It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO YOU CANT CHANGE THE WORLD.. EVER TRIED?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I like to think we have all at time’s wished we could wave a magical wand and fix the world overnight, sadly the more years I have spent on site’s such as ATS and understanding how the world really works the more I realise there are massive hurdle’s preventing this - not just the obvious ones but hidden ones too.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-6-2010 by byteshertz]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I like to think we have all at time’s wished we could wave a magical wand and fix the world overnight, sadly the more years I have spent on site’s such as ATS and understanding how the world really works the more I realise there are massive hurdle’s preventing this - not just the obvious ones but hidden ones too. Lets start with feeding the world:
PROBLEM 1: For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction
The United Nations has estimated the cost of ending world hunger at about $195 billion a year. Twenty-two countries have pledged to donate this money by contributing 0.7% -- less than 1% -- of national income to international aid, but the goal has yet to be reached. Five countries have already met the goal, while others are on target to meet it in a few years. Some, including the U.S., are lagging. (Source: www.squidoo.com/world-hunger)
The UN secretary-general, said that higher food prices risked wiping out progress towards reducing poverty and could harm global growth and security.
(Source: www.telegraph.co.uk...)
And that’s our problem right there people, for every action there is going to be an equal and opposite reaction, for every persons quality of life you improve you are going to need a better off person to sacrifice some of their lifestyle, and I don’t just mean the richy rich – I mean everyone who does not live in a 3rd world country will have their portion of sacrifice to make... but I believe most won’t be able to pull their weight... which is GREED
PROBLEM 2: Greed
I’m not even going to bother with this one because we are all guilty of it and most solution’s we ever look at focus on this issue... where my solution will try to work around this problem – because let’s face it – IT AINT GONNA CHANGE.
PROBLEM 3: Money is not a real resource
If overnight we magically distributed the wealth to reach the poor, it would not solve their situation... THINK ABOUT THIS FOR A SECOND. They would be stinking rich and all have nothing they could buy in their own country because they would all be equally rich and there are not enough resources to go around.
PROBLEM 4: Cost of importing Resources
Importing resources from anywhere else in the world will take us back to Problem 1 – for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. If we send ships and planes over to drop the food off our food prices will go up, which people do not want because of Problem 2: Greed. And we find ourselves going round and round in circles.... And that is what I have done for the last few years of my life, gone in circles trying to solve this issue which reflects many other issues...
PROBLEM 5: Going in circles and waiting for a leader
It is only now I believe I have found the true answer and not only am I not only going to share it with you fine people, I am going to tell you what we are going to do to change this world for the better not because I want to be the one to do it but because I am sick of waiting for someone else to work this out and tell me what to do!
I am not your messiah or saviour
I am not a genius that knows every answer
I am not a perfect human being by any mean’s
I am not forcing anything upon any of you
I AM SOMEONE THAT SEE’S WE NEED DIRECTION AND WITH YOUR HELP I WILL STEP UP AND BE THE ONE TO ENABLE US TO ACCOMPLISH THIS TOGETHER

Those who are with me help me to help you by doing the following:
SOLUTION : KNOW THE ANSWER IS EFFICIENCY
After contemplating how we can fix this world overnight for many years following through the problems and many thousands more listed above take it from me efficiency is the only answer – that is why we have always had these problems.
It seems like an obvious solution and quite primitive, but if there is one things human’s are capable of it is maximising efficiency – our current society’s use and refuse system’s just stop this from being achieved.

My Resource Definition: When I refer to resource from here on out I am talking everything you can spare or require that is reusable:
Things that you would usually throw away from old cell phones, computers, toasters, kettles, cutlery, toilet paper rolls, plastic bags – EVERYTHING you can think of that you do not want that is reusable and may have value to someone else.
THE VISION:
Imagine a world where if you need a resource you can simply ask everyone in your whole street/block/suburb/city or country if they could spare it for you by using social network technology. You could visually browse the location on 3D map from any computer, you could hitch a ride to get to the location with someone going past that is heading to that location simply by placing a toll free number to an operator. As the network grows you could simply wait until a delivery person from your social network is coming past your location and they could drop it at your door or at a nearby location.

Imagine being able to not throw away things that may seem like junk to you but could actually mean convenience and an instant lifestyle improvement to someone else.
This whole vision is completely possible using today’s technology and with the backing of the people by using existing GPS, Google earth, telecommunications, and mapping technologies.
With the flick of a switch, a phone call, a mouse click you could choose to be active in this new generation social network communicating your needs, have’s or have not’s to the world.
When you want out you could opt out at anytime to ensure your privacy & location are secure again with the flick of a switch, a phone call, a mouse click. Conflict over resources would be based on a ‘karma’ system where the more you do or have done for others the more they are going to want to do for you
-------------------Skip section below if this technology does not scare you ----------------------
I Know alot of you fellow ATSers are already sitting their screaming “I am tracked enough already!”. My answer is this: Yes you are! We all are - and now is the time to face the fact’s that the people we don’t want tracking us already can and do. We can’t let our fear stop us being afraid and bringing in technology to go hand in hand with the technology they use but for good good to minimize this technology being exploited– This technology can maximise our Efficiency so we cannot let our fear hold us back.
Eg. Various ‘agencies’ are already capable of pinpointing/triangulating our location via satellite and GPS, and mobile towers etc.. that is.. if you have your cell phone turned on, but you pull the battery out you are just another face in the crowd and this is the concept behind how security would operate.
---------------Skip section above if this technology does not scare you ----------------

