It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish Inventor Ready to License Free Energy Motors and Generators for Production

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee
My point is, accelerating something is supposed to require energy. But in the case of something orbiting the Earth, there's a constant acceleration vector toward the Earth, but no energy is spent, the Earth never runs out of energy and the force of Gravity never changes.

Actually an object in a stable orbit experiences 2 accelerations, a 'natural' one (gravity) and an artificial one determined by V^2/R (centrifugal and centripetal forces). A stable orbit implies that the 2 forces are equal and opposite therefore cancelling each other out and without any outside influences like friction losses or other comparatively large enough interfering sources of gravity, the orbit will continue indefinitely. It does take energy to accelerate to the speed where the balance is achieved and in the case of planets and moons that energy has been there since their formation.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The company is legit and the people involved are also credible too .
Let's hope that Atilla has done it again .
Interesting development indeed .

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ethan_500

You don't find it suspicious that they are merely licensing instead of choosing to manufacture what would probably be the best-selling product of all time?

The last time someone tried to get me interested in a license, it was because what they had didn't really work, but by signing the license agreement I'd still be obligated to make license payments for a predetermined period of time (like a year or two).

And as you said they already have a company, so I don't see what would stop them from making it and distributing it with their own company, other than the fact that it doesn't work?

By the way, I tried to check out their website and it doesn't seem to work too well for me. It says "Best viewed with Safari and Quicktime" and I have neither and want neither, but that's the first time I ever recall seeing THAT on a website. Maybe someone with Safari and quicktime can check their site to see what the terms of the license agreement are, that's one thing I was looking for:

www.alperen.com...

Specifically I was interested to see what type of financial commitment the licensing requires (for the home generator) and if they offer the licensee any kind of "out" of the license agreement if they find out the technology doesn't work. Not that I'm interested in being the first one to license it, I just like seeing what the terms of a scam look like. Now if the first licensee starts making them and the customers start posting about how great they work, then I'd reconsider, but the chances that's gonna happen are slim to none, except for the shill posts of course.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Oh please. There is plenty of energy spread around the Universe. Nuclear weapons is one shining example. As I said before answering the same inane question,

The inane question, that you quite clearly don't know the answer to.....

you can drive to the Grand Canyon and jump off the rim. Rest assured gravity will do work on your sad body. That doesn't mean that you can extract energy from vacuum, by jumping into the Canyon multiple times, even if you were to survive the fall.

Not that I particularly enjoy talking about my own death, but thanks for bringing Gravity up too. How is it that the Earth accelerates millions and millions of objects, all day long, every day, for thousands of years, but the force of Gravity never changes?

Accelerating things requires energy, doesn't it? So where does the Earth get all that energy from?

LOOK at it this way object at rest on ground NO capacity to do work
object raised from ground level NOW has potential energy BUT you used energy to get it there!
When it falls it has kenetic energy becuase its moving YOU dont get anything for nothing.

So as you run up the stairs to the top of a building to throw yourself off
you have expelled energy to get there which will have produced heat (you get hot) some of the energy will be taken up by friction and some will be lost due to sound produced as your little feet hit the stairs.

You dont get anything for NOTHING you keep talking about magnets LOTS of energy will have be used to produce them package them and transport them you will always lose energy to friction and in other ways.

You have to LOOK at all energy used then compare to what you get.

All my life 40+ yrs I have heard this BS and its been going on long before that STILL to see one of these things do anything but spin in a lab

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
object raised from ground level NOW has potential energy BUT you used energy to get it there!
When it falls it has kenetic energy becuase its moving YOU dont get anything for nothing.

you have expelled energy to get there which will have produced heat (you get hot) some of the energy will be taken up by friction and some will be lost due to sound produced as your little feet hit the stairs.

But meteors and things that come to Earth from elsewhere in the solar system fall to Earth from the atmosphere as well, and NO energy was spent to put them up there.

And as I already pointed out, the Earth causes a constant acceleration on anything that orbits it as well. All those satellites in orbit, they are constantly accelerating towards the Earth. (Again note the difference between velocity and rate-of-change of velocity)

But the force of Gravity of the Earth never weakens and it never runs out of energy.

You absolutely CAN get "something for nothing" with Gravity.

How does Gravity actually work, where does the energy come from? Who cares, right? After all, it's just another "inane" question......

