It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must See!! Videos Of Oil Leaking Thru Cracks In The Sea Floor!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by The Theorist

There is the reason of why.

Your post totally ignoring the the facts I raised.Making it a british issue only.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Whats with all the anomalies? Especially the one at 1.09? Looks like what ever it is, is jumping? underwater? Also watch the whole video closely, what are they?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
You can't put a band aid on this.. You can't get out a needle and thread.. Not much you can do.

All it is gonna take now is one small quake, or perhaps just one hard storm..

Whhooomppphhh...

Bang goes the see bed. Bang goes BP, bang goes the economy..

Bang!

What else can we do but hope the oil stops? What else can we pray for?
I am feeling mixed emotions right now.. One part is feeling that it can't be that bad, whereas the other part is saying "this is it...so long and thanks for all the fish"...

This completely rules out the possibility of using any form of explosive on the sea bed to close up any gaps.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by who-me?

We American's are already screwed. There is absolutely no debate that this disaster will cause unprecedented damage to our already weakened economy. Our stock market is already feeling it.

The thing is, most of us are willing to accept the collapse of BP at this point. Yeah, it'll be ANOTHER damaging blow to our economy as we do own part of BP. Really, so be it.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Whats with all the anomalies? Especially the one at 1.09? Looks like what ever it is, is jumping? underwater? Also watch the whole video closely, what are they?

Those anomalies appear to be blobs of coagulated oil, you know the red stuff you see floating on the surface hitting the beaches right before the black tide.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Wow you really need a big slice of melodrama in the morning don't you?

It's not the fact that BP aren't at fault that we are angry about, it's the fact that you are blaming Britain and not a multinational company called BP.
Yes pension funds might suffer but the fact of the matter is that all that is irrelevant at this moment because of what is happening in the gulf.

What we brits are angry at is that you are taking your anger out on our country when you should really just be angry at the company. Personally I couldn't care less if BP go bankrupt or taken over, they made this mess.
Just don't go blaming a whole country over the actions of a company which has more American employees than it does British.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4

Wow you really need a big slice of melodrama in the morning don't you?

It's not the fact that BP aren't at fault that we are angry about, it's the fact that you are blaming Britain and not a multinational company called BP.
Yes pension funds might suffer but the fact of the matter is that all that is irrelevant at this moment because of what is happening in the gulf.

What we brits are angry at is that you are taking your anger out on our country when you should really just be angry at the company. Personally I couldn't care less if BP go bankrupt or taken over, they made this mess.
Just don't go blaming a whole country over the actions of a company which has more American employees than it does British.

Just to be fair.. The British Government and the British Media start attacking us and President Obama for being to harsh on BP.

The fact that they are sticking up for BP and ATTACKING US at a point in time where we are facing absolute economic and environmental devastation that could spread from Mexico to North Carolina opens the British up for criticism.

This spill just gets worse everyday and we could see the entire Gulf turn into a dead zone for the next few decades.

The British have no right what so over to attack us for being to harsh on BP.

link   
Makes you wonder if they didnt release such a force under there at the oil so powerful that it may spread out like spider webs deep underground climbing to the surface. We could end up with an entire ocean bed gushing oil.

I do not think that BP wants to stop the oil. I think BP wants to capture it to sell for profits. It is either that or they really have no way to stop it and we are truely doomed.

link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

I don't blame your country for this. What angers me is that BP is "crying foul" to the Brit government, and that protests are taking place saying that BP is being treated unfairly by us.

If your Government comes out against us, and attacks Obama for bringing the hammer down on BP, then I'll become angry at your Government.

Yeah, I'm ranting about this because I haven't slept. And when I don't sleep, I get into these moods. I'm going to draw my line here on this specific subject and just go to bed. Goodnight.

Edit: Please review this post, which is actually like 2 posts up from mine.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by The Theorist]

link   

I am a self avowed news junkie and I have not heard of any reports of Americans blaming Britain for this disaster so this is news to me....but we are certainly angry at BP irregardless of who owns it.

[edit on 6/13/2010 by MissSmartypants]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Flag and Star, the people really need to know what is going on, instead of living like an ostrich with it's head in the sand.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

I am a self avowed news junkie and I have not heard of any reports of Americans blaming Britain for this disaster so this is news to me....but we are certainly angry at BP irregardless of who owns it.

Exactly... It is the Anti-American Sentiment going around in Britain like this post where a political official refers to President Obama like he is dog urging the British Prime Minister to give President Obama a yank on his collar.

chattahbox.com...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by alexhiggins732]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Makes you wonder if they didnt release such a force under there at the oil so powerful that it may spread out like spider webs deep underground climbing to the surface. We could end up with an entire ocean bed gushing oil.

