It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona is now taking it to far

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am all for the bill that they passed. It is their state and the people of Arizona should be able to pass a bill that says it is allowed to deport illegal immigrants, especially since Phoenix has the 2nd highest kidnapping rate IN THE WORLD. But now, they are wanting to skirt the constitution completely.

news.yahoo.com...

The above bill will not allow the so called "anchor babies" to be given birth certs, which is a direct violation of the constitution. Again, the hypocracy of the 2 party system is at its best. They say they are all for the constitution, except when they try and skirt it. It is really time to get these types of people out of here and start with good honest people in the government. I dont like the "anchor baby" tactic as much as most others, but, they are still LEGAL citizens of the United States and should be treated with all the rights of such. To skirt around this tactic by not even acknowleding the birth or rights of a rightfully born citizen, to me, is just like treason.

I have called out the Obamanites before for the hypocracy and have seen a bunch of republicants jump on the bandwagon. Now, Im calling out the republicants. I am really wanting to see who would really like to speak up for this guy and say they are for the constitution at the same time.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

dizzie56, Relax OK.
We all know that the 14th amendment would have to be repealed.

I do believe that we need to be looking at changing this law, Legally of-course.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Make the parents leave. They will take the baby with them. Then they can go though the process of becoming a legal citizen. Or they can go through the process to make their child a Mexican citizen...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If the Government can ignore the Constitution that allowed the parents to get over here in the first place, Arizona and all other states should be able to leave the citizenship clause out as they make their laws on immigration that they are trying to enforce.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The Arizona law would only violate the 14th admendment if the following bill doesn't pass.

abcnews.go.com...

According to the "Birthright Citizenship Act" bill, which has 91 cosponsors, the proposed changes would affect the Fourteenth Amendment and only grant citizenship "if the person is born in the United States of parents, one of whom is:"

- a citizen or national of the United States; - an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States whose residence is in the United States; or - an alien performing active service in the armed forces (as defined in section 101 of title 10, United States Code)."

Thread on the illegal babies in AZ

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Sanity Lost]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
OH it's inhumane, let them all in. let the U.S systems fail due to overpopulation and everything that goes with it. JUST KEEP POURING WATER IN THE FULL GLASS. lets have more oil spill into the oceans, who cares. RIGHT. If there is not enough jobs for the peoples comming in then where are they supposed to work to support their families? THEY DON'T. THEY RESORT TO THEFT, DRUGS,PROSTITUTION, to make money to feed their families and in the end we end up like them. A second world country in the DUMP. SORRY , we are full and taking no more applicants.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It just doesn’t make much since if you send the illegal’s packing only to let them back in because they had a kid on our soil? They have to sent home too…….
They came here under illegal and false pretenses and just because they found a loop hole in the law by reproducing doesn’t make it right.
Sorry, they all need to leave because the future of the country might depend on it. They can come in the front door all day but not this way.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The baby can be considered a citizen but until it is able to care for itself or legal guardians in the U.S. can be found it has to be with its parents. If the parents are not in the U.S. because they are not legal, oh well, too bad so sad for the baby. It can wait to join the rest of us legal citizens when it turns 18 or can join family members that are legally within the U.S.

This is fair for everyone involved.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
The baby can be considered a citizen but until it is able to care for itself or legal guardians in the U.S. can be found it has to be with its parents. If the parents are not in the U.S. because they are not legal, oh well, too bad so sad for the baby. It can wait to join the rest of us legal citizens when it turns 18 or can join family members that are legally within the U.S.

I like you way of putting things.

That makes perfect sense, and we shouldn't support that family with welfare benefits until that child can apply. That I think is also a good idea.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wyvern1111
If the Government can ignore the Constitution that allowed the parents to get over here in the first place, Arizona and all other states should be able to leave the citizenship clause out as they make their laws on immigration that they are trying to enforce.

so now we are allowed to pick and choose which admendments we want to enforce? I agree, the Arizona situation is crappy. I completely agree with them being able to deport illegal citizens, especially if they are caught doing something illegal, even if it is just a traffic violation. But what this senator is suggesting is a DANGEROUS slippery slope situation. If people dont recognize that, well, they are ignorant to say the least. If Arizona secedes from the union, well, so be it. They can make whatever rules they want to, but as part of the union, they must follow the basic rules of the constitution like the rest of us.

