It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am sorry to report well is crippled down hole very long read

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
Well, I am very familiar with high pressure water cutters, and ancillary equipment.

The problem is in order to 'cap' a high pressure outlet, you have to interrupt the high pressure first.

It isnt a matter of just stuffing a valve on top of the leak.

It doesnt work that way.

This is my problem with the entire "kill" scenario in all its incarnations.

It doesn't logically seem to me that they will remove pressure from the wellbore by adding new wellbores. The pressure isn't from INSIDE the reservoir, it is from the weight above it.

Like a balloon. You poke holes one hole in it is drains air. You poke multiple, the pressure on each hole doesn't so much drop in the first poked hole right away so much as the balloon empties faster.

If the pressures don't drop significantly or quickly in the wellbore, all the kill scenarios fail. Particularly if the casing is compromised and the wellbore continues to collapse upwards.

This is why I am suggesting cement squeeze boreholes into the surrounding formation. "Box" the crumbling formation from "outside" the failing borehole.

[edit on 2010/6/22 by Aeons]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

60 minutes Australia did removed the video, only the transcripts remain and the photos are a joke

sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au...

PapinA on the Wirlpool forum found a mobile version of The Poison Tide video and that is what you are seeing here (which is why the quality is so poor).

forums.whirlpool.net.au...

Here it is on You Tube

www.youtube.com...

Several people emailed 60 min Au to ask why the video was removed, no one I know of has gotten a reply. Caledoz posted on the Whirlpool forum posted about phone calls to ch 9.

Some people have the 60 minutes US program The Blowout confused with the 60 minutes Australia program The Poison Tide. It is only the latter of the two which has been removed.

Michael Usher (The 60 min Au reporter) has a blog, I tried posting, I think it is no longer accepting post.

sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au...

The question remains....why would 60 minutes go to all the trouble of making the video, have it aired for 24 hours then let someone pressure or tell them to take it down? It is a question I would still like to know the answer to. It is probably found in who owns 60 minutes. If a corporation can shut down a source of news, what kind of reporting has that source been doing up till now? I encourage you to email them or call them to find out the answer.

the phone number is 02 9438 3433 or [email protected]

Personally I would like to see the removal of The Poison Tide become on of the hottest hits on the Internet, it certainly is not that way now.

It was a stroke of luck that 60 minutes got the clearance to go where other media were not allowed, its a moving program (and quite old by now).

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DanielLee50

Yeah, someone had a cached version of it for a while. But it's gone now. You should start a thread. It was a good video.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

Original Poster said:
We are seeing the puny forces of man vs the awesome forces of nature.
We are going to need some luck and a lot of effort to win...
and if nature decides we ought to lose, we will....

Today I came across the link I'm adding below and thought of ATS.
This is my second time replying to any post.
I can't say everything I read in the posted link below, is 'absolute truth'
but enough rang true for me to post the link.

The blogger at the bottom of that link stated:

"If you find value in these words the key is to let others know about the article and related links. Please share this link: hottrainingmaterials.com..."

So I've posted the link in this replay hoping that whatever is in it that is 'true' will be what we need to know when we need to know it.

Light and Love

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
US Orders Blackout Over North Korean Torpedoing Of Gulf Of Mexico Oil Rig

www.libertarianrepublican.net...

A grim report circulating in the Kremlin today written by Russia’s Northern Fleet is reporting that the United States has ordered a complete media blackout over North Korea’s torpedoing of the giant Deepwater Horizon oil platform owned by the World’s largest offshore drilling contractorTransocean that was built and financed by South Korea’s Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd., that has caused great loss of life, untold billions in economic damage to the South Korean economy, and an environmental catastrophe to the United States.

(con't on above link)

Believable?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadiansenior70
Believable?

Anything that starts off with "A grim report circulating in the Kremlin today..." is usually:

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

Sorcha Faal... Internet Hoax Queen Courtesy of David Booth...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yea, whats up with the Kremlin? Why are these kind of reports coming from there, (the second one I've read this week). I certainly don't believe what they state about N. Korea torpedoing the Gulf oil rig, that is just totally insane. Isn't it?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by canadiansenior70
Believable?

