It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We Believe Bob Lazar?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by LiberLegit
This is why the Phil Schneider story is so ridiculous, as well as Bob Lazar. I think Bob is an extremely smart person, but he uses this knowledge to create semi-believeable pseudo-science...he's like a glorified nerd having a field day with people dumb enough to believe him haha.

Okay so let me ask this...

A person... any person whether a Janitor, a cook or a top level scientist working at any such facility comes out to 'spill the beans'

What... in your opinion... would be an acceptable and believable story?

We all know places like Area 51 have top secret projects. Many at ATS believe there is something to do with Aliens or Saucers. So when someone comes out and says... "Yeah I was there and saw this..." what do people do? Well they ridicule them, they don't believe a word they say, and they make jokes about a persons character without ever having talked to them...

So in a sense we are our own worst enemy. There will NEVER be disclosure... EVER... because no one will ever believe what anyone says if it doesn't fit with what they THINK it should be. Short of dragging an Alien body out of a top secret facility... or hi-jacking a reverse engineered saucer and taking a CNN crew for a spin, NOTHING will ever be good enough evidence... NOTHING will ever be proof enough.

Funny thing is a janitor is an invisible person... and sees everything... and the cook... well any NAVY person can tell you that the ship cook knows EVERYTHING.

But as long as people have preconceived ideas about what the truth should be, they will never find any real truth... because they will dismiss and ridicule it all... to the point that no one knows what is real.

So yawl enjoy your bliss... and keep laughing it up

edit on 31-12-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

Well said Zorgon

That just sums up the whole scenario, some will drop the axe first without bothering to look at the face.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike I'm 75% convinced he has done some hoaxing, but 25% unknown.

John Lear is about 15-20% real, rest fabricated after the fact.
I also see that with many current 'insiders' their original story has merit... then as they enjoy the notoriety, they seem to feel the need to add things as they go, which in the end only shoots down their credibility.

Bob told his story then left 'the field' as it were. Bill Uhouse had one story, but in interviews he added answers to questions based on what he thought they wanted to hear... His main story was highly detailed and never changing... the rest was filled with contradictions. So all that does is muddy the water and make a believable person turn into a 'crackpot'

They are all getting old fast... so now we add memory loss to the equation... and since the stories are picked up, regurgitated by endless websites, twisted around, stuff added to the mix... well soon these guys will all be dead and the only 'evidence' we will have left is the twisted versions that are most prominent on the web. And any smidgen of truth will be so buried it may never see the light of day.

Your reply could find itself at home on the Ramey Memo thread! 'Cause I've been saying almost as much.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

John Lear is about 15-20% real, rest fabricated after the fact.

I meant that in relation to John's belief about Billy Meire case
in case you misinterpret what I meant

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
10% here and 20% there, before ya know it, you have enough info for a statistically significant bias...

That is if you are open minded.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
10% here and 20% there, before ya know it, you have enough info for a statistically significant bias...
That is if you are open minded.

Well 10% is a lot...if you consider the thousands of reports, sightings, abductions, insiders stories etc... I would be happy enough if just 1% was true

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HRegressor
Knapp swears by Lazar, only because he talked to other Area 51 employees behind the cameras who confirmed Lazar's presence their.

Me believe Lazar? I do but the only question I have is why the hell he and his wife owned a brothel???

not necessarily, just because he might have been an employee at Area 51 doesn't mean he would be telling the whole truth, he's lied about his credentials, he's no actual knowledge of nuclear physics which has been verified by an accredited actual theoretical physicist.

And according to Norio Hayakawa in one incident he was found laughing when Lazar attended a lecture about Area 51 and people were talking seriously about S4 and that sort of crap.

To me that indicates a big sign that Bob Lazar is either hoaxing people, or he is a paid dis-information agent (somewhat unlikely).

