It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Ban Being Crafted in Secrecy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Gun Ban Being Crafted in Secrecy

beforeitsnews.com

CCRKBA’s Alan Gottlieb is a Non-Government Organization (NGO) delegate to the UN with a mission: KILL ANY SMALL ARMS TREATY LANGUAGE THAT INFRINGES ON THE SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS OF AMERICANS.

On June 14-18 Alan is New York at the UN BMS-4 Small Arms and Light Weapons meeting to discuss the final details of the Small Arms and Light Weapons Treaty. The treaty is not yet written and it is imperative that US gun rights and the Second Amendment be protected from international regulation.

Alan’s wife Julianne H. Versnel, in her international efforts to defend gun rights, is also participa
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hmm, this is interesting.

International Gun Ban Treaty? From the UN?

Aren't the UN the most innefective government in the world at regulating their own resolutions and laws?

I thought so.

This is a good read, although I'm not sure how serious we should take the article, but it sure fits in line with what we all think is coming from the PTB.

Some things supposedly included in the the treaty:

Obama continues to work to keep the UN Treaty cloaked in secrecy, so that there will be no publicized gun control debates in the media or votes in Congress. Take action now, do not wake up one morning and find that the United States has signed a UN treaty that:

- Prohibits firearm and ammunition manufacturers from selling to the public.

- Prohibits any transfer of firearm ownership.

- Requires US citizens to deliver any firearm they own to the local government collection and destruction center or face imprisonment.

Thoughts ATS?

~Keeper

beforeitsnews.com

[edit on 6/13/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It would be very very foolish for them to even attempt this. Not only would it wake up millions of sleeping Americans to their real agendas.. but probably cause a lot of violence. I can see them wanting the violence, but it seems to early in the game for them to pull that card. Will be watching this very closely though..

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Hmm, this is interesting.

International Gun Ban Treaty? From the UN?

Aren't the UN the most innefective government in the world at regulating their own resolutions and laws?

I thought so.

This is a good read, although I'm not sure how serious we should take the article, but it sure fits in line with what we all think is coming from the PTB.

Some things supposedly included in the the treaty:

Obama continues to work to keep the UN Treaty cloaked in secrecy, so that there will be no publicized gun control debates in the media or votes in Congress. Take action now, do not wake up one morning and find that the United States has signed a UN treaty that:

- Requires US citizens to deliver any firearm they own to the local government collection and destruction center or face imprisonment.

Thoughts ATS?

~Keeper

beforeitsnews.com

[edit on 6/13/2010 by tothetenthpower]

What you don't know is that the UN is the vehicle being created and used by the globalist elite for the coming one world government; the very first and only planetary regime on Earth.

Look at the image. What does the UN have to say about free, private gun ownership?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I gotta laugh at the concept, considering the spike in ammunition and firearms sales since Obama took office I would think it political suicide to basically crush one of the few markets that has been booming even while the rest of the economy is in shambles.

The thing is most manufacturers of guns and ammo do not sell directly to the public but to a business which then marks the product up and in turn sells it to the people. I don't think I have once purchased anything directly from the company but through middle-men.

That being said the chances of some folks willingly turning in their guns to be destroyed is lower than whale feces on the bottom of the Mariana Trench, some of mine were inherited from my deceased mother so those won't be going anywhere, period.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Ohh I do know trust me. That's what the UN was created for. It's a shame it's innefective, which will make the "attempted" transition much more difficult.

They will never be able to take away American guns though, that's a suicide mission for them.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm not American, so none of this will affect me directly, but for what it's worth, in light of the current political climate of lying scumbag, bought and paid for politicians, and corporate rule where profits always come before people and rights, i would advise any American reading this, to DEFEND your right to bear arms to the utmost of your capability.

Once your country's citizenry is armless and effectively powerless, you will be amazed at just how fast TPTB will strip away any last remaining semblance of constitutional rights you have.

DO NOT give up your rights to bear arms or your weapons.

Once you do, nothing will stop the mafia posing as government from running right over you.

At least with millions of weapons amongst the population, it causes the bastards to pause for thought.

Good luck to you.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
my apologies for all the following taking up so much room
but I thought it tells the story fairly well

last years news

www.washingtontimes.com...
"What we've done is said that we support [the ratification of] this measure. It's up to the Congress of the United States to follow through on that,"
the U.S. administration promised its neighbor that it would push the treaty.
Known by its Spanish acronym, CIFTA, the 1997 pact seeks to cut down illegal firearms manufacturing and trafficking by imposing standardized controls on the import, export and transit of weapons and related materials for countries throughout the Western Hemisphere.

this years news
www.washingtontimes.com...

