It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coconut water....'Natures Gatorade'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
guys, coconut water....well the whole coconut is epic!
i cook with it's oils, as opposed to regular cooking oils, drink the milk in place of water(tastes better, just as beneficial), use it topically and recommend it to family/friends.

ill keep a few extra ones around in case i need a xfusion.....lol!

if people dont know of coconut water you should really look into it.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
All I can say is I'll stick to Gatorade because coconuts are absolutely disgusting. Taste and smell. The coconut lotions or hand soaps make me throw up a little in my mouth.

That just means more for the rest of you!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Coconut milk is derived from the pulp of the coconut and not from it's water. The water is just awesome and even though I like the fruit as whole.

It's good when you get to drink it directly from the coconut and afterwards crack it open to eat the pulp.

I drink it pretty often. When I can from the fruit directly otherwise I buy just the coconut water bottled which isn't exactly the same experience but it's good nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Climb?

Meh heh heh heh!

Long stick = coconuts!

Or a really powerful dude to shake the tree to death

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

It sounds like you never drank coconut water nor has ever seen a real natural coconut. I'm not talking artificial crap with a engineered pseudo-coconut fragrance. Coconut water doesn't smell and certainly doesn't tastes like coconut soap or coconut extract.

Not that I don't like Gatorade but saying that Gatorade tastes good is a bit over the top. That thing not only tastes like cheap artificial juice but it is indeed artificial from top to bottom.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

Make sure to put a helmet on the "really strong dude" though, because depending on the height of the coconut tree and the size of the coconut he would literally shake the tree to his death.

And trust there have been cases of people dying at tropical beaches by being struck by a coconut.

Just looked around and the estimative is that approx. 150 people die each year worldwide by coconuts falling at their heads.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

"Brown hairy ones" aren't good for coconut water. Those are the ones usually used to derive the coconut milk. The green ones are the ones that gives us good coconut water.

Search for this at groceries but stick with the plain coconut water without any flavoring. But if you manage to find the fruit even better.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

This is a very useful post!

Had no idea it was a diuretic and could help with Uti's etc, always had issues around my kidneys.

Plus this made me laugh -.
"The box version is so-so and the canned version sucks ass"

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Wow never knew an y of that about the coconut... weve got tons of them down here in the Keys maybe Ill have to give it a try.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

Very cool!

I used to have a fresh green coconut daily when I lived in Rio - Best 4 years of my life!

But....

"It's good for the skin, reduces blemishes and prevents chapped/dry skin. It helps heal burns, relieves rashes such as heat, chicken pox and measles. Relieves insect bites, stings, hives, exczema and dandruff. "

How would that be applied? Oral or by some form of moisturizing?

Also, with regards to reducing your carbon footprint.. The reality is that you still need to factor in the carbon cost of having it imported
- Unless you live at the source!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Double post

Ive contacted a mod

[edit on 14/6/2010 by Kliskey]

link   
triple Post

link   
quad post

link   

link   
I really am sorry - My internet must have gone through a worm hole or something

link   
Oh gawd.... Epic fail. Multipost

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
uhm....am I the only one that uses a drill with small drill bit, to drill holes into the coconut to drain the water

Safer then' the knife or hammer way

I'm tempted to use an electric saw to open up the coconut, anyone have easy way to crack-open the coconut' ?????

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

It's pretty good, hope u like it and it helps. Of course U still gotta follow ur Drs orders until He says different. It cant hurt, if nothing else it's good for u!! It boosts circulation and also lowers BP. I believe Our Creator provides Us everything we'll ever need to stay healthy and cure ailments, even if some are undiscovered and impossible to get ahold of.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kliskey

Just apply the water topically. Wet a cloth and lay it over the affected area or just use a cotton ball and dab it on. It works really well on eczema.
Yeah, they do have to travel but they're also available in FL. Things are going to be shipped regardless, bananas, sugar, so they can just hitch a ride...lol. I'd rather that than a tin can or plastic/glass jug.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by svenglezz
uhm....am I the only one that uses a drill with small drill bit, to drill holes into the coconut to drain the water

Safer then' the knife or hammer way

I'm tempted to use an electric saw to open up the coconut, anyone have easy way to crack-open the coconut' ?????

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

I use a machete to open them up. usually takes about 2-3 whacks to split. But for pete's sake be careful. Coconut water will not regrow lost limbs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join