms Day with your decoder long before this happened. You know what I mean? All of this time you could have predicted it and now we're in this mess and you had the key the whole time.

You should translate Armageddon, End Times, December 21st, 2012, etc. so we can all find out what the true meanings are.

Enlighten us.

It is a damn pity you didn't go to my websites and learn something -- I've spent the best part of 25 years learning and providing thousands of translation examples.

I think I was right, you can't learn -- wait until you are told what to believe by others who have done the hard work of learning. Take the easy way out, use your mouth, not your mind.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lookingup
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Under the video description on YouTube it says this is an ancient prophecy. It must have been some prophecy since the Hopi are from Arizona and I'm pretty sure didn't know what the sea was in ancient times. I call bunk on this one.

uhm no the hopi's have been around for 10,000 years or so. I am going by the tablet that has been carbon dated by scientists. These prophecies have been around longer than the revelations and any other prophecy. They are 100% correct.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

LOL sorry bub you got it all wrong.

7th sign is the Oil SPill
8th sign the youth learn the ways of the hopi.
9th sign is the dueling in the heavens fall

Blue Star Kachina is the Comet Holmes.

The red star Kachina is next.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
DANGER!!!!!

The information in the linked article is of the sort that could cause one to be overwhelmed by fear. I do not want to cause that and I feel like I need to apologize for even posting this, but it needs to be looked at in view of the Gulf Oil Spill: As you read, the scope of this thing will slowly hit you. The water shortage also makes a person wonder. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS???

www.america-in-prophecy.org...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EnkiCarbone

The only logical assumption I can make from this statement is that you are on crack.

No, not really, fresh out this week. LOL! Stupid, was the best you could come up with? Wow! deep thinker you are.

I see you are new to ATS, so let me make a suggestion to you. Why don't you get off the threads and review the T&C. That's terms and conditions, if I spoke over your head. Then you should seek a member in good standing, one that has been here a few years, is diverse and knows how to conduct themselves on a public forum to show you the ropes.

Most people here are pretty intelligent and know how to have a debate, even when they vehemently disagree with the OP. We attack the post not the poster. So without further delay, I will educate you on how that is done.

Coast Guard units from virtually every state have been deployed to help with the boom efforts in coastal regions, and coordinate efforts locally and with contracted workers for cleanup operations.
You uh... don't live in the area, do you?

No, I did however spend my summers there for over 25 years. I have family there now and sorry, I tend to trust them instead of you.

Where are these people? Perhaps you should contact Billy Nungesse, President of Plaquemines Parish and tell him about all the help and the over whelming response to the clean up.

Here he is talking about that very same thing.

www.thetowntalk.com...#/News/Raw+video%3A++La.+leader+rips+BP%2C+Coast+Guard/52325378001/52251 682001/88657990001

How dare you insult the integrity of the people that are working their asses off to do get this horrible situation resolved. Who the hell do you think you are?

Your right, I owe an apology to the men and women who are working hard to do whatever they can.

I'll tell you who I am. I am someone who has the ability to process a huge amount of information, conduct research, use deductive reasoning and not swallow hook, line and sinker, everything the Govt. and the media is shoving down my throat! I ask questions and I question answers. I can think outside the box.

I am also capable of admitting when I am wrong, apologizing and seeing something from anothers point of view. I know how to agree to disagree.

I feel passionate about my opinions, and it shows in most of my posts. There is only one thing I am not willing to compromise and that is my spiritual beliefs.

I have the utmost respect for the men and women in the Military, I feel they are in a class by themselves. Anyone who is willing to lay down their life for another is pretty good in my book.

That is who the hell I am, now who are you?

If you would take a deep breath and read the OP you would understand it was theory not an absolute.

As far as the Red tape goes and me not understanding politics. I know that the Federal Governments response was ridiculously slow, so slow that a judge in Jefferson Parish sought an injunction for Eminent domain, and won.
They said "screw you, we got it"!

What do you know about the people of Louisiana? The people there are very resilient, hard working, they take care of their own. That is what they will be forced to do here, and I am a strong believer that the unique culture that makes the state one of a kind, will survive, despite Barry the "Village idiot " and his "Looney Tunes".

Now your lesson is over, hopefully you will learn something.

Sincerely,
Pax

[edit on 14-6-2010 by paxnatus]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

What a surprise, once again a post that is LOGICAL, based on FACTS, not filled with wild fantasies and insane theories...

is...

Ignored by everyone.

I really think you guys just want something terrible to happen cause you're all too bored behind the computers. Why is it so hard for people to accept that the world is not as evil and terrible as some lunatics try to make it out to be?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

I don't know which is worse on a forum, Arrogance or Ignorance. Ignorance is my choice.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I'm trying to see all sides of the thinking going on here and I think more people should be able to consider what you have written there so I urge you to start a thread about it as I think there needs to be a counterbalance of thinking for discussion. It is very easy to get swamped in the global-catastrophe-end-of-the-world- thought with all the dire information coming forth so PLEASE start a thread as it will be most interesting to see how people respond .

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Thanks for injecting a bit of reason into this thread, Blaine.

What this thread really highlights is the need for people to acquire an understanding of elementary geological knowledge.

The only difference between this oil well and any other oil well is that the oil is flowing into the environment rather than into oil tankers. This poses an immediate danger to the plants and animals in the areas affected by the leaked oil, which is heartbreaking and tragic, but not the end of the world.

