It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff's deputies raid Sizzler steak houses in Phoenix, detain 9 in fraudulent document probe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Sheriff's deputies raid Sizzler steak houses in Phoenix, detain 9 in fraudulent document probe

www.foxnews.com

PHOENIX (AP) — Sheriff's deputies raided two Sizzler steak house restaurants in Phoenix, arresting nine employees who are suspected of being illegal immigrants and using fraudulent documents to get jobs.

The Saturday raids were part of an investigation into whether the operators of the two Sizzler locations broke a civil law by knowingly hiring illegal immigrants.

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office says in a statement that it received a tip from a former Sizzler manager who claimed he had been fired for his refusal to hire employees without the proper documents.

A message left a
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit to correct headline

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Wayne60]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
We need to see more of this. Immigration laws being enforced at the source of the problem...the employers who hire the illegals. How often we are reading and hearing of employers not being diligent in conducting background checks as required. Great job to Maricopa County, AZ for following up on a complaint.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit to correct subject

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Wayne60]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

I agree with this. Despite all the hoopla about racial profiling, I suspect they're going to be targeting employers more than anything else. As it should be. Work here, immigrants, just fill out the forms and do it right!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I'm sorry these people who were arrested, that their lives are going to change drastically, but, on the other hand - those jobs are American jobs for American families to live on. And should stay that way IMO...

Keep up the good work Arizona!

peace

[edit on 13-6-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oops! I thought I had it corrected but I guess I missed a part.

Need more java, java java

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Ah I see, so the roundup begins!

I wonder if Joe "Sieg Heil" Arpaio will be putting these "dirty illegals" in his internment camps.

Soon the "cleansing" of the race will begin right Arizona? I wonder if people down there are practicing their goose step?

Then of course there will be the inevitable "gas leak" in the prison, killing all these inmates.

Arizona makes me sick.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Yuk.

That is disgusting. I don't know how you can even eat at a Sizzler's with illegal immigrants working as staff. What about the Salad Bar?

It's bad enough as it is without a bunch of fraud committing illegal workers in there.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yeah, it's a bit much to ask that guests in our country obey our laws. What a drag.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'm sorry if Arizona makes you sick. I personally am very proud to live in Arizona and what this state is doing to combat ILLEGAL immigration. There is nothing wrong with wanting to work and live in the U.S., as long as its done legally.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
great, i already see where this is going.

"illegal" is the new "terrorist". the patriot act's popularity is diminishing so they need a new (fill_in_the_blank) to raid our houses looking for.and to save us from.

im not saying they arent a problem, im just saying if we let the feds handle it, they will surely exaggerate and perpetuate the problem, rather than fix it.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Internet Hoax. FoxNews is notorious for funning at ATS types and materials.

If you linger long enough on hyperlink, you might find the all to familiar jail-suited 'alien' in orange, with the given green card.

It's rather obvious from the read, as INS are the ones that truly handle illegal aliens, that is of course, the real human ones, utiliizing resources for ill-gotten gain.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

That is exactly right. No one has any problems with all of those who have immigrated here and have followed our laws. To them we say Welcome home our brothers and sisters. But to those who have shown their deliberate intention to circumvent the system, and violate our laws, then they need to return to their homeland.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I wonder if Joe "Sieg Heil" Arpaio will be putting these "dirty illegals" in his internment camps.

Soon the "cleansing" of the race will begin right Arizona? I wonder if people down there are practicing their goose step?

Then of course there will be the inevitable "gas leak" in the prison, killing all these inmates.

Arizona makes me sick.

Nice troll post.

Too bad you failed.

Way too obvious.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Arizona is not sickening for following their laws. What is sickening is for those who would cry out for the laws of the land to be followed on one hand, and then to say "oh wait minute, we need to lower our cost of doing business so let's hire some illegals and pay sub-minimum wage or reduce their benefits so we can increase our profits." That's what is sickening.

The employers who hire illegals need to be facing the consequences for their actions.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Arizona makes me sick.

People like you crack me up. How many times have we heard about how "racist" the Arizona law is and how they (Arizona State Government) should be going after that employers of illegal aliens rather than the illegal aliens themselves? Now that the state of Arizona did just that, you come along whining and crying about how it is a "cleansing" of a certain race. That is an awful big jump to make, and to top it all off you work your rant into how they will die from a "gas leak" in jail.

