It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am sorry to report well is crippled down hole very long read

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Im only posting this because people got mad threads got stars and flags and no posts. so S&F. But i dont have any contribution except that I had a dream last night of the entire sea floor collapsing. it was a horrible dream.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

Thanks for the clarification. I saw your comment on the origins a little later. Anyway: the post is excellently written and provides I think a realistic view on the exact path we are now all walking on. This doomsday scenario is already unfolding before our very eyes. Let us hope that the relief wells will do the trick but I have surmised from other sources that it requires a few 'goes' before it takes. Best case scenario is December/January 2011. Will we be able to hold out until then? "No more good days" is what's going through my head constantly.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Son I am disappoint, old news is old news.
More than a few threads already about this.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Really? Is that your contribution to this thread? I have a feeling that you did not read one word of this post. It doesn't matter. I understand. You can't deal with it. It's natural.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

I have been on every Gulf event thread there is on ATS and other sites......

The OP did a great job compiling "many" articles/news/info/rumurs/other
into one thread.......

Give the guy credit........its in terms where "non" oil workers can understand the magnintude of the evert....

Thanks again OP...........

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Believe me i'm not here for stars, credit and so forth a moderator can certainly take all that stuff away and rightly should, if dougr wants to reg at ATS the stars are rightly his and his alone. Once my expose on MMS is completed i'll have finished my part in this whole Macondo disaster. I have never been very interested in forums all that much. The reason I posted TOD link in the follow-up reply was the posts length and the inability to edit it which i tried at least several times.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Excellent post and information - my advice is for everyone that can to leave the area ASAP. I have not gone to all the links you provided but will do so thru out the day. Thank you!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Kind of reminds me of this:

www.youtube.com...

Of course he(or she) is also a stockholder of BP as acknowledged in several threads. And knowing the perspective of a poster helps to understand the "why".

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Big Star & Flag for you

I feel totally up to date on who, what, where, when and how.

Bravo!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Great thread, most informative. thank you for taking the time and trouble to relay this information to us. From what l have been led to believe, the planet gets its oxegen from the rainforests and the sea.If this is so, how soon will it become a problem for life on earth. l am sure that right at the start of this when the oil rig blew up, l heard someone in the msm say that this was a new `state of the art` oilrig using Haarp tecnology, if this is correct, how on earth could they make such an almighty c??kup?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Found the following online but as a layperson can't quite understand what he is saying - is he trying to say that the leaks coming from the sea bed are not what they seem and so not to panic ? here's the article and here is the first part of it...

Currently surrounding the situation in the Gulf are several stories circulating online, about oil venting from cracks in the ocean floor in the area where the broken BOP stack is located, with pressures appearing to fluctuate wildly.There are reasons why this is happening.

Horizon's borehole is actually located in between allochthonous salt bodies and autochthonous salt layers in sub-floor Macondo region. The near-surface sediment is young and unconsolidated muck. Shallow water-flow is a big issue here (that is overpressured unconsolidated sands, sometimes with biogenic gas
( that's produced by sub-floor microbial life ) or just overpressured brine — a very unstable near-surface section. The " Gumbo Zone " the borehole passes through, is the region in which sub-floor microbes proliferate. Strike-slip movements, which are common in this area, exert pressures on sub-floor hydrocarbon pathways . In conjunction with microbial biogenic hydrocarbon gas productions, this is responsible for fluctuating flow pressures. Were there no heat sources in the sub-floor, the gases would stay where they are due to pressures. However, since heat and pressure are the influencing factors that dictate gas sublimation, this is understandably intertwined with microbial processes. Methane hydrates form and stay at the deep ocean floor levels due to the fact that any heat produced by pyroclastic oil venting, is immediately lost to the surrounding seawater acting as a heat-sink. Deep ocean pressures keep these gases low, where in turn, other microbial strains digest them and produce other products, like a unique form of sulfur, in the form of " mats ". The problem of fluctuations in pressure could have been caused by the force-injection of lower temperature drilling mud, introduced by the " Top Kill " method. Why ?

If bacteria that normally live in high temperature sub-floor zones have their proliferation rates kept in check by temperatures, than lowering the temperature by sub-floor mud-flooding could easily create a temporary environment conducive to the faster division rate of lower temp-loving microbes, which can in turn push the whole reservoir food-chain off-balance. In the mid-1990s, scientists found novel hyperthermophilic microbes in hot oil reservoirs 3 kilometers below the North Sea and the North Slope of Alaska. Oil producers had thought that microorganisms, which “sour” or contaminate oil, were introduced into wells, but, in fact, they are naturally occurring and live on organic compounds in oil.scientists generally agree that life could exist at temperatures as high as 140° to 145°C (284° to 295°F). Typically sub-floor temperature increases with sediment depth by about 40°C to 50°C per kilometer (about 115°F to 145°F per mile ).Horizon was drilled to a depth of 35,050'.That's 6.6382575 miles. The temperature at the ocean floor is approximately 39 degrees F. So drilling mud, passing through 5k'+ feet of of pipe in cold water, will by any logical conclusion, be at the ambient water temp by the time it passes the horizon of the Mesopelagic region/sub-floor divide.

So what effects could their operations be having ? Nobody knows for sue, but one thing I know for sure and that's that BP won't release current pertinent sub-floor geo-data to the public.