By all means I do not believe this is a perfect system and understand corruption will always be a key issue just like any system. But if together we can show the world a new way of life that does not cost them anything then not only are companies that try to exploit us or this system going to fail but we may stop walking backwards and take the first step forward to creating a better world.
Like I said I don’t see any other solutions so help me get this off the ground. Here’s how you can help me to change the world. So just like Pantene: It won’t happen over night but it will happen.. but only with your help!
Although I do have skills in web development and other technology I do not believe I am capable of coordinating something like this, on this scale, but with your help and with the right team I will coordinate it using the skills I have until I find a more suitable replacement and will continue to contribute in everyway possible for the rest of my life if it mean’s my vision of maximising efficiency and therefore improving the world is met.

PLAN TO FIX THE WORLD – draft outline:

Step 1: We need internet resources (Webspace or domain name’s etc) Maybe you have spare or maybe you have friends in higher places that can help. More importantly we need Developers and writers who are willing to donate their time and money to this cause
Step 2: We use the developers and writers to create a social network (like facebook) but combined with GPS and virtual mapping technologies to allow anyone in the world to publish their spare resources
Step 3: Once site and system is up I truly believe the system will market itself... after all everything will be free because it is simply what people do not want. Advertising from the site can generate an income that can be used to expand the network.
Step 4 courier systems and free call numbers can be setup to help people with the cost of distributing resources and accessing the system.
Step 5 Once the network gets big enough we can let our individual voices be heard and together we can request that the governments help fund and rollout this system. I am not saying they will or not want to – I am saying we will all have a common ground to stand on and with an ever growing audience we do not have to give them a choice. The beauty about online communications/network technology is the simplicity involved in giving that power back to the individual that modern society has removed.
Step 6: Coordinate the rollout of the system in to impoverished communities and countries... a cell phone designed to be rolled out to developing nations by vodafone can be purchased for $20... and I know they are not doing it for free and doubt the manufacturing would cost more than $5 per phone... if we use smart ways to roll these communication’s out to these people it will not only give them the ability to use our systems to help themselves but also give them a tool that will see them be able to communicate with the world and therefore offer them a hope of survival and being heard. I know some of you are saying why give them a phone when you could give them food, and I agree but the best way to maximise efficiency in delivering the tool’s they require to produce their own food is through communication and organisation – something inexpensive modern technology can now provide.
(Source: www.geek.com...)

HERE’S HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Contact me [email protected]
If you feel you can contribute in any way – even if it’s not something I have mentioned
We will be needing communication’s experts, Web developers, writers, publishers you name it I am sure we will find a use for you – If you can take some time out of your life to really add to this world I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU – I need all the help I can get

ALL OF YOU TO TELL OTHERS IT’S TIME TO CHAGE THE WORLD AND WE HAVE A PLAN
What do you have to lose?

My idea’s don’t stop there but I really feel this is where it all needs to start

But a little bit of my philosophy and idea’s for the entertainment of any who have made it this far ...
(and I do thank you for listening and helping)
Other system’s such as ‘sponsor a worker’ could be rolled out. Basically this idea would involve companies sponsoring children overseas paying for their education, basic life needs and health care in exchange for rebuilding their societies in which the company will then be able to base itself and then reap the rewards when these people buy products off them. Simply: The company gives them the tool’s they need to be able to add to society and then employs
Give the vote back to the people... Give people easier ways to cast their vote via technology (polling booths are no more secure or accessible than the internet or phones as previous election results show). Not only on candidates but on issues of national interest.
I BELIEVE IN UNITING FOR A CAUSE BUT DO NOT BELIEVE IN UNITING PERMANENTLY
Let’s learn from other countries mistakes.. I will take the USA’s mistakes for an example. They had a constitution brilliantly designed to minimise corruption by diving the power and the vote’s amongst states. So no one voice is above others. Sadly amendments were made the states slowly lost their voice/power as did the individual when states were formed and the constition was corrupted and now we see a move towards a one world order where one voice will rule all.. With technology and current network systems we can give everyone a voice again..

**I have not checked my sources sources but we all know the message weather 100% accurate or not stands For example**
Feel free to criticize my plan, but please try to be constructive!
PLEASE STAR AND FLAG AND HELP ME GET MY PLAN OF ACTION ON THE FRONT PAGE OF ATS – IT WOULD BE A REALLY GOOD START

(visit the link for the full news article)

join