It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am sorry to report well is crippled down hole very long read

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
All the sea floor leaks could have been caused by...

At around 10 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 10, a 5.2 magnitude quake, approximately 160 miles south of New Orleans, struck in the Gulf of Mexico. Its recorded depth was five kilometers.

~source~

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I've been silently watching this spill since day 1, but from the time I heard of gulf drilling I felt it was a bad move.

Now, why hasn't there been a callout to the civilian sector for possible solutions for this issue? Those responsible damn sure didn't prove effective.

Maybe the issue is out of human control, but being tight lipped of this issue, and its resolutions and ramifications has helped absolutely no one.

Oh, and should this reserve empty itself and the cavern collapse, what do the gulf states/nations have to potentially deal with?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Just as a comparison, let's pretend that a barrel of oil is a $100 bill. Now click this link to get an ideal of what a trillion barrels of oil would be.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by coastalite

I think the idea of drilling multiple relief wells is good too, except, if the OP is correct, then they may not have the time to achieve this prior to substantive and decisive failure from the original site or resulting seeps?

Bearing in mind that we are entering Hurricane season, each of which is likely to severely impact the efforts and access to the site by the many boats and rigs required to drill the new wells, and that according to the OPs analysis, unless they can secure the now mobile/collapsing BOP (prior to the first Hurricane and/or structural failure caused by erosion of the high pressure solution eroding the well pipes it is supported by) then things could escalate/deteriorate quickly there. The OP states the BOP is already tipping over - a Hurricane is due in days - can they secure it before the storm halts work or it lets go?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sir Solomon

I just saw that on the NHC page. If it does develop and head toward the gulf it will intensify like crazy since the gulf is now being superheated from all the oil and abundant sunshine.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

Your thread is beautifully researched and intellectually presented!! It also reinforces my thoughts.

BP attempted to drill a super well for OIL!! This has never been done before.
Now they are 30,000 ft. and have breached the batholith layer of the Earth's Crust. Oil is leaking at this level, plutons and magma have been reported coming from the plume.

Please have a look here I greatly value your input. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kindly,
Pax

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Call to ATS managers...

Create a special news firehose for this gulf catastrophe.

This crisis is ramping up exponentially. We also need to somehow coordinate the best ideas that are in all the oil spill threads right now if there is any way to do that.

I feel like I'm missing a lot because I can't read all the threads on this topic simultaneously, there is so much info and so many posts.

Mods, do you think ATS could set up a unified gulf oil spill news firehose that would keep us all up to the minute with breaking news on this topic?

Do you think there is some way ATS could assign a task force to look at all the best posts in all these threads and combine them into some kind of special coverage?

I think ATS is already playing a major role in this crisis. I believe CIA/NSA are probably monitoring and funneling ideas from ATS to the POTUS team on this. Wouldn't be surprised.

P.S. --- I've seen the ATS Chicks report on this... pretty cool, indeed!

[edit on 13-6-2010 by switching yard]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

If the failure described by the OP occurs, then from what I've read I think we would be looking at possibly:

Unimaginably massive and fast oil pollution, greater contamination of the Gulf Stream/Atlantic, likely massive landfall of slicks beyond what we've seen.

Convergence of massive slick/dispersant with Hurricane season/carried inland.

Even greater (volumetric) release of methane/other nasty gases - not sure what that might do - would it get trapped in water or get airborne? Presumably a dispersed toxicity risk but also possibly a more dramatic risk to life if massive methane cloud hugs ground/sea level and drifts - see precedent of African volcano methane ejection - killed people 30 km radius I think? Methane is also a highly effective greenhouse gas.

Is there a possile tipping point re: sea-life/ocean toxicity/oxygen depletion/food-chain collapse/dead organism pollution which could reak havoc in the gulf?

[Edit: I forgot, could anyone tell us what such enormous or prolonged injections of oil/pollutants could do to say ocean salinity or pH, both of which play roles with the Gulf Stream, and food-chain...]

BP collapse - massive economic fall-out worldwide?

USA economy placed under further strain?

Peak Oil and oil markets agitated?

Rapid alteration to global geo-political order/issues and energy strategies further destabilises already volatile and highly competitive international tensions?

Fights related to access/control of energy resources increase?

Double dip / global depression made more likely?

I really hope Obama/BP make a surprise announcement tomorrow that they've got it all sorted, clean-up is underway...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by curioustype]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
We are so imensely, incomperhensibly, indescibably and imposibly screwed. This not of biblical nor apocaliptical proportions, this is right away of crap-totical proportions.