Can you please back up that claim by showing me ANYONE of ANY RACE who died from a "gas leak" in a US jail?

Now that you looked and failed to actually find such an instance (because there is NONE), can you please tell us how you came to that conclusion?

These are people who are in this country illegally and thus working in this country illegally. There are MILLIONS of LEGAL citizens of ALL races, colors, and ethnic backgrounds who are currently looking for a job and can not get one. Yet I am supposed to feel like a "racist" because people are who are NOT supposed to be working here get arrested for doing exactly what they are not supposed to be doing to begin with? Are you freakin kidding me? You can not really believe the nonsense you are posting here... it defies not only logic but simple common sense.

It is people like you who keep racism alive and well in this country by bringing race to the fore front of any debate that has nothing to do with race but has everything to do with the LAW. Are you going to defend a child molester, murderer, or car thief? Of course you wouldn't...because they broke THE LAW, and anyone who is in this country who did not go through the proper channels to be here is breaking THE LAW. You can not have it both ways, you are either in support of the law as a means to live in a civilized society, or you are against the law and believe people should live in a free for all world and do as they please. Please pick a side.

It amazes me that people like you can not understand a simple concept like "the law". If you were to (god forbid) be robbed, raped, murdered, assaulted, car jacked or victimized in any way at all you would be screaming for justice from the rooftops and you would want the person who victimized you to be arrested and tossed in jail. Why? Because by victimizing you, they broke THE LAW. Yet here we have people who are willingly and knowingly breaking THE LAW, and it is wrong to arrest them for it? Seriously... give me a break from your gibberish, it is absolutely insulting to anyone with an IQ above single digits.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Apparently there are now 9 new job openings in the Phoenix area for local citizens to claim and support their families. There should be more of this happening nationwide.

Good job AZ!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I love the Sheriffs! Supreme enforcers of the land!

"What does all this mean today in the Battle for America? Sheriff Mack says it proves that the sheriff is the highest governmental authority in his county. Within that jurisdiction – inside his county – the sheriff has more power than the governor of his state. Indeed, the sheriff has more power in his county than the President of the United States. In his county, he can overrule the President and kick his people out. Remember, the President has few and limited powers.

What? The sheriff can do that? He’s not just a character in a movie? That’s right. Not only can the sheriff do that; sheriffs have already done that, more than once. Most Americans are not aware of that because........."

www.newswithviews.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Im with you guys..
I am proud of AZ.. Finally, a state government that grows some
balls and stands up FOR THEIR LEGAL CITIZENS....

Thank you Arizona for renewing my belief in the American system..

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It looks like this investigation has been ongoing for about a year according to AZ Central

by Dustin Gardiner - Jun. 12, 2010 03:45 PM
The Arizona Republic

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's deputies on Saturday served search warrants on two Sizzler steak houses in Phoenix suspected of employing illegal immigrants.

According to a statement from Lt. Brian Lee, deputies arrested nine employees who they believe are using fraudulent identification to gain employment.

The Sizzlers targeted in the raid are located at 5060 W. Indian School Road and 10460 N. 28th Drive, the statement said.

Saturday's arrests followed a year-long investigation into a tip from a former manager who claims he was fired by the restaurant for being unwilling to hire employees without proper identification, Lee said.

The manager was reportedly offered three months severance for not going to law enforcement, Lee said. He said deputies were looking for 23 suspects wanted for identity theft, including one who has been deported three times and has been hired back by Sizzler each time upon his return.

Sheriff Arpaio said, "This is another example of a case where desperately needed jobs are being occupied by illegal aliens who have disregarded our laws and our borders."

The Sheriff's Office said a manager at the Indian School location was fined $1,000 by the federal government in the late 1980s for knowingly hiring illegal immigrants.

When asked about the raids, an employee answering the phone at the Sizzler location near the Metrocenter Mall said, "We're not interested in a (newspaper) subscription" and ended the call.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Not meant to derail, but I've watched one of the "mexican interviews" at my place of employment.

The prospective employee wasn't even on the premises. His "translator" was fielding questions about the blank spaces he (assuming the translator) left on the application.

One of the most telling questions was when he asked "Is he a citizen?", translator nodded, supervisor checked 'yes'.

The employers are completely complicit in this outrage, and I hope they wise up soon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join