It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Ban Being Crafted in Secrecy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thanks for the info BH. I would actually like to read the bill itself to figure out what is in there.

However, if this is the case, and it pertains only to international groups and not to individual citizens, then it's a great bill.

I'll look for the PDF and post if I find it.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Your article said the bill has not even beeen drafted yet.

I already tried looking for it, then I read your whole article and like I said it hasn't been drafted yet.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Here is the PDF for the Legislation.

It's dated 2008, because the 2010 meeting with the updated legislation has not occured yet.

www.undp.org...

And here is the UN website with the details.

www.poa-iss.org...

~Keeper

[edit on 6/13/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That's the biggest load of claptrap i've read in a long while!

The huge majority of weapons that end up in the hands of so called terrorist groups, African child soldiers and the like, come mainly from ex-Soviet republics. Why do they think they are all walking around with AK's..not exactly standard US military or domestic issue...but they're are swimming in them in the old Soviet block countries and states and can be bought for the price of a bottle of vodka or two...almost.

This IS about the UN trying to disarm the US citizenry..consensus or not, they are still formulating the mandate and regulations for domestic use, so by it's nature, there is NO conspiracy theory at all!

Propaganda against alert people (conspiracy theorists), will not wash. Either there is a plan to regulate or otherwise restrict US gun ownership or there isn't. If there is...it cannot be a conspiracy theory!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
go Spikey!

hmmm
i guess people who use the term conspiracy theorists can't read:
(jus like I can't spell lol)
from my previous post
(just for starters)

House Bill 45

H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009
www.govtrack.us...
To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

- Prohibits firearm and ammunition manufacturers from selling to the public.

Aside from focusing strictly on the credibility of the source, which is a moot point at this juncture because I don't think the MSM would cover any of this until after the fact, the point above seems to me to be the most realistic.

The Second Amendment, which contrary to what most people think, is one of the most protected amendments by the Constitution. Our founding fathers thought this to be one of the most important elements to protecting American citizens against a tyrannical government and added several paragraphs simply reinforcing the Second Amendment.

However, no where in the Second Amendment does it state the right to bear loaded arms with any type of ammunition. Rather, it merely focuses on the right to own guns and does not take the additional steps of preventing an ammunition crack down. Many argue that ammunition rights are inferred, but we all know what happens when interpretations are used to pass rulings.

This is where I feel the wiggle room is for government to 'tweak' the second amendment. Limiting ammunition, and specifically targeting the amount a person can stockpile and/or the type of ammunition able to be purchased will greatly hinder the American public from remaining armed.

Let's face it, a gun without ammo is more or less simply a heavier stick.

Attacking the Second Amendment as a whole would be an extremely charged initiative, would require a lengthy court battle, and be extremely costly as well as time consuming. Not to mention that this is something I feel that the majority of Americans would protest.

Even if this legislation were started today, it would be years in my opinion before it would ever be finalized. The NRA has tons of money and loads of supporters, and many, myself included, would furnish our support, both verbally AND financially, to ensure the NRA fought the battle against infringing upon the Second Amendment to its fullest.

However, in terms of ammo, it would be a much faster process and would ultimately have a very similar affect.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
This IS about the UN trying to disarm the US citizenry.

Well, I guess I shouldn't research further and should just believe you, spikey, because you said so. Or did you have something to back you up? Maybe House Bill 45?

Look, I'm not saying this ISN'T happening, I'm just not going to blindly believe it without some more solid evidence. This appears to be a rumor circulating on blogs. I'm a bit of a skeptic. I need a bit more than your word to convince me. If you want to believe it, fine. But I need something solid.

And I'm going to do some more research now.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This is just more of the same "Obama is gonna take all our guns!!" nonsense that has gripped a certain personality type among gun enthusiasts since he took power. That is not to say that liberals do not also have flights of fancy with regard to executive overreach and sinister plans: I recall several times during GW Bush's presidency that rumors cropped up about how a declaration of martial law was imminent.

Don't worry, nobody is coming for your guns.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well, Obama and the U.N. can ban all of the guns they want. That does not gather the guns up for them, does it? They will never, never get our guns without killing us all first.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by ironfalcon

I can't help but thing that Americans have to be the most paranoid people on the face of the earth.

