It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poltergeist Caught On Camera - Real Deal Or CG?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Came across this video on You tube and thought it was interesting. Is this real or not? I'm thinking it's CGI or some other method. You be the judge.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This happens when the invisible man visits and there is no beer in your house.

I don't know, but as long as I keep beer in my fridge I hope to see it never happen in my house.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It seems so staged, I am inclined to believe this is just a hoax, it has that flair of Hollywood in how things are happening.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
It is still dark out in my city and my room is pitched black. This scared me crazy. Fake or not. I love this video.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hornum

To be perfectly honest it looks so incredibly fake to me.
I mean don't get me wrong It's a nice video and everything but when it comes to taking it seriously for it's paranormal merit I think it fails big time.

Also I have to admit it really does remind me of most haunted alot as well especially taking a quick look at his other videos and believe me he looks like he's addicted to poltergeists as that's all he seems to want to post.
But It reminds me of Most Haunted because It’s just so funny how all the activity that he is supposedly catching seems to be occurring conveniently as he starts filming or as soon as he wants it to happen.

It’s just incredibly unrealistic

And when it kicks off Ooohhhh Boy does it kick off as well!
Who knows maybe it's genuine paranormal activity and I’m wrong here or maybe it's just a lonely person trying to create as much activity as he possibly can to pull in the watcher to believe his fake videos.

I know which one I think it is.

....I'm calling Fake.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Amazing video I must say.

And there is a lot of it apparently.

In the video you linked, look closely at the silverware drawer when it opens and all the spoons/forks fly out. CRAZY stuff...

Thats the video from your link.

Check out these other videos the same person posted recently.

In the bathroom.

Notice the candle on the toilet suddenly lights itself?? LOL Weird stuff for sure!!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I thought the way the forks and knives flew out at 0:18 was very interesting.

I've got nothing more to add, just an observation.

Wait, scroll down in his video list... You'll see that he apparently faked all of it... he even made a how to video.

This idiot gives ghost hunting a bad name

[edit on 13-6-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

At 0:09 on your second video the bathroom item in the cupboard has a motion expected from stop-animation.

I think these are totally fake now, he's just fabricating ghost videos for attention, the second video with the splice around 0:09 gave it away.

A combination of stop animation and live animation with strings.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This stuff is out there for sure. I cannot tell if its fake. It looks very real to me. A super well done fake, at least lol.

Three camera angles of the kitchen.

The lights start flickering on and off real fast, and the guy who sets up the cameras walks in.

As he picks up the camera he turns night vision on, and he starts exploring. It is really funny near the end, he says "Hello?" and stuff is still getting knocked over and hes like "Thanks for scaring the **** out of me!". LOL!

In the bedroom...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
at about 6 seconds in, look at the tiles above the stove, slightly to the left.

they change a little bit.
that happens again at least once, later, but i didn't note at what time.

on youtube, there are some comments addressing such a thing.

i think it must be faked.
the destruction seems too orderly, too, if that makes sense.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

At 0:09 on your second video the bathroom item in the cupboard has a motion expected from stop-animation.

I keep watching that over and over and don't see any stop animation. I see full animation.

Could you maybe tell us which item we are suppose to be looking at?

I was looking at the moving object of deodorant or whatever it is.

It slid to the left a little, and turned a bit. Then it jumped and spun a bit.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
interesting, but nothing that cannot be staged.

I think that these videos will keep people arguing for a few days.

My opinion is it is hoaxed. all of the items moving can be moved by invisible string. i notice that the lynx showergel didnt get knocked onto the floor.

this is probably because it snapped, or he didnt want to ge the floor messy.

forks and spoons, spring loaded.

he has obviosuly put a lot of effort into it, but i dont buy it.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB

this is probably because it snapped, or he didnt want to ge the floor messy.

In the other videos I saw at least 500-1000$ in damages being done.

Glass cups were being thrown and shattered. A mirror got snapped in half, a full sized mirror too. There is some actual costly damages going on here.

If this is a hoax, he is investing $$$ into it. His budget is at least 1000$ +

Here is a video where he shows everyone the kitchen, and talks a bit about all of it.

Some things he says makes me wonder if he hoaxes it too.

But some of the events look extremely well done, like top notch.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
wow, pretty cool. Of course we'll never know if this is fake or not but it's certainly harder to debunk than most and I do believe that poltergeist are sometimes a real phenomenon. I would like to see the poltergeist levitate an object rather than just knock them over.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Check out the 'orbs' at 4:17 in the video muzzleflash posted.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

Looks like Dust particles floating about to me.
Nothing paranormal here.....

I'm still calling Hoax on these videos though to be honest mainly because of the person posting them. (The person posting them on youtube, Not on ATS)

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

In the other videos I saw at least 500-1000$ in damages being done. Glass cups were being thrown and shattered. A mirror got snapped in half, a full sized mirror too. There is some actual costly damages going on here.

have you ever actually handled money? like ever use it?

because this stuff is junk that you can get at argos for like £50 usually less.

thats his budget. £50 or less.

so you are saying a cheap pine mirror = £600
A few glasses = £100

you can get packs of drinking glasses for £1

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by Arkady

Looks like Dust particles floating about to me.
Nothing paranormal here.....

I'm still calling Hoax on these videos though to be honest mainly because of the person posting them. (The person posting them on youtube, Not on ATS)

Thye look FAKE to me. They appear at the exact moment that he 'discovers' the mess in the living room, what are the chances? I suspect they were added in as an 'easter egg' for his true believers as they would be fairly easy to miss.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

Yeah and by adding them He's not exactly got anything to lose has he?
If people notice them then it's very easy to jump to a paranormal conclusion, if people don’t notice them then the rest of the video could convince them.

If it is fake and he's added it himself then it’s a nice touch.

Looking at all of his videos though I’m more than convinced he’s a faker…Annoyingly.

Would be really nice to actually see something real for once but I guess it’s just not to be for now.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
these videos are really interesting. at first glance i definitely thought these vids were faked. but now watchin the vid that muzzleflash posted and those orbs flyin by at 4:17 i'm not quite sure. i really don't think that's dust, dust doesn't show up on a video camera unless a direct light, like a flash from a camera or sunlight, coming through, and his shades are closed in the living room. also they change direction rather sharply. dust usually will float slowly and only changes direction if there's a current of air, which i would think all 3 would go in the same direction, but these all go different ways. also they're movement is very sporadic, they just don't seem natural. i really don't know though, if these vids are faked, he does a really good job. nice post

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join