This week, the Obama administration announced its support for the United Nations Small Arms Treaty. This international agreement poses real risks for freedom both in the United States and around the world by making it more difficult - if not outright illegal - for law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms.
This U.N. treaty will lead to more gun control in America. "After the treaty is approved and it comes into force, you will find out that it has this implication or that implication and it requires the Congress to adopt some measure that restricts ownership of firearms," former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations John R. Bolton warns. "The [Obama] administration knows it cannot obtain this kind of legislation purely in a domestic context. ... They will use an international agreement as an excuse to get domestically what they couldn't otherwise."

The U.N. Small Arms Treaty opens a back door for the Obama administration to force through gun control regulations. Threats to the Second Amendment are as real today as ever.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Mexico's President Addresses US Congress
www1.voanews.com...

Mexico's president is appealing directly to the American people and their elected leaders to reform immigration laws, and strengthen gun control along the U.S.-Mexican border.

The Mexican president was cheered as he entered the House chamber, and was introduced by Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

"I have the high privilege and distinct honor of presenting to you, his Excellency Felipe Calderon Hinojosa, the President of Mexico," said Nancy Pelosi.

From his first words, this speech was different.

"It is a great honor to stand before you today," said President Calderon.

Usually, foreign leaders address Congress in their native language. But President Calderon chose English, instead of Spanish.

"I have come here as your neighbor, as your partner, as your ally, and as your friend," he said.

It was a sign that his remarks were not designed for domestic consumption in Mexico, but rather to capture the attention of the American public.

He spoke bluntly, as sometimes only a friend can do. He talked about border violence, and the need to find a way to curb illegal immigration.

The Mexican leader said comprehensive immigration reform is critical to border security.

"What we need today is to fix a broken and inefficient system," said Felipe Calderon.

President Calderon went on to criticize a new law in the border state of Arizona that requires police to question anyone they believe may be in the country illegally. That law was sparked, in part, by an outbreak of violence along the border.

Mexico's president said his government is making an all out effort to go after criminals and drug gangs responsible for the bloodshed. He said America must do its part by re-imposing a ban on the sale of military-style semi-automatic weapons.

Mr. Calderon said these assault weapons are fueling the violence.

"We have seized 75,000 guns and assault weapons in Mexico in the last three years," he said. "On more than 80 percent of those we have been able to trace, [they] came from the United States."

The Mexican president was the first foreign head of state or government to address Congress this year. On Wednesday, he was honored at the White House with all the trappings of a state visit.

the above looks like a load of it see here:
www.youtube.com...

April 02, 2009 — Fox gives further evidence from another source that as little as 17% of the guns seized at Mexican gun crimes are actually derived from the USA. An ex-border patrol expert talks about auto- versus semi-auto versions of the AR-15. The Government (in particular Eric Holder, Hilary Clinton and the BATFE) has tried countless times to mislead the citizens and Congress.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I have a rather large gun collection, and an ammunition collection that rivals small nations. They will never get my guns without a fight. And I will arm up to 35 people when the time comes. They can bring it. I'll be long dead by the time something like this takes hold.

The SAT will need to be ratified by our senate before it can take effect. And unless they have a death wish, they will NOT pass it. This treaty alone would cause a revolutionary war in this country. That's a guarantee.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
House Bill 45, the anti-gun rights campaign begins in earnest
defmech.blogivists.com...

January 19, 2009 | Tagged anti-gun Democrats, Danger of confiscation, futility of gun control, gun ownership, New gun registration bill | 63 Comments
The first formal volley in what is projected to be an Obama Administration onslaught on the Second Amendment was fired when H.R. 45 was introduced into the new congress on January 6th by Representative Rush (D) Chicago, Illinois. H.R. 45 is a bill that licenses owners of handguns and semi-automatic weapons with magazine wells. The bill also registers handguns and semi-autos upon transfers, which must be conducted through a licensed dealer, with a few exceptions for family members and temporary loans to presumably licensed individuals. (Interestingly enough, you seemingly could transfer a gun to an 18-year old offspring without a registered event, but you apparently could not transfer the same weapon to a spouse without going through a licensed dealer. Who would of thunk it?)

In an Orwellian twist, a person under 18 may only effectively possess a firearm in an act of self-defense, after magically gaining access to the gun in violation of the law, having had no previous legally sanctioned training in the use of firearms. (This looks a lot like the D.C. gun ban which requires either precognition of a break-in or criminal agreement to a “time out” that allows the gun owner to assemble/unlock a weapon for defensive use.)