Thirty years ago the blowout at the Ixtoc well caused oil to gush uncontrollably into the Gulf of Mexico for nine or ten months, but the long term damage was such that most people had forgotten about it.

For an interesting and even fascinating layman’s guide to geology I would recommend Arthur Holmes’ ‘Priciples of Physical Geology’.
It’s an oldie but a goodie.

Edit: Thirty not Forty

[edit on 14-6-2010 by aethron]

[edit on 14-6-2010 by aethron]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Why aren't they putting more pipes down to get more of the spill oil into tankers and out of the ocean. They must be able to get more than they are currently. I'm not an expert, im just wondering why they aren't doing this considering its going to take another 3 months before relief wells are drilled. In addition, why aren't more oil companies offering to help put relief wells in place? Maybe they don't want the liability. Sell short on BP.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well that certainly isn't good, pretty scary to tell you the truth.

BP were pumping chemical dispersants into the oil that came saudi arabia. (Saudi Aramco, the national oil company, sent a large batch of the chemicals to the Gulf shortly after the accident.)

Now:

BP says that 4,500 tonnes of dispersants have been used so far, about 80 tonnes a day. Virtually all of these chemicals are now being produced in Texas by a company called Nalco, reducing the need for imports.

Dispersant (Corexit - 9527A)

According to the Alaska Community Action on Toxics, the use of Corexit during the Exxon Valdez oil spill caused "respiratory, nervous system, liver, kidney and blood disorders" in people.

The UK's Marine Management Organisation has banned its use in the North Sea.

Reportedly Corexit is toxic to marine life and helps keep spilled oil submerged. The quantities used in the Gulf will create 'unprecedented underwater damage to organisms. 9527A is also hazardous for humans: 'May cause injury to red blood cells (hemolysis), kidney or the liver'.

What?!

Edit* sources - Google + www.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 14-6-2010 by ainsley]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Hey Dude, do you have anything worth value to add? You have got to be one of the most narcissistic people I have ever encountered here, based on your posts alone.

You are rambling some garbage about translating alien language, and directing people to your website. Not once have you stayed on topic and brought any information to this thread.

So I ask you respectfully, please find somewhere else to assert your ego, and your "genius" I.Q.! or perhaps hop back on that spaceship and return to the legend in your own mind!

Ciao!

[edit on 14-6-2010 by paxnatus]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

It sounds like your a geologist?? I am sure all here apreciate your background of info into this thread, BUT, Being an Ex-Bit Hand (I will let you google it) I can't count how many times the geologist were wrong who were employed by the oil companies when we mapped out a well site for drilling.

You never know (actually) what is below the surface until you drill. When creating a drilling plan you pull all records of other wells drilled in the area as a guide and even then you find those formations that give you hell. All these well plans I created were just 8,500 to 14,000 ft in Louisiana and on land where you had plenty of off set wells to look at. Many just a 1/4 mile away.

Now consider drilling 30,000 + ft with ZERO drilling comparisons to go by with the sea floor being 5000 ft. Sure I know the equipment available today to assist geologist is a lot better than it was in the early 90's when I worked on rigs, but you still have to drill the well and problems continue to haunt rigs.

With all that said the OP gave a worse case scenario of what the rig possibly drilled into. Could it happen YES, Did it happen, I DONT KNOW. But calling the OP fearmongering just because geological data does not support the theory brings nothing to the table. If we knew exactly all formations then there would not be a need for geologist........And my experiences with them have had there moments.........

The OP being right or wrong really does not matter is my assumption. Once the 450 ton BOP collapses do to the cracked casing that is eroding the formation below.......Lets just call it game over......

As far as informing everyone here just how the ocean breaks up the oil........Just take a look at this video that has not made the MSM in the US.

video.au.msn.com...

Thanks for your info though and we all hope your right on that front.....

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Reports of plutons leaking out of the plume, along with other poisonous gasses

A pluton is a large mass of igneous rock cooled from magma and usually of the order of several kilometres across if my college days serve me right. There is no way a pluton can 'leak' out of the plume unless the plume is several kilometres wide and so hot that it can contain and leak magma, which of course at that point would not be a pluton but magma. A pluton/batholith is cooled.

I believe BP was drilling a super well for oil!! As a result of their greed they actually tapped into a batholith. Here is info on what that means.

A batholith is a type of pluton and is a 'massive' igneous structure as much as several thousands of square kilometres. They could 'tap' into it as much as they want and it would do no harm.

Their greed? Can you explain that please? I thought they were drilling for oil in deep water because the likes of us like to use it and because the US government stopped drilling in shallower waters thus forcing everyone out into the deep. The US government also licensed this drilling.

keep in mind the scenario I am talking about means this is 30,000 feet under the sea floor.

The reservoir is at 18,000 ft from the sea floor I believe.

The Iceland Deep Drilling Project is a totally different ball game. Iceland sits on a magma plume bigger than Yellowstone and for example Katla has magma chambers only 1.5km deep which is above sea level. Drilling in Iceland has no comparison to drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.

The deepest (Russian) hole was about 12km or getting on for 40,000 ft. At this level the drill bits start to melt, but the Gulf well is only 18,000ft.

The geology I understand. Dropping a nuke on it I do not!

Spot on my friend.

[edit on 14/6/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Good one!

No doubt in my mind the Gov't isn't telling us everything. Matter of fact much of anything.

They seem only to respond and/or confirm things after it has been leaked out or reported.

S&F

keep an eye on them (and your chit and get equipment close by if you live doen there!)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join