The whole brothel thing, from i've read seems to be a misunderstanding as Lazar was installing video-surveillance equipment.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Strangely enough one of those pictures reminded me of the hanger they stored ^mother ships in. Closest description I could use would be the ID4 hive model from the 1950's. Whats interesting is that there was a strange liaison between the aliens and the human drones enslaved to maintain their ships. The s/he alien would sometimes call one of my crazy Irish co workers and speak in tongues. I'll call the human officer boss M since he was the human that was responsible for the mother ship. So anyways boss M would get a phone call from a distant galaxy and talk to this higher entity in loud annoying tongues easily heard over the wall of my cubicle. Then lucky me would get sent out to the hanger to open the hanger door and let a new ^ship fly in. boss M used different terminology to describe the process but essentially it was just waiting for each craft to spin down before opening the hanger door. These saucers were very strange, we unloaded all sorts of exotic cargo from Llamas to pasta fazool (I never asked). They had a very strict inventory control with the initials assigned to the owner of each alien cargo. Could be a case of mistaken identity on my part but the technology does look familiar.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I don't know if I believe him or not, it burdens my mind thinking about it and the stuff he says. There are little tidbits of surprising information here and there about him, I am particularly interested in element 115 as further testing can prove that it reacts as he says it does, giving his story about working at S4 a bit of credibility (as well as the technological potential of it). The base element is apparently not stable, but it can be made stable by adding neutrons though we don't have the technology to accurately do this. This is all assuming what I read about it is true, it probably is.

Another point is his work/educational history and the fact that it appears to have been tampered with. This doesn't mean that he is telling the truth, but it does mean that there is something fishy going on one way or another. A confirmation beyond reasonable doubt that he attended MIT would lend him great credibility. The fact that he appears to have worked at Los Alamos should be examined more aggressively, what did he do there? Assuming he had it at that time (its probable for a physicist), what internet provider did he use during this time and where did he live? That sounds invasive, but lets agree that it is an important subject. If hes a hoaxer, he deserves the scrutiny, if hes not then he deserves to be verified. If he is unable to answer these questions then it leans towards falsification, who are some of the people he has associated with throughout his life? This can tell us everything and some people would question him with civility, I would question him aggressively due to the gravity of the situation (pun intended).

I am a poker player and would like to think that I am good at judging someones honestly by listening to various aspects of their voice. What is odd about Bob Lazar is that he appears as if he is certain and does not show any creative, storytelling red flags when he talks about the craft and his experiences at groom lake, however, when he talks about seemingly unimportant things related to his personal life (things that can be proven) it appears as if he is lying and stumbling with his words. This could be taken as just being his personality, he is possibly better at lying than telling the truth, so the signs he shows would be reversed. Anyone with a well fabricated story can do this with consistency regardless of personality, especially given that they might have time to 'study' before an interview. Lets snatch and grab his butt on the street with a generic white van and question him intensely, only then will we know if there are really flying saucers at groom lake, just kidding, but its an interesting thought.

I am not impressed by his skepticism about everything else as anyone can easily make up their mind about something and refuse further input about anything else, this forum proves that.

I really would like to believe Bob Lazar, IF what he is saying is true, its pretty #ing awesome to say the least, at the same time its a shame. I can't lend Bob Lazar any credibility because he cannot be proven beyond reasonable doubt. A lot of the things he says and ways that he speaks sound a little off, this could just be social awkwardness though, on the other hand he has a few things that point to him telling the truth. With words and conversation there is really no way for us to know, maybe the future will yield new evidence as it usually does.
edit on 1-1-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Apparently Bob Lazar is running the United Nuclear website.

Anybody try his caffeine soap? Sounds interesting. Also cheap gold plated magnet rings....peltier chips...ultraviolet LED's....this Bob Lazar has lots of stuff cheap.

Should we believe him? Nahhh he just fell to a ploy which is common.

He was working on our military crap and some goofball told him it was alien tech. And he fell for it.

It was all former Nazi tech we've been wrenching on for decades. Poor guy.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HRegressor
Me believe Lazar? I do but the only question I have is why the hell he and his wife owned a brothel???

Got documentation on that from a valid source? Thanks

Originally posted by redrezo
he's no actual knowledge of nuclear physics which has been verified by an accredited actual theoretical physicist.

And that 'theoretical physicist' would be whom?

And according to Norio Hayakawa in one incident he was found laughing when Lazar attended a lecture about Area 51 and people were talking seriously about S4 and that sort of crap.

perhaps he laughed because something those people who were 'serious' were saying? Since those talking seriously about it have never been there, perhaps he laughed when someone said crap that he knew better about?

:@@;

The whole brothel thing, from I've read seems to be a misunderstanding as Lazar was installing video-surveillance equipment.

Got a valid link to THAT version?

I have read a lot of stuff over the years. Would be nice if people backed up what they say they have read with a link... so one could evaluate the source of such material. Just because someone wrote it, or said it, doesn't make it so.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I have read a lot of stuff over the years. Would be nice if people backed up what they say they have read with a link... so one could evaluate the source of such material. Just because someone wrote it, or said it, doesn't make it so.

go out and do the research then, none of us are writing a thesis for your sole amusement and pleasure. I never seen you back up your sources either, and if it is it's with woo woo fluff.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrezo
go out and do the research then, none of us are writing a thesis for your sole amusement and pleasure. I never seen you back up your sources either, and if it is it's with woo woo fluff.