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The Theorist

I agree, if there is one thing that would lead the US to an uprising or a civil war, it would be the removal of the 2nd amendment.

There is no way, even with some sort of false flag to usher support for such laws that this would happen.

People are VERY serious about their guns in the US. And rightfully so.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think it's a good thing.

Now back to reality. If you tried to seize America's guns or prohibit them from owning or purchasing them, well this government is in for a ride of their lifetime. Just ask Bill Clinton what happened with his gun control legislation. Then multiply that times ten because it is an extra governmental treaty, and many on the right already don't trust the UN.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

I can't help but thing that Americans have to be the most paranoid people on the face of the earth. The last time we had an oppressive regime was over 200 years ago. The Canadians let it go and so did the Europeans, and Europe was under oppression 1,000 times worse then what we had to deal with and that was only 70 years ago.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

the 1968 gun bill is apparently almost word for word the same as the pre war NAZI gun ban

CANADIANS HATE GUN REGISTRATION
IT was a bazillion dollar boon dogle

if you don't re register every three years the POLICE show up at your door
with a writ and a list and say
GIMMEE yo GUNS BOY

we KNOW it's a totalitarian move and we are watching the whole thing really carefully
we know in every country where guns are TAKEN AWAY crime rates DOUBLE cause now the criminals are STILL ARMED and the VICTIMS are NOT....

we know if you dile 911 during a crime the cops are NOT obligated to show up
gun owners STOP 2 MILLON crimes every year in the states.

the police here were caught selling guns out the back door during a major gun amnesty
the police were caught dressed as protesters while throwing rocks at the police

the same AIPAC zionazies that ran HITLER own our politicoconutcases
and yours too
we watch and wait

Don't you dare give up your guns
thats the last thing THEY are scared of

watch for guns for food though coming to an impoverished neibourhood near you...and rats too...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Mybe they should ban guns from being made period. Guns have never done any good, and never will do any good.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Don't quote me but I think it's against our own Constitution to even comply with any other international agreements made inside our own soil...
So as I see it, if a treaty gets passed, that is solely unconstitutional, we HAVE to fight against it.
No other choice.

Oh yeah and when it comes to it, you're either with me, or against me...
...and I don't like people who are against me.
Either way, I don't see this coming to fruition.
But, can guarantee they won't get anything from me. Arms or not.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Mybe they should ban guns from being made period. Guns have never done any good, and never will do any good.

That's not true.

The greatest conflicts of our time were solved by war. I don't agree with it, but that's the reality.

Picture a state in the US, we'll take Texas for example.

If you want to rob a convenience store, but go in there, and cannot figure out how many other people in the store, have a firearm, which they can legally use to stop you from hurting other people, are you going to rob the convenience store?

Probably, but you'll think about it twice as the risks of harm to yourself has just increased exponentially.

Guns on some level, or weapons in general, to prevent some people from doing stupid things.

Besides, the 2nd amendment was placed in the Constitution so that American citizens could protect themselves against the government.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

watch for guns for food though coming to an impoverished neibourhood near you...and rats too...

Hmmmmm, rats.

I hear they taste like chicken. Gamey, but like chicken. Hmmmm..scrumptious.

What i'm really saying here, is if i were in your place, i'd rather eat roasted rat before i swapped my only personal security (guns) for food.

[edit on 13/6/2010 by spikey]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I can't take this seriously. This threat has been made by sources like WND and "Before it's news" should be called "after it's news".

www.undispatch.com...

One of the most persistent stories about the UN that is circulated by people, who, shall we say, are pre-disposed to believing conspiracy theories, is that the UN is plotting to take Americans' guns away. The latest manifestation of this meme occurred last month on the blog of National Association of Gun Rights, which is circulating an online petition to demand that the Senate vote against the UN "Arms Control Treaty."
This fall, Secretary Clinton made clear that the United States would support the arms trade treaty process. However, understanding that any treaty requires senate passage, the United States set one big condition on the treaty negotiation process: that it proceed by consensus. This means that unanimity is required for all votes, which, in turn, gives the United States an effective veto over the entire process. This has not seem to quell the conspiracy spinners, who apparently remain convinced that the UN is plotting to take Americans' guns away. But the fact of the matter is, this treaty process is all about restricting the international transfer of small arms to irresponsible end users, like terrorist groups, militias that use child soldiers, or governments that use the weapons to commit terrible human rights abuses.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join