My dear gentlmen, ladys, fellows, friends, comrades, most respected opposers and loyal allies, there are things under way that will this screw-crap-tocalypse look like an infants bad dream.

Hopi prophecy:

"This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder.
THIS IS SELF-EXPLANATOR

"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."
THIS IS SELF-EXPLANATOR

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle."
THIS IS SELF-EXPLANATOR

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."
RAILWAYS

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."
TELEPHONICAL-TELEGRAPHICAL LINES - THE ANCESTOR OF THE "WEB" (WWW)

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."
THE CREATION OF THE FIRST HIGHWAYS AND ASPHALTED ROADS (THE TELEPHONICAL-TELEGRAPHICAL LINES WERE MORE COMMON TO THE WILD WEST OF THE BEGGINNIG OF THE 20TH CENTURY THAN ASPHALTED ROADS THAT CAME TO THE PREERIES IN FULL SWING AFTER WW1)

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."
I THINK I SHOULD SAY THAT THIS IS SELF-EXPLANATOR, BUT FOR SOME SLOWER ONES OF YOU ... YEAH THE OIL "ERUPTION" IN THE GULF OF MEXICO, INTERESTING IS THAT IT IS ALSO IN A CLOSE GEOGRAPHICAL AREA (not PACIFIC that is over the mountains to the west OR the ATLANTIC over the mississipi and apalachian mountains to the EAST but to the south that is relatively easy to go by foot) WHERE THE HOPIS ARE, BECAUSE MOST HOPI "PROPHECY SIGNS" REFFER TO EVENTS THAT HAPPEN VERY CLOSE TO THEIR DWELWINGS

"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.
SOME THOUGH THAT THESE WERE THE HIPPIES, BUT STILL I HEARD MANY STORIES ABOUT HIPPIES, BUT NOT EVEN A ONE THAT CORRALATES WITH THIS IN SUCH A MAGNITUDE

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.
SHRUDERS??? DONT KNOW, MAYBE FIRST FIRST CONTACT WITH ALIESNS IN A SPACESHIP, FALLING OR SHOOTED DOWN TO EARTH?

I HAVE TO ADD ONE MORE THING, HOPI DON´T SEE TIME LINEAR AS WE DO BUT CYCLICAL (self-explanator) AND SATISFACTOR, THAT MEANS THAT THE PHOPHECY HAS TO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE SIGNS TO BE FULFILLED, AND THAT IS NOT NEEDED TO HAPPEN IN A CHRONOLOGICAL MANNER.

Just my 2 cents. Durabys OUT.

[edit on 12/08/09 by Durabys]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I do not understand why people still talk about this as a Oil Leek.

It isn't.

It is a Methane problem.. not oil.

You cant Nuke it. That deposite is the Mother of all Bombs.

The Methane will rise from the deep in to the surfice... slowly but it will.

You have crude plus methane plus water = methane colum

It is Time to tell the truth and take everyone out from the coast. And the moment is NOW.

Methane is starting to leek from the ocean floor. The ocean floor will blow out not colapse.

For every Liter of methane crystals (ice) get 168 liters of Metahne gas.

The pressure is rising not falling. The drill went down ...methane crystals disassociated... becoming methane gas... the drill friction ignited it .... and as the send down cement trying to control the well .... BOMMMM.

You have now a cascade reaction. They can't stop it. And as more Methane crystals convert in to Methane Gas a huge Bubble is starting to form on the see floor... It is pushing out .. not in.

If you use a nuke ... the result will be a Doomsday event. You can't use pressure to stop it... it only makes it worst. whatch this...

The drill goes in (1 st stick)... methane comes out , the friction from the drill (lighter) ignite it and when cement goes down with pressure .. (the 2 stick) BOOmmm. END of rig.
If they use a Nuke the same will happen.

Oil is not what makes me think about Doomsday. That Methane is.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
10 June 2010

Been very strange lately almost too quiet as far as my dream bursts go (bursts are the flashes of images that are prophetic) They have been rare in the recent couple of weeks until past couple of days.

Burst: Giant Ocean Bubble/Eruptiion, not a Volcano but a giant bubble of gas.