So... in other words you don't know

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by redrezo

Real detailed first hand information about the Pleiadeans is likely to be hard to find, memories fade over the years and even a second hand account of a conversation is biased. General information about the Government Liaison doesn't explain much. Someone could even pose as a pervert or a fruit cake to hide their identity from someone in the proximity eaves dropping on the conversation.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by October

Why would you trust this guy? They are all jerks in some form or another. Regardless, I think Lazar is pretty entertaining.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
When lazar is proven a fake and a complete liar which no real evidence todate has done I will change my Avatar and buy everyone a beer on ats

edit on 3/1/11 by Bob Down Under because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
There are lots of points in support of Lazar's story, but also just as many that pose important questions and problems. Strictly from the evidence. it's hard to make a determination one way or the other. He's got documentation he worked there, but was it forged? He said he was at Los Alamos, and eventually he was found in the directory, but they say he wasn't there. He said he was at MIT, and some folks corroborated this, but the records do not. He knew when they were doing tests, and details of the base no outsider could know...and yet, his story is utterly fantastic in it's claims.

In the end, you have to go more on gut with Lazar, because the evidence is equally supplied on both sides. My gut tells me there's more truth in there than fiction, but that like Corso, he likely embellished his own importance/role in the whole affair.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The one thing that I think is interesting is his OMD number on his W-2 form when he worked for the US Navy has the lettters MAJ. (X-XXXXMAJ) Which may indicate MAJESTIC 12 or MJ-12. He claims he was their to replace some worker that died from an antimatter reactor explosion in 1987.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Alright cowboy, lets calm down here haha. I am neither a debunker or a believer, I just like to go where the believable information takes me. A person's rank in the government means nothing to me, I just find it hard to believe that someone who is of a low position would have ANY type of access to such information or be able to witness it. The best lies are the ones mixed with truth. If Bob Lazar claims he was involved with government activities and there is a W-2 form showing he received pay from the government, that doesn't prove anything. If anything, it proves that it is EASIER for him to lie because he has some speculative piece of vague evidence. Take Jesse Ventura for example, I watched his show and he just squeals about he was a Navy Seal, turns out he was just in a regiment which existed before the Seals and barely saw any action. These people take small bits of truth and distort them into fantastic fiction. Like when the media takes a bland story and spices it up by telling a lie or two. Proof to me? Pictures, and most importantly: Videos. Show me a picture or video Bob has which adds credibility, because documents on the internet can be forged until kingdom come. I don't care how well edited a pic/vid is, if it is edited SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, WILL FIND OUT, and that's the glory of it. Anyone can say anything they want and sound assuring to promote belief. I do find it sad though, that word-of-mouth isn't enough - an area like UFOlogy is LITTERED with hoaxery, blame my standards of proof on them, because otherwise I would love to believe these people's fascinating stories on first listen. To be really honest, I can believe a decent story of someone "seeing lights" etc. But fascinating claims require great evidence to prove, otherwise you're just writing a fiction novel and calling it non-fiction.

edit on 3-1-2011 by LiberLegit because: misspelling

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

I just can't believe anything related to the Billy Meier case. I mean, this is what he claims is a pic of an alien holding a laser gun.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d877d4759ca.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

So in a sense we are our own worst enemy. There will NEVER be disclosure... EVER... because no one will ever believe what anyone says if it doesn't fit with what they THINK it should be. Short of dragging an Alien body out of a top secret facility... or hi-jacking a reverse engineered saucer and taking a CNN crew for a spin, NOTHING will ever be good enough evidence... NOTHING will ever be proof enough.

LIES! LIES! LIES!

Bob Lazar, John Lear and one other unnamed person have the evidence, they just refuse to share it with anyone! They are your real enemies.

They claim to have a piece of something that could prove all of Bob's silly claims, solve all the worlds energy problems, save a bunch of lives, but instead they are keeping it all to themselves. And these same people want the government to disclose everything they know about extraterrestrials...

But as long as people have preconceived ideas about what the truth should be, they will never find any real truth... because they will dismiss and ridicule it all... to the point that no one knows what is real.

As long as we have people making wild claims, such as working on captured ET saucers, and then never presenting their proof of their claims, there will always be confusion as to what is real. That is their intention.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join