Anything that starts off with "A grim report circulating in the Kremlin today..." is usually:

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

Sorcha Faal... Internet Hoax Queen Courtesy of David Booth...

It is practically the conundrum of the era. The 'media' simply throw crap about anything everywhere, and if it's seedy writing like the 'torpedoing', it gets handed to a link such as sordha faal. Next, the artificial intelligence computers take a look at the data and tptb proceed with what they perceive to be the least path of resistance, or the most bang for the buck, on every story at all times. They are sitting back and monitoring interest or non-interest, approval or disapproval, wagering how ripe we are for whatever they want to manufacture, sell, distribute....while the media do the sales and promotion. It is very new, you know, this media leveraging trick. Before telescreens it was nigh impossible to pull this stuff off.

My intellingence insists that the internet must be dominated by them, or they lose. All these fringe stories will be put to example as they take a course of action, and dispel the wilder ones (sorcha faal) as reasons why the net needs censoring (I was going to write 'monitoring and censoring' but monitoring started decades ago). We all know who cass sunstein is and what he represents: the first little toe to test the waters of net censorship. All we can do is watch, and call them out, and creatively 'pre-sell' their nefarious contingency plans, as best as we can, and pray. There is no such thing as personal power, in the higher sense, only that of being in synch with it. I believe we shall see undeclared miracles in turning them back, away.

Without a free net, we would not know about anything. You cannot just go to a library and find books printed that disperse falsehoods in the light of up to the minute observation.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I am pretty sure everyone knows that the well is crippled down below, possibly from the explosion, and who knows how deeply it is racked, or how bad the erosion? But really, no matter how or where the pressure is pushing the oil through earth's cracks, it is not eroding the crippled well if the oil is static. Once it is in motion, it is eroding the exposed walls. That was and is the cause for very much alarm. What if it is an ocean, literally, of oil, under there? They wouldn't want that to get out, would they. Blows prices all to hell for them. I wonder how much oil is still coming up through the damaged floor..? If it's still jetting out in places, just not near the well, it can't be as much as it was or the pressure differential would be near zero at the well. Whatever the pressure was at the open well before the capping compared to the pressure after capping would tell us a lot, is my guess.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
ya,

believing unsubstantiated reports from the Kremlin is about as logical as believing what BP tells you.

But, ya, im sure the Kremlin has no hidden agenda or anything.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Thank you for setting me straight.
I appreciate it
cs70

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Hahahahah! And YOU would have it be considered the BP Hoax, right?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Then we can consider this man-made lower pressure, with some
Aluminum Oxide in the fluid making a nice slurry that'll cut hardened tool
steel like butta. This is the presently favored process for scissoring up
ceramic and composite BODY ARMOR. No appreciable heat generated
either, just the nature of the mud.

Now for the bad news... almost all of those waterjet guys use special
ceramic nozzles (or even poly-crystalline diamond sintered into your basic
long donut) where the rugged meets the hose.(rubber meets the )
Imagine three to fifteen times the head pressure, a medium that will
hold up big chunks, and lubricating the 'cut' better besides--
and lots of really sharp igneous crap from down inside (you KNOW it's
around flaking out), some kinds almost as good at cutting steel as "lap-
ping compound". That's why the worst enemy of your racing engine is
DIRT.

Good luck on the relief job, and back-filling the hole at the dome top..it
could be the only fix available short of cauterizing it shut / bye bye $$.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I am so happy that someone can finally look 2 1/2 miles underground in the dark and know exactly what's happening. I've been drilling oil and gas wells for 30 years and have never been able to see more than a couple of 100 feet underground. Had I known the op I could have saved alot of time, expense and saved all those tuition dollars. I still have nightmares about thermodynamics and differential equations classes. What a waste in fluid dynamics and petroleum engineering classes learning drilling hydraulics, Darcy's equations for fluid flow through porous media and fluid properties of hydrocarbon systems, when all I needed was to find the op that has all of the answers to what I thought were complex problems.

I guess I could get a teaching certificate and teach math or physics, now that my skills are no longer needed in the petroleum industry.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join