Main dream: Flying and my old dog, that has passed running along the gound then flying with me. Appearing in my house where intruders were and trying to chase them off with my Katana.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by DreamerOracle]

Sometimes I wish I wasn't so accurate. I have everything crossed that it doesn't get any worse and the leak is stopped.

p.s S+F a very well presented piece

[edit on 13-6-2010 by DreamerOracle]

link   
reply to post by curioustype

Great post!

These are the troubling questions everyone should be asking and demanding an answer to! You summed it up very, very well.

link   
The thing that worries me the most is that you have all of these very powerful people who are "end of timers" fruitcakes - mainly Americans - who are actively trying to create the scenario they believe is portrayed in the book of revelations.

Now, we've already seen people here trying to tie it into the BoR's, so what on Earth will the nutballs who are trying to make it happen be reading into it, and is that why nothings happening to make it stop -

in other words - they WANT it to happen because they think that they can manipulate it into something that signifies the end of times and the return of Jesus.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

Anyway - I am thinking of the Oosterschelde storm surge barrier which was constructed in The Netherlands. Here is some basic info:
Deltawerken / Oosterschelde storm surge barrier

In this construction, specialized equipment was built to lay down foundations on the sea floor. I don't think this was as deep as the Gulf of MX - but - perhaps such undersea construction could generate some ideas?

If scientists know this is an potential ELE event then they must barricade off parts of the sea to prevent oil from reaching these areas, if one looks at a map of the world there are areas like isthmuses and coves that can be blockaded off to attempt to preserve the life contained within. It will require a colossal effort, similar to the building of the war infrastructure during WW2, but it can be done.

On another note, We, the readers of this thread, are an extreme small minority- we know and care about the seriousness of this situation, one of the first ones to have warning- the years ahead will be very difficult. We are already seeing crop damage near the areas affected by this disaster in decades the destruction may be global.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I'm going to need a strong coffee before I make comment on that one which I will either today or tomorrow.

I have been visiting ATS for a very long time, my main interests are project Aurora and element 115 which I do believe exist. However once this disaster arose I felt it was my responsibility to register and help bring order to the chaos this forum has and still is experiencing with deepwater. The fact is ATS has some incredibly bright individuals whom in some way may be able to contribute solution/s towards this ever growing disaster.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

Great post, I agree the methane sounds like a nasty risk here. At some stage, if OP is correct, BP had better get that flare burning rig/ship above the 'blow-out'/well out of there at the appropriate moment don't you think?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

Thats not what the original poster claimed. He didn't say the seabed was bulging up, to the contrary he said it was sinking! Regardless what option is used, sitting with your thumb up your ass and praying will solve nothing.

Something needs to be shoved down that hole quickly. I don't care if its an h-bomb, a-bomb, firecracker, the empire state building, etc. Just do something obama.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

The paxnatus thread all readers can find that is referenced by OP, read it! Amazing info about how they are trying to avoid mass panic because of what BP has done and because TPTB are putting on a little theatre show to pretend nothing apocalyptic is going to happen. Look at the paxnatus thread ASAP! Great info.

Check it out...

Oil Leak + Evidence = Unfathomable Disaster ! Government Not Talking to Avoid MASS PANIC! The Earth

kix

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think the only ones that can really help us now, are E.T. living here with their superior technology.

I am not kidding, this catastrophe is beyond our powers.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Share your desperation. Hope you read that post with the link to that previous thread about methane/volatile/liquified gas embedded at the sea-floor in this region.

Just supposing that it is a bad idea to 'nuke' above the sea-floor due to some kind of possible gas-eruption/ignition disaster risk, then I guess you'd have to deliver the nuke way down the hole/well. But I can't see any way to deliver a nuke munition into that...not in this environment.

You're back to drilling fresh holes/wells, but if BOP is collapsing as OP argues, and Hurricanes are due, and fresh wells/bores take so long, under none Hurricane conditions to drill, and the rock was so difficult/unstable to drill into in the first place....and then can you get a nuke munition powerful enough into the bore/hole? I know there are some 'suitcase' sized nukes allegedly out there, but do they have enough punch to do this job? Are they going to survive the journey down to the detonation site in operational state (are they sufficiently heat/pressure/vibration/proof?) Also, how sure can they be they are positioned correctly or what they would be blowing up down there, that's what created this mess in the first place, not knowing the structure down there...I'm not convinced, it's a bit like trying to stop a volcano by nuking deep down, perhaps not done yet because it's currently technically [not] feasable?

[edit on 13-6-2010 by curioustype]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join