[edit on 21-6-2010 by cupocoffee]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

having built some 100 prototypes, are now saying they are ready to license the technology for production.

Just because it gets licensed, does not mean it will get produced.
A company could license it , only to shelve it.
Until they can turn FREE into PROFIT, I don't see this reaching
consumers hands anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
But I'm not sure what your point is.

My point is, accelerating something is supposed to require energy. But in the case of something orbiting the Earth, there's a constant acceleration vector toward the Earth, but no energy is spent, the Earth never runs out of energy and the force of Gravity never changes.

If you open a (very) basic textbook on mechanics, "work" is defined as a scalar product of force and distance. In case of a body orbiting earth, it's always moving in a direction perpendicular to the force applied. Hence zero mechanical work is done and no expenditure of energy is taking place.

All I am trying to say is that all these different things make sense if you accept that there's a hidden (virtual) energy field that powers the whole Universe - that gives electrons their charge, that causes Gravity and Magnetism, etc.

Read the above. If you need more visual aids, consider a hockey puck on a smooth horizontal ice surface. Give it a tap, and it will start sliding. All that time, the force of gravity is of course acting upon the puck, but no energy of the gravity field is spent, because no work is done.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

You still fail to explain where the energy for the force of gravity comes from, just like you failed to explain where the energy for magnetism comes from.

Sorry but Bearden's explanation - that it all comes from the vacuum energy - still seems like the best.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

reply to post by buddhasystem

You still fail to explain where the energy for the force of gravity comes from, just like you failed to explain where the energy for magnetism comes from.

You forgot to mention that I also failed to explain why there aren't 12,000 spaghetti monsters marching around your house.

If you fail to understand that force does not need energy to exist (as I explained not in one but two examples, in vain hope that at least one would sink in -- it didn't), you just don't get the very basics. The puck will slide on the ice the same, regardless of how much energy is stored in the planet's gravitational field.

Sorry but Bearden's explanation - that it all comes from the vacuum energy - still seems like the best.

Stock up on new age crystals and voodoo dolls. Both may come in handy for explaining the wonders of the Universe, just as Bearden's texs.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Stock up on new age crystals and voodoo dolls.

No thanks, I'd rather stock up on magical force fields that come from nowhere, affect our reality constantly but require no energy and have no energy source........

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Maybe its more clear with an mechanical example. Imagine you have a rubber band you stretch and put over your chairs armrests. Now the rubber band will constantly try to pull the two armrests together, there is a constant force pulling. However, since the armrests are attached to your chair they wont move, there is an equal opposite force. If you loosen one armrest, it will be pulled towards the other. You can compare that to a magnet attracting a piece of iron. Both the magnet and the rubber band will only be able to attract the object once. If you want to do it again, you will have to pull the armrest away again and stretch the rubber band, or in case of the magnet you have to pull the piece of iron away again, which will both cost you energy.

You won't be able to extract any energy from the rubber band while it is in stretched position, even though there is a constant force at work. Just like you can't extract any energy from the earths gravitational field, even though there is a constant force at work.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-
You won't be able to extract any energy from the rubber band while it is in stretched position, even though there is a constant force at work. Just like you can't extract any energy from the earths gravitational field, even though there is a constant force at work.

But you can get energy from the Earth's gravitational field. Just make an Oscillator, like a Pendulum.

But I guess now I'll just get a barrage of unconvincing analogies and metaphors and examples to try to explain away Pendulums too.......

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

What do you mean? A pendulum will stop moving after a while.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

But you can get energy from the Earth's gravitational field. Just make an Oscillator, like a Pendulum.
Same explanation as the grand canyon example. Potential energy=kinetic energy=potential energy=kinetic energy.

All the energy is potential at the end of the swing, and kinetic at the bottom of the swing. It's just converting back and forth between the two. There's no energy from gravity in the pendulum, gravity just assists in the conversion back and forth between the two forms of energy.

Stock up on new age crystals and voodoo dolls.

No thanks, I'd rather stock up on magical force fields that come from nowhere, affect our reality constantly but require no energy and have no energy source........

When Clarke wrote his third law that "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic", I'll bet it never occurred to him that in this day and age people would still think of gravity and refrigerator magnets as magic (or as advanced technology).

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
All the energy is potential at the end of the swing, and kinetic at the bottom of the swing. It's just converting back and forth between the two. There's no energy from gravity in the pendulum, gravity just assists in the conversion back and forth between the two forms of energy.