Yes, the parents came here illegally, but by the law of the land they are natural born citizens. Plain and simple. You cant just decide to kick them out cause you dont like them. What happens when someone that doesnt like you or what you stand for comes into power later on? Can they kick you out to?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering

That is actually not a bad idea. But, with the new law that we are talking about, those children would not be even given citizenship whatsoever if they are born in Arizona. No birth cert, no proof. What then? Also, im just wondering and may be mistaken, isnt there a maximum time you can spend outside of the country if you are a citizen? I swear I remember hearing something like 10 years or so max without stepping on us soil. If that is true, how would they be able to work around it?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Nobody is saying the baby is NOT a legal citizen. It is welcomed here, just not the parents, they are illegal, if the baby was of legal age or could live with other legal citizens it is more than welcomed to stay here.

His rights are not being violated.

But if he stays here with the illegal parents, OUR RIGHTS ARE BEING VIOLATED.
[edit on 13-6-2010 by Just Wondering]
Just saw another post,
I didn't know the babies were not going to get citizenship...THAT is not right.

And on the amount of time being away from the U.S. I don't think there is a limit. But I will have to check on that.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
If there is not enough jobs for the peoples comming in then where are they supposed to work to support their families? THEY DON'T. THEY RESORT TO THEFT, DRUGS,PROSTITUTION, to make money to feed their families and in the end we end up like them.

Don't forget to mention the need for more police to "deal" with these crimes. Perhaps Obama will set up a private force made up of illegals to deal with this.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

dizzie56, That 10 year rule your thinking of applies to taxes owed the U. S. of America while you are working in another country. You must file and give Uncle Sam his fair share

"I agree, the Arizona situation is crappy. I completely agree with them being able to deport illegal citizens, especially if they are caught doing something illegal, even if it is just a traffic violation."End Quote

Correct, the key word is Illegal. The child is not an adult until the age of 18. At the age of 18, contact the American Consulate in the country your presiding in and apply for military service and passport to return to your place of birth, Only after a back ground check.
Just my thoughts.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

man i cant believe how ignorant you guys are... we cant just kick out one of our citizens because his/her parents are here illegally...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This video will explain it to you in simplified terms. Please watch.

video.google.com...#

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have worked closely with a man from south america for the last six months. I have met his family and friends. Every one of them is blindly sympathetic tword the illegals invading the United States. I got into a few heated debates but nothing violent. They refuse to admit those crossing the border are commiting a federal crime.
I think the AZ bill is just the tip of the iceburg. And I hope all the children of illegals are deemed illegal too, and that the hospitals will not be reembursed for the stolen services taken by the illegals. they should be given a free ride to the border and directions to the nearest mexican hospital or doctor.
It's about time we woke-up and take a stand against these invaders.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

That's the wrong answer. The second we start to ignore the constitution is the second we will lose everything. The people can't forget.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie56

so now we are allowed to pick and choose which admendments we want to enforce? If Arizona secedes from the union, well, so be it. They can make whatever rules they want to, but as part of the union, they must follow the basic rules of the constitution like the rest of us.

You cant just decide to kick them out cause you dont like them. What happens when someone that doesnt like you or what you stand for comes into power later on? Can they kick you out to?

Pick and choose which admendments we want to enforce? That’s funny. If its good enough for the government to do, it should be good enough for “The Union”. If the government did their job in securing the borders, the child would never have been born here to begin with. Why reward criminals? The child is a citizen of its parents origins.
Its not that I don’t like them. I don’t like them illegal.
And the part of kicking me out…If the vast majority was against me, I’m smart enough to leave on my own.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NLM MOB
reply to post by guohua

man i cant believe how ignorant you guys are... we cant just kick out one of our citizens because his/her parents are here illegally...
\

Your so new and already assorted to name calling (ignorant).
How about you being a troll.
Actually, if you had any intelligence at all, you'd know that a person is not considered an adult until their 18 years of age. Now would it make sense to deport the mom and dad and leave little Jose behind on his own because he's a citizen?
Put little Jose or Maria in a foster home, when their illegal blood relatives are alive and able to care for the little rug rats.
I think the best bet is to deport little jose or maria with their parents and when they are 18, they may apply for their passport ahead of the others after a back ground check and language comprehension test.
I mean, with the rug rats deported with mom and dad, it'll free up our schools, hospitals and legal system and jails.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join