It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am sorry to report well is crippled down hole very long read

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Think more and more you may be right, and to focus on the BOP being secured. If they can't do that, especially before a Hurricane stops work, and/or BOP/well/mouth collapses, perhaps the subsequent massive hike in methane/toxic gases ejected/surfacing may force evacuation of the site AND inhibit any chance of returning even after a Hurricane to drill supplementary bores/wells either for pressure relief, access to the original well or delivering deep munitions to close the original well?

I wonder how far away they can be to drill relief wells 5-10-25-30km?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kix

I am willing to bet we have more than enough classified techonology to handle such crisis but the PTB will never use it because they want to depopulate earth.

I mean if you can't start WW3 between iran and israel, can't poison everyone with the swine flu, can't get a meteorite to hit earth, well just sabotage an oil rig.

Its all part of the master plan? Illuminati self-fulfilled prophecies coming to effect while people think its gods will? NIV bible is gods word...or is it the KJV?

Keep people asleep with world cup, america got talent reality show, paris hilton boobs, kevin costner's golf ball plans(how retarded can you get? :@@
, obama talking about israel and north korea while HIS OWN COUNTRY IS GOING DOWN THE #TER, people dying in iraq for oil and in afghanistan for heroin.....but I mean really who the hell gives a # about america anyway? Its always about corporate greed and their LAP DOGS IN WASHINGTON!

That pretty much sums it all up boys and girls.
Lets allow all the global bankers to destroy our economy AT THEIR WHIM, lets allow the SELF-FULLFILLING AND DIABOLICAL illuminati bible morons RUN AMOK with diseases/wars/"accidents"/HAARP generated earthquakes/HAARP generated draughts/, lets allow big multi-national oil companies TO RAPE US AT THE GAS PUMP, lets allow mainstream media the ability TO FOOL US day in and day out...yeah all great ideas!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

I don't even know how to respond to this thread... I will say it was put together very well S&F

What's weird [or not so weird?] is that I have been having that feeling of horror from within that something is going on behind our backs at this very moment which is being shielded from us - and when you're being shielded from something it's not always for a good reason.

The truth is always what sets you free, and in this instance, if the worst case scenario does indeed occur we will be looking an economical collapse of proportions that most people have never even thought of. Sadly enough some people have gone as far to believe things would come down to this level, and being opened minded [although skeptical towards the right things] has helped me see the true possibilities for our future... not just the human race's future, but life on this planet - period.

There is so much more going on other then this oil disaster it is hard to wrap your head around each single thing and grasp the full intent of what is really going on, and what is truly going to come from it all.

For now, that's all I have to say...

Once again, kudos for the thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If you haven't seen the video that leads the following thread, it's a real eye-opener...

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=9007196#pid9007196

What's going on with the media blackout, anyway? What are these goons doing blocking the media on a public beach? Here's the YouTube link to the video...

www.youtube.com...

This should get the American people riled. We don't need Nazis involved keeping the media in the dark.

I want to know what it is about the clean-up they are so desperate to keep secret. What's up with that?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
My friend,

Nice find and sad news.. we can only hope it holds together long enough for the relief wells.

Thanks for sharing this on ATS.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Very interesting post, I don't know much about this whole business of drilling and you've helped me immeasurably in understanding what's going on. That alone is worth stars and flags.
Thanks Jeff

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

I would get a big dome, then drill screw holes into the ocean floor as deep as they need to be to anchor the dome.

Then using the lead holes around the edge of the dome drop it on the anchors/screws and then screw it/lock it down on the sea floor over the well head.

The edged could be sharp or a trench could be build around the edges to help with the fit the the sea floor.

Pipes leading off the dome siphon off the oil and gas. Sure anchoring the "posts" into the ocean floor to a depth that might work would be a job, but after that?

Make it a big ass dome that will also capture any oil leaking up from the ground in the near area.

I think they tried covering it with that square block thingy, but it is the ability to bolt/lock it into place against the pressure that is the key.

If you have enough pipes/hoses siphoning the oil from the dome, pressure shouldn't be an issue. If you want you could them pile mount everest on top of the dome to ensure it remains secure.

Heck if the dome was big enough and there was enough suction to pump all the oil combined you might be able to get it into place without even anchoring it. Put it there and bury it while siphoning like crazy.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime
reply to post by Sir Solomon

I just saw that on the NHC page. If it does develop and head toward the gulf it will intensify like crazy since the gulf is now being superheated from all the oil and abundant sunshine.

Hadn't thought that the slick would have that level of effect on hurricane development, but that is an interesting line of thought.

I just checked the sight again and the chance is now 60% for that small area to develop. I'm not trying to sound alarmist, just pointing it out and wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this.

Actually I wonder if this has already been discussed or if I could open a new thread and see if we can get a good discussion going on how this slick would affect hurricane development and how it then would affect everything else. U2U me if that is feasible (I don't make new threads often so I wouldn't know where to put it) and I will look to see if there is a better place to discuss this like an existing thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

Every time there is a natural disaster , ie hurricane takes out a drilling rig or a refinery the gas prices at the pumps (in Canada at least) go up almost instantly. So far there has been no increase since the accident Usually gas prices go up in the summer in our area. I thought that president Obama was shutting down most of the deep well oil rigs to review the permits for safety reasons. If thats true then I would expect a gas shortage and gas prices would go ballistic. So--- whats going on ? Stable gas prices and hardly any real concern in the news. No shortages? WTF Are the news media being stifled to avoid panic? Are gas prices being kept stable to avoid attention,or is this just being blown out of proportion? When I read about this on ATS I am amazed that a disaster of this magnitude is being ignored by most people. The food chain will be affected,probably the weather, and I'm sure at some point gas prices will skyrocket.Thankyou to all of you who are on top of this,its scary.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I don't knowif you have already seen this ...

