It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff's deputies raid Sizzler steak houses in Phoenix, detain 9 in fraudulent document probe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I don't live in AZ, but last year I got a job simply because the owner of the business had to let go of 11 illegals he was employing and needed quick legal replacements.

As far as I know he didn't receive any criminal action.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

You're not derailing at all. Thanks for your input. And you're right, many employers are complicit in this and need to be more diligent in their paperwork checks. I know that for many years any time I have started a new job I have had to provide proof of citizenship, as has anyone else. Now whether those documents have been verified or not I really do not know. I always thought employers were supposed to check these things, at least the law here in TN requires that they do. Whether they do or not may be a different story.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

Very true realmatrix! Thats worth repeating again:

9 NEW JOB POSITIONS OPEN FOR LEGAL AMERICANS TO BE ABLE TO SUPPORT THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES NOW!!!

I just had to repeat what realmatrix said.

As this continues in Arizona, LOTS of legal folks will be able to get their life back and become employed and support themselves and their families. Folks have suffered enough due to ILLEGALS taking up many job positions in that state.

GOOD JOB ARIZONA.

Thanks realmatrix for that excellent point.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Shine71]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Congrats for your getting a job!
I know a lot of people who have been laid off for a long time and need one.

Sort of makes you wonder if the reason the employer got rid of the illegals was because of doing the right thing, or if ICE or the State was investigating them and they were just trying to get clean.

Regardless, good luck with your job.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

I got fired 2 days later, shortest job I've ever had.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tbonethedstroyer

I know what you're saying is true because, here in Los Angeles, a couple times in the past the sheriff has released prisoners due to prison overcrowding. Despite an outcry from the legislature, the governor, the chief of police and everybody else, if the sheriff says do it, it's done. Before then, I had no idea of his power.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join