It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbas to Obama: I'm against lifting the Gaza naval blockade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Abbas to Obama: I'm against lifting the Gaza naval blockade

www.haaretz.com

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas is opposed to lifting the naval blockade of the Gaza Strip because this would bolster Hamas, according to what he told United States President Barack Obama during their meeting at the White House Wednesday. Egypt also supports this position.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well, well, well. What have we here? Even some in the Palestinian Authority think the Gaza blockade should not be lifted. I mean if Abbas doesnt think the blockade should be lifted then what does this mean? What do the Gazan's think about this? Im sure Hamas isnt pleased by this statement either. A very interesting take and it should be noted.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-6-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I could agree with this. As long as aid is getting in there freely somehow then it should be done, this does sound reasonable. As long as it is just a naval blockade though.

[edit on 6/13/2010 by Uniceft17]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I read the clip but i'm not sure it's true and i would guarantee it does not have the backing of the Palestinian general public so if it is true then looks like the zionists have even more puppets under their control than i thought possible.

Maybe i belive the media too much when they have spent the past 60 years saying every muslim in the world want to push the jews into the sea but it looks like they want to have it both ways now.

The world is against the ilegal blocade so obama had better start listening else the USA will loose a lot of freinds and this goes to prove his own people come second to looking after the worlds zionist pay masters.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Could it be because one potential ramification of doing so is that the Hamas/Fatah hold over the Gazans would be broken, as they would not have to rely on their corrupt government for sustainability?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well, it does make it hard for the US president to listen to the rest of the world when the freaking president of the Palestinian Authority himself is against lifting the blockade. Does muddy the waters a little bit eh?

[edit on 13-6-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
See below a rebuttal of the story:

alethonews.wordpress.com...

Bethlehem – Presidential spokesman Nabil Abu Rudaineh rebuffed an Israeli media report Sunday alleging President Mahmoud Abbas called for the continuation of Gaza’s blockade during a recent meeting with his US counterpart.

“President Abbas had raised the issue of the necessity of lifting the blockade as a matter on a par with the fate of the peace process,” Abu Rudaineh told the Palestinian Authority-run WAFA news agency.

So, we in the last couple of days, we have this and the story of the Saudis saying they'll allow Israeli bombers access through their airspace for an attack on Iran, both false. Both stories have all the hallmarks of Israeli propaganda to cause problems... it's what they are good at after all!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
He can say that because he's; a) Not in Gaza. b) Not being affected by the blockade. c) Leader of a rival political group who would like to see Hamas fail.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Star and flag for this one!.. I also mentioned before Fatah is doing relative well in Westbank, and Egypt also had a blockade against Gaza[although lifted it a bit]... And what is illegal about a blockade?What is illegal? Was the Kennedy blockade of Cuba illegal? They do it because it is necessary, it is not necessary in Westbank because they dont put all effort in obtaining weapons to kill all jews...Nobody is happy with Hamas, except the usual suspects Iran, Syria etc, because they don't f-up their citizens...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
Star and flag for this one!.. I also mentioned before Fatah is doing relative well in Westbank, and Egypt also had a blockade against Gaza[although lifted it a bit]... And what is illegal about a blockade? Was the Kennedy blockade of Cuba illegal? They do it because it is necessary, it is not necessary in Westbank because they dont put all effort in obtaining weapons to kill all jews...Nobody is happy with Hamas, except the usual suspects Iran, Syria etc...

What you fail to mention, or perhaps grasp, is that Hamas were elected into power by the Gazans. After years of of Fatah doing nothing but bow to Israeli wishes, doing nothing for the Palestinians, the people voted them out, quite understandably.
The West Bank is not all roses either. The Israeli settlers, with government backing and blessing, are seizing more and more land and forcing more Palestinians out. Where is the Fatah outrage and help for those people?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

There was never a blockade of Cuba. Blockades are an act of war. I think you mean embargo.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Originally posted by Foppezao
Star and flag for this one!.. I also mentioned before Fatah is doing relative well in Westbank, and Egypt also had a blockade against Gaza[although lifted it a bit]... And what is illegal about a blockade? Was the Kennedy blockade of Cuba illegal? They do it because it is necessary, it is not necessary in Westbank because they dont put all effort in obtaining weapons to kill all jews...Nobody is happy with Hamas, except the usual suspects Iran, Syria etc...

What you fail to mention, or perhaps grasp, is that Hamas were elected into power by the Gazans. After years of of Fatah doing nothing but bow to Israeli wishes, doing nothing for the Palestinians, the people voted them out, quite understandably.
The West Bank is not all roses either. The Israeli settlers, with government backing and blessing, are seizing more and more land and forcing more Palestinians out. Where is the Fatah outrage and help for those people?

I bet they wouldn't vote for them again with the knowledge they'd bulldoze their homes..Meanwhile they use the cement to build tunnels to Egypt, how that for suppporting your own people? Fatah was closer to a peace deal and when one party loses the battle you can't expect from them to claim the same profits as the enemy..its called zero sum game..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
egypt has already broken the blockade
and there are no quotes that Abbas even said exactly what Haaretz
says he said
just a vague recounting of an opinion

HAMAS was created By Israel
as controlled oposition
as has been pointed out many times here
with references to the Jewsh Israeli Scholars who claim that.

oh well...
did you see the posts where the Israeli peace organization Gisha forced the Israeli government in court to admit that the blockade was not about defence,
but that the gaza blockade was about econnomic war on with the vary Hamas that Israel created?

here is the news:
www.mcclatchydc.com...

very informative

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Danbones]

join