This is from today.

That's just not oil ...

It is Methane and oil.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Fantastic post, S&F - excellent read

You should check out the live feed, looks like somekind of maintenance work is going on now though doesn't look like structural support work:

www.bp.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by woodkitten

I thought that president Obama was shutting down most of the deep well oil rigs to review the permits for safety reasons. If thats true then I would expect a gas shortage and gas prices would go ballistic. So--- whats going on ? Stable gas prices and hardly any real concern in the news. No shortages? WTF Are the news media being stifled to avoid panic? Are gas prices being kept stable to avoid attention,or is this just being blown out of proportion?

I heard some economists at the beginning of this thing mention that oil prices are so jacked up by supply control (to drive up prices) and speculation, that this would have minimal effect. I.e., there is an abundance of oil already! ..Now long term, this could be a problem if oil drilling is curtailed substantially (which I am all in favor of).

[edit on 13-6-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by woodkitten

Been wonderin about that myself...it is funny how gas prices seem to be staying the same, whereas they usually go up come somertime...I agree, it is probably with the intention of drawing less attention and outrage at this time...but, the prices WILL go up soon enough...this dissaster will bringn on new legislation, and shut down current opperations...mainly with a focus of buying alternative energy (nothing reliable and consistant, but fragile and irregular:solar/wind=battery) and filling our landfills with batteries.
But we'll all be better off for it really, I'm sure...its just a real hard pill to swallow....dang batteries are expensive....
Thankfully, we can all get jobs at Halliburton, and get involved in the cleanup effort, that is, if by saving the environment you like burning oil straight out of the ocean...won't that be a sight.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Xcouncil=wisdom]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
In my part of the country oil prices have actually gone DOWN a dime since this whole thing started. They were 2.55 for like 3 weeks after the spill then went up for a bit to 2.67 then went almost overnight to 2.45.

I agree that there has to be a glut in supply. A few years ago I researched how long the Middle East countries could keep up their current production and found out that globally we were producing almost a million barrels more a day than was consumed. I'm sure that's fluctuated but considering the world uses about 80 million barrels of oil a day you can get a surge in the line pretty fast.

Another reason this may be going on is because a lot of people are cancelling their vacations to the South due to the spill so all that gas goes unused. Probably not that big of an impact, but still something to keep in mind I think.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If the migration zone they tapped into is 22,000 feet below the ocean floor, there will not be a sinkhole, due to the depth of the oil reserve. If the BOP topples over the deposit of oil will come out unimpeded. Can they track the direction from which the oil is coming from and go to that area and begin drilling wells to produce the oil during its migration the the DeepWater Horizon well site?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hogback
reply to post by etcorngods

I would get a big dome, then drill screw holes into the ocean floor as deep as they need to be to anchor the dome...

This is one of literally hundreds of different solutions that could be used to fix this problem. This is intentionally not being fixed. I am leaning towards a theory i read on a previous thread.

The ocean floor is cracking and spewing oil, lets make it look man made. If it appears man made society will believe in a man made fix. If the earth floor is actively shifting and spewing oil there isn't anything we can do to fix it. If society were aware of the truth there would be mass panic and chaos.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Solomon

Originally posted by OuttaTime
reply to post by Sir Solomon

I just saw that on the NHC page. If it does develop and head toward the gulf it will intensify like crazy since the gulf is now being superheated from all the oil and abundant sunshine.

Hadn't thought that the slick would have that level of effect on hurricane development, but that is an interesting line of thought.

I just checked the sight again and the chance is now 60% for that small area to develop. I'm not trying to sound alarmist, just pointing it out and wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this.

Actually I wonder if this has already been discussed or if I could open a new thread and see if we can get a good discussion going on how this slick would affect hurricane development and how it then would affect everything else. U2U me if that is feasible (I don't make new threads often so I wouldn't know where to put it) and I will look to see if there is a better place to discuss this like an existing thread.

Hurricanes always gain intensity over warmer water, and all that sheen and glop retain heat as well as reflect it (just like aluminum foil). But then again, the solar activity is picking up, and the temps are already quite warm (downright hot in places). That system is still pretty far out to guess a track or a timeline, so I'm trying to keep a cool head, and just wait for the 72 hour mark before landfall. For all we know it may just curl up to the north and back out to sea. I survived Hugo and watched FEMA screw everything up, repeatedly.
I think I had seen a thread about this topic, but I forget when and where

edit: Found it! --> www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by OuttaTime]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
If the migration zone they tapped into is 22,000 feet below the ocean floor, there will not be a sinkhole, due to the depth of the oil reserve. If the BOP topples over the deposit of oil will come out unimpeded. Can they track the direction from which the oil is coming from and go to that area and begin drilling wells to produce the oil during its migration the the DeepWater Horizon well site?

The migration zone may not collapse, but it will continually supply more oil to the Horizon wellhead. Right now it seems it is blowing more gasses than oil, but we have no way of knowing the dynamics of what is happening in real time in that cavern. Could be mostly gas pressure with oil draining back, or just a gas pocket being compressed by more oil from the migration canal. The migration canal may only be a mile in diameter (don't know really), which would result in rapid expansions of gasses as it enters the primary chamber. Unless we can HAARP it and look inside, it's all a guessing game.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
If the well keeps going the way its appearing to go, with a vibrating blowout preventer and oil shooting outta the sea floor through cracks as the casing goes, possibly leading to a collapse and complete dump of oil - what do we have to loose?

Surely at least trying a nuke is worth a shot. At least we can say we tried our utmost, instead of spraying toxic dispersant and trying to dig wells that'll take too long. All other attempts have failed!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Is President Obama coming on live nationwide Television Tuesday night
to disclose something major? He said last week that he was looking for
some "ass to kick". -cwm

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join