Just because you are paranoid, doesnt mean someone isnt out to get you.

Americans may well have a background level of paranoia regarding the possibility of losing our second Amendment, but in our opinion, you guys have an unnatural LACK of paranoia. Despite the fact, as you said there is a much longer history of oppression and abuse from your leadership over the last thousand plus years. But thats your problem, not ours.

It would be nice if you all didnt bend over quite so easily, that does make our leaders more confident they can do the same to us, but we cant control what you do. Only what we do. And we are keeping our guns. We have effectively lost control of our electoral system, thanks to the media, corporate money, and propaganda. But we wont lose the whole nation and the Constitution without a fight.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

you guys have an unnatural LACK of paranoia

Who's 'you guys'? I am an American. Maybe I misinterpreted your meaning.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Don't mean to be roood but:

www.youtube.com...
for you people who don't read the news
a video

during katrina what were the police doing?
CONFISCATING GUNS
oh ya and looting walmarts

so home owners who were hi and dry
and who were protecting their homes and famillies
took it right in the...
well sort of
this is one little old ladies story

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by ironfalcon

The last time we had an oppressive regime was over 200 years ago.

Whoa. Mighty big claim there, my friend. Look at what happens in Iran? Oppressive. A good portion of the Middle East is oppressive. Look at the UK. By a different definition, they're oppressive. Dog leash too long? There's a fine for that. Want to buy a butter knife? Better be 18 with valid ID. The list goes on. Look at Australia. Tracking all web searches, logging all digitally transferred information for 2+ years, hell, they even have their own 'Great Firewall' now (censorship).

Most of us American's love our guns. They're the one sure source of power over our government. They'll never get them.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sure they might not be coming for american firearms now, but one day in the future once the rest of the world has been pacified and disarmed I can assure you beyond a shadow of a doubt that there will be a move to strip the 2nd amendment out and disarm the entire populace. The UN makes no bones about their stance on firearms: the average person has no business owning them. One way or another it will eventually land on our doorstep as well, I just hope the generation in majority at the time will have the good sense to stop it dead in its tracks.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Please watch the video
and maybe some of the related videos that come up on the side bar.

during Katrina
they have already come for the guns
they (6 big beefy bubbas) punched out a little old lady
they got the guns

the vid SHOWS the cops piling on a little ol lady and taking her little
un loaded pistol in her home
and a bunch of other normal peoples' stories as well

the future is already here
the UN treatuy is a semi legal way to try to circumvent the constitution

so please consider what the facts make opinions look like

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

lpowell,
Before you continue this line of thinking, reread the second amendment to the Bill of Rights.
It says "...shall not be infringed."
The primary or core subject of this amendment is an "arm".
The secondary of "fringe" subject means any fringe issue, magazine size, type of ammunition, action, license, registration, criminal check... which impacts he primary or core subject, shall not be infringed.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I feel so sorry for all the criminals in US.
they will have to give up there guns.
maybe they will give up the life of crime to?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I don't think it would be possible for the U.N. to pass any measure that would void anything in the Bill of Rights or the Constitution. Its not even an issue of guns as much as rights.

I'm not constitutional/international law expert, but I don't see it happening. I'd oppose entering any international agreement that restricted any freedoms, much less the 2nd amendment.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The Theorist

I'm right ther with you, friend!! Plus- I have had the foresight, to "Catche" some of my weapons/ammo, in different/remote locations- all known, to noone but me. A few, to some close friends.
We ARE in a war, for our very FREEDOM. It WILL end in bloodshed. If you look at the "non MSM newz", you will see that "The war is already begun". -Patrick Henry. Remember the REST of his speach- "I know not what course other (men) may take, but as for me- GIVE ME LIBERTY, OR GIVE ME DEATH!" Well, as an Old Virginian, I agree, totally. I MAY be killed, fighting for American Freedom- but I'll be standing in a pile of hot brass!!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

While I would love to agree with you, unfortunately, "constitutional scholars"- i.e.- INTERNATIONALISTS- dissagree. They have constantly held, that ANY international treaty, trumps th U.S.Constitution.
Now- you and I know, that is Bravo Sierra. Unfortunately, those whose minds were warped, by attending law school, disagree- and run our country.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join