That is apparently what happened. When they were forcing that very heavy drilling mud into the well casing at tremendous pressure there was apparently a disc valve in the well casing that was closed, blocking the mud, which then cracked the sides of the well casing allowing oil to seep into the sea floor. That's why BP stopped the Top Kill procedure so abruptly.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexhiggins732

However the British do have the right to point out the several facts which conveniently seem to be ignored by most Americans in order to tarnish Britain and BP.
Those facts are-:

1. BP 39% US owned.

2. Transocean (An American company) owned and manned the rig, out of 126 crew on board 6 were BP.

3. The MMS (Mineral Management Service) is a US government organization which is supposed to be responsible for and carry out safety inspections. They make billions a year selling oil companies like BP the mineral rights and authorize drilling.

4. Halliburton, oilfield technology and services company also directly involved, 2nd largest off shore drilling supply company in the world, you guessed it, also primarily American owned, headquarters Houston Texas.

Tell me why these four facts are constantly ignored or brushed over?

[edit on 13/6/2010 by who-me?]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

We have seen pictures on the news of people with signs saying boycott Britain and the like. Obviously these people are in a minority but it still angers us.

With regards to politicians making a big deal out of what Obama said, well politicans are pretty far removed from the general British public and I couldn't care less what Obama says about BP and I'm sure most of the public don't either.

Yes it will affect us because BP are a huge source of pension funds. But weighing up the effect that the disaster will have for the American economy and the environmental impact then I would think most of us Brits would agree that our concerns are pretty insignificant in this.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexhiggins732

The English royalty has wanted control over us wealth since the first settlers arrived.

The US government has always been loyal to the Queen, but with the constitution in place, she can't pull the US into the Commonwealth.

A North American Union would accomplish this, as Canada is part of the commonwealth. It's all about globalized, centralized power. London, being the center of power. Or possibly the Isle of Man. They have the worlds oldest parliament, and most likely the CUBE, or the worlds economic computer, holding all credit default swaps in the form of the EuroDollar.

A collapse of the US economy would effectively cause US to default on our loan payment to the Queen, and she could take corporate control.

The British people have been duped by their government just as badly as the American people have been duped by both UK and US governments.

It's sad to see some of the jealous brits calling down the Americans, but I can understand the worlds anger at America.

Just direct it towards the Government. These are not the people that we have elected to respresent us. Elections are rigged, backroom deals are made.

The English people will only respect the American people again when we finally stand up against our own government. A revolution may be necessary, to keep our freedom, and unique way of life.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Theorist
reply to post by Marrr

The only reason I'm showing my anger at those in the UK is because of their attitude that we, Americans in general, are giving BP the short stick. They're even asking their Government officials to CONDEMN Obama for his newly found hard stance against BP.

It angers me to no end, that it does.

Then i suggest you get the sleep you need, you are clearly unable to rationalie and realise that there is no issue in the UK with Obama's condemnation of BP. Many of us agree that what has happened is shameful on BP.

We do not identify with it as being just another huge multinational doing great damage to the planet we all share.

There are countless others based all around the world.

So instead of the seething rage you are displaying, rest, chill out, think about it and consider the bigger picture:

The world MUST develop clean energy sources NOW. For too long the environmental agenda has been hijacked by loonies both pro and con. Reailty is, the very fact we're trying to exploit these ever more difficult to access resources is doing great harm to our planet.

This could have happened anywhere, i'm sure other regulators around the world are just as close to the oil industry, sure similar practices operate the world over in terms of drilling.

As for Obama, he has a great deal of support in Europe. The governments will always try and represent their own interests but don't confuse that with speaking for the majority. I can assure you that is no different in the US.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The British are not our enemies they are our allies and this surely is not there fault.

We need to stop projecting here.

If we are going to play the blame game it needs to be distributed to ALL who are DESERVING.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by alexhiggins732]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The video shows what might be a lat-lon in the upper left corner. Plotting it
10.431627, -120.2862
maps.google.com...,-108.852539&spn=24.668728,39.418945&t =h&z=5&iwloc=000488eaebdfbb97fa9b4

comes out 1000 miles or so due west of Costa Rica. That's on the same fault line as the big Peru earthquake of a few weeks ago. Seems to be some activity there and in Peru in the last week.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I was born in the UK and have ben labeled as British.. .this is not my fault.

Soon, we may all find that we will have to shed our old ways and realise that we are all brothers and sisters ... This oil leak may become far, far worse and could possibly damage the entire food chain.

If that happens, then none of us will be worried about who comes from where.

Please read my post here for a further view on my thoughts on this US/Brit conversation; www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh, and btw, this kinda distracts from the actual topic which is the sea bed cracking and leaking.. Please let us review this video footage that has been linked to and try to work out if it REALLY is the sea bed that is cracked and not just globs of oil floating past.

Getting wrong could be fatal for some. An example of that could be seen everytime a bank collapses or the stock markets crash... people take their own lives for the simplest of things sometimes.

Let's be sure this news is correct ..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join