Put it this way, to move the pendulum like that with your bare hands only, without being aided by the force of gravity, would take a lot of energy. But as it is, you only have to expend a little bit of energy and raise the pendulum once, and then gravity does the rest and you get way, way more motion out of it.

When Clarke wrote his third law that "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic", I'll bet it never occurred to him that in this day and age people would still think of gravity and refrigerator magnets as magic (or as advanced technology).

Hey, it was buddhasystem who said it, not me. Take a look at his statement again:

force does not need energy to exist

Now I had always been told that everything in the Universe is some form of energy or another. Particles, matter, light, sound, electrical current, radiation, these are all different forms of energy, right? So it would make sense that Gravity and Magnetism are also based on some kind of energy or are some function of energy.

But apparently not, they're not "Energy", they're just "Force". They don't use or require an energy source, they're just "force fields".

Electrons have a charge that never runs out? Don't worry, that's not "energy", it's just "force". The Earth accelerates things forever, that's not "energy", it's just a "force field". Magnets attract and repel things over and over, but that's not "energy", it's just "force".

Oh and we don't have to explain where these amazing "force fields" come from or how they work without using energy either. They just ARE, okay??

And it all makes perfect sense, just go read a very basic textbook.......

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum

Actually an object in a stable orbit experiences 2 accelerations, a 'natural' one (gravity) and an artificial one determined by V^2/R (centrifugal and centripetal forces). A stable orbit implies that the 2 forces are equal and opposite therefore cancelling each other out and without any outside influences like friction losses or other comparatively large enough interfering sources of gravity, the orbit will continue indefinitely. It does take energy to accelerate to the speed where the balance is achieved and in the case of planets and moons that energy has been there since their formation.

Your exposition is incorrect. In the inertial frame of reference, such as a stationary observer on Earth (an approximation but not a bad one for our purposes), a satellite will solely experience the pull of gravity and no other forces. Zero, zelch, nada. And that's why it goes around in orbit. If you swing a stone tied to a rope, in circles, again it will be only the tension of the rope. The "centripetal" etc forces are used to simplify treatment of mechanics in non-inertial systems, but this is not essential. So again, an orbiting body is directed by only ONE force.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

But meteors and things that come to Earth from elsewhere in the solar system fall to Earth from the atmosphere as well, and NO energy was spent to put them up there.

And as I already pointed out, the Earth causes a constant acceleration on anything that orbits it as well. All those satellites in orbit, they are constantly accelerating towards the Earth. (Again note the difference between velocity and rate-of-change of velocity)

But the force of Gravity of the Earth never weakens and it never runs out of energy.

You absolutely CAN get "something for nothing" with Gravity.

How does Gravity actually work, where does the energy come from? Who cares, right? After all, it's just another "inane" question......

[edit on 21-6-2010 by cupocoffee]

HOW can they help you what can you attach to the meteor to get that enrgy from it CAN you not see the FLAWED logic you apply.

For US TO GET something out of the energy YOU claim from gravity we have to get the MACHINE OR OBJECT into a position that gravity can work on it so guess WHAT we HAVE to USE ENERGY to get it there.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Your exposition is incorrect. In the inertial frame of reference, such as a stationary observer on Earth (an approximation but not a bad one for our purposes), a satellite will solely experience the pull of gravity and no other forces. Zero, zelch, nada. And that's why it goes around in orbit. If you swing a stone tied to a rope, in circles, again it will be only the tension of the rope. The "centripetal" etc forces are used to simplify treatment of mechanics in non-inertial systems, but this is not essential. So again, an orbiting body is directed by only ONE force.

You are WRONG cut the string the stone would shoot off in a straight line same with a body in orbit it wants to go in a straight line becuase of its FORWARD VELOCITY but gravity pulls it towards the suface switch off gravity (cut the string ) object would shoot of in a straight line.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-

But I guess now I'll just get a barrage of unconvincing analogies and metaphors and examples to try to explain away Pendulums too.......

Well why doesn't a PENDULUM swing forever if the never ending source of energy on it is GRAVITY.

ONCE you figure that out you will realise the FLAW in your logic!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Well why doesn't a PENDULUM swing forever if the never ending source of energy on it is GRAVITY.

I didn't say that a Pendulum would swing forever - obviously, it doesn't.

I only said that moving it the same amount with your bare hands without making use of Gravity would cost a lot more energy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join