It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage 'barefoot bandit' may have struck again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This kid is amazing! He has alluded the authorities for years and he taunts them with messages written in chalk at his burglary crime scenes. He has become a cult hero and surely when this is all over there will definitely be a blockbuster movie made about him and he will become an instant celebrity. If you haven't heard about him I would recommend reading up on him, he is amazing! His survival skills must be off the hook. He once stole a single engine airplane and later they found a "how to learn to fly" handbook in the airplane
He has stolen several planes since then. The kid is fearless!

Remember the name,

Colton Harris-Moore

it is going down in history.

Colton Harris-Moore, infamous teenage "barefoot bandit" and cult hero, are you back at it again?

The San Juan County sheriff didn't find you amusing Thursday as he dealt with your latest alleged crime, and television news cameras descended on Orcas Island for any tidbits about you.

Sheriff William Cumming knows somebody was taunting the cops by drawing in chalk 39 cartoonish footprints on the crime scene's red concrete floor, and writing near one of the doors, "C-YA!"

The owner of that Orcas Island grocery isn't laughing — he says he had more than $5,000 damage in computers kicked around, with one left soaking in a stainless tub.

Plus, $1,200 taken from four cash registers.

And for good measure, an entire blueberry cheesecake, plus produce and some unbaked meat-and-cheese-filled croissants.
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
My favorite quote from the article

"I think his talent is being wasted. I'd apprehend him and drop him someplace in Afghanistan," says Ater. "If he does exactly the same thing there as he does here, they'll go into complete chaos."

here is the newest video I could find about him. if anyone can find a newer one please pot it.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I read a recent article about him but forget where I read it.

I guess they offered him 50,000 dollars to turn himself in but he has not taken the bait.

This kid is pretty remarkable to say the least and you are right about his survival skills.

They have used so many resources trying to track him down.

Bloodhounds were even used when they spotted him from the air but they could not find him even with the dogs.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
They have used so many resources trying to track him down.

Bloodhounds were even used when they spotted him from the air but they could not find him even with the dogs.

It is crazy! seriously, considering the percentage of escaped convicts that are recaptured is what? like 99.99% ?

He definitely has a huge future ahead of after he gets caught and does his time. Movie deals, book deals, you name it, he will be ale to write his own ticket.

So who should play him in the movie?
Brad Pitt is too old

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc125dcf438a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

leonardo would play him. have fun kid.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Only just found out about this kid, amazing lol!

From Wikipedia

Film 20th Century Fox has bought the film rights to the book Taking Flight: The Hunt for a Young Outlaw for Rough House Pictures to produce. David Gordon Green is tapped to direct the film.[6]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
reply to post by Just Wondering

leonardo would play him. have fun kid.
Yes! why didn't I think of that? DiCaprio would be perfect, he has that boyish face.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
Only just found out about this kid, amazing lol!

From Wikipedia

Film 20th Century Fox has bought the film rights to the book Taking Flight: The Hunt for a Young Outlaw for Rough House Pictures to produce. David Gordon Green is tapped to direct the film.[6]

Sweet! they are making the movie! I wonder how much that little effer got for selling the rights?

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I don't exactly see what's so admirable about the guy. So he's kept a step ahead of the local cops, he's not dumb. But I don't see him doing anything good with his evasion and survival skills. I'm not even sure how good his skills are as he is constantly being resupplied through theft. It's not exactly too hard to go camping between plane crashes if you are constantly being resupplied. He's getting cocky and I think he will keep taking larger risks until he gets caught, or injured, or crashes into something while flying a stolen plane.

top topics

join