It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the fish?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Where are the fish in this video or even in the live feeds from the GOM? I would think that there would at least be a fish or 2 swimming around.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm no marine biologist. But I think only certain few types of fish and other organisms can survive at 5000 feet.

Also I'm sure like with any animal they can sense the danger, and probably tend to stay away.

That's not always the case, as the pictures of dead animals and oil covered birds show.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
oxygen is down 30 percent
they say
so thats a fish killer
he's only down a hundred feet or so I would guess

there are deep water critters most places
but the gulf has had dead zones for a long time
so thats bound to have affected the fish in some areas too.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Good question though. I have seen the birds. I have not seen any decent reporting on the effect on the fish population.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It kinda makes sense why there may not be fish. This is sorta outta the gulf but not too far out.

Deans Blue Hole

Looks pretty shallow around the hole at certain tides.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by RaymaNcouldbe]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The Census of Marine Life project started in 2000 and they are due to their grand opening of websites in October. This is the worlds first past, present and future scientific marine census. I'm sure their data finishing sampling in 2009 will be a lawyer's dream of proving damages in court regarding the oil companies.
Www.cml.org is their temp website.
I'm sure they are making sure the data and analysis is flawless for the Gulf region because additional long-term monitoring is a given and will be funded by the consortium.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yea I just wasn't sure about the authenticity of the deep diver's video. I didn't see any fish at all, and the angles are strange.

new topics

top topics

join