It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian Sleep Experiment - Orange Soda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I have come across this story many times lately on different websites. It's said this is a old story but no one knows whether this is true or not. I even checked snopes on this but there is no information I could find. Does anyone know anything about this? Is this true or any other details? If it is hoax I hope you had a good read.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Similar stories have been told
of sailors marooned in little boats at sea
for extended periods of time.

The rescuers
couldn't pry the bones of the canibalized from the survivors' hands
without knocking them out.
this is a well documented occurance in sea faring books
the survivors were quite mad

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Seems like a sort of "short story". Something you'd see in a collection of Stephen King.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
well it sounds like the plot of a horror movie ( a bad on at that) I realy dont belive this to be true in fact I belive it to be impossible

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
man thats one crazy story.

Its even worst that i think it could be true.

I dont however understand what it was these people turned out to be, or did they just become crazy ?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Could easily be true, although some aspects seem paranormal and are difficult to understand fully..

reminds me of a movie , plot centers in some russian wwII bunker, I can't remember the name...

Hmm another movie this reminds me of is event horizon...

sounds like the subjects became exactly like what happened in that movie.. their inner dark side being let out

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Trust me, it isn't real, just very creative as compared to the usual "Creepy Pasta" as they call it.

CreepyPasta.com

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Great piece of horror fiction, I hope, haha.

But, if it's true here's what I think happened - being awake for so long was too much for the human spirit. The souls left the bodies, (or were taken out). As these bodies were still alive and breathing, and awake but empty, entities from the lower astral realms took over. i.e. The men were possessed by demons who demanded the gas for fear they'd be kicked back into their own realm by sleep.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I read this on Creepypasta last year. Creepy and interesting read but it's just fiction. I've seen plenty of different versions of the story on other boards.

top topics

join