Below are some graphics depicting the food chain cycle of oliphilic microbial life in the deep-ocean subfloor.

(see article for graphs)

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Totally an excellent presentation, OP!! Thank you, for the explanitory graphics, and great description!
Yes, I have feared a similar outcome, almost from the start.
If the "top" blows-off, or collapses- ALL of that oil and gas (ALL of it very toxic), will come-up at once. BAD news, for anyone living near the coast- watch those prevailing winds. (Sort of remnds me of growing-up, under the threat of Soviet Nukes!)
Well, (no pun intended), I suppose that after the total collapse of the world economy, this will become a small matter- except for the people on the Gulf/East Coast.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I know man. It's not about that. This is so much bigger than any petty system. This is huge and I thank you for bringing it to our attention.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
We've been used to climate change, but i dont believe humans can adapt to that ....changing the composition of the breathing air ???

www.chemistryland.com...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by SSimon]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the posting. Truth and solid facts is what we need.

From a spiritual perspective based on the reality of God, reincarnation, and the Souls learning through trial and error, we have a collective karmic scenario on our hands. I know such phrases such as "karmic" are tossed around glibly and as throwaway one- liners. But there is a God and there is a God's Plan, and cycles of cause and effect are based on fundamental cosmic Laws that cannot ultimately be broken.

From our private lives, we have the experience that tough situations and painful accidents often propel us into different states of being, serving as 'wake up calls', leading us to make different choices, to grow and learn, and to see things differently. The 'near death' experience is one such scenario. And from the Soul's perspective, actual death serves the same purpose. We start over.

Collectively the same process goes on: we have now moved into times where the situations and accidents are growing in severity in exact relationship to how out of right relationship humanity is to God's Plan. Everything wrong and untrue, without solid foundations, is rapidly converging into a focal point of delusion and ignorance like a bubble, that will pop through the happenings of the times, that seem to be occuring with the precision of a cosmic timepiece. Back in 1951, "The day the Earth Stood Still" movie touched upon these principles, and I recommend a viewing again today.

This is what is coming: There will be a restoration of the Plan, come what may. Meditate daily, love each other, and be an Angel.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well star & flag

I now see that the next Hopi prophecy is coming true right before our eyes.

I wont even mention 2012 as thats been debunked

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
S&F! Great thread jam packed with info, now I'll just bite my nails and wait for the # to hit the fan.

reply to post by out west

Not trying to derail the topic but... how can 2012 be debunked? I would assume we could all have a chuckle about the absurdity of the 'end date' when we wake up like any other day December 22.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Question for JBL...

If the well casing below the sea floor still has structural integrity and the geology of the sub-floor is stronger than feared and the floor is not in imminent danger of collapse, would the following idea for a giant, massive compress have a chance to at least temporarily slow the leakage? I have posted this idea to a couple of threads only to be answered with ridicule. The idea is simply based on the logic that massive top down pressure (exceeding upward flow rate pressure) combined with a wide area seal might 'cap' this leak at least temporarily.

Here is the idea for a 'compress on the leaking wound'...

[Step 1] Fabricate 3 very large mesh baskets using graphite rods and fasteners where rods intersect. Each basket is approx 40 yards in diameter and approx 2 storeys tall. Spaces in mesh basket base are large enough for well head to fit through unimpeded.

[Step 2] Lower first basket approx 50 ft deep. Divers attach 4' diameter iron discs at base inside basket using a 3' locking steel cable for each disc. Discs have pre-drilled hole near edge where cable loops through (iron manhole covers could be acquired quickly); and the other end of each cable connects to an intersection point in base of mesh basket. Iron discs provide weight for sinking basket.

[Step 3] Lower basket and guide using GPS as BP have done already with top hat. As basket descends, iron discs will rise and be held up vertically on edge inside basket allowing water/oil to flow up through spaces in basket base. When basket settles on ocean floor, centering over well head, the discs will fall over flat, making a solid floor in the basket with the well head being inside the basket.

[Step 4] Using a large, remote controlled cargo net, lower (as many as possible) refrigerator-sized sandbags filled 3/4 with mix of sand and heavy granite rock. Important: leave each sandbag 1/4 empty so the bags will fit tightly together forming a seal under the top down weight of thousands more sandbags. Fill the basket as evenly as possible to its top, burying the oil leak under thousands of sandbags.

[Step 5] Repeat steps 1 - 4 until there is a stack of filled baskets 40 yards across and stacked 6 storeys tall, stacked like huge pancakes.

[Step 6] Lower onto top of stack one layer covering the top with large, reinforced concrete blocks each with a center core of lead (the air force has tested these as non-explosive bunker busters and has an inventory of them. They are very heavy objects.

[Step 7] Lower onto stack approx one million tons of loose, large granite scree/talus.

[Concept Rationale] This works like a compress on a bleeding wound.

The slack in the canvas sandbags crushes together naturally form-fitting with each other and makes a seal. This would be a massive, heavy, crushing compress over the well head and problem area, burying the leak under tremendous tonnage held together structurally by the giant mesh baskets.

A similar idea was sent in to BBC News the other day for expert analysis. That idea was to simply dump huge amounts of heavy boulders, rocks and sand to develop an undersea 'mountain' over the leak. The petroleum engineer expert commenting for BBC News said that in theory it might work as far as downward pressure overcoming upward flow pressure, but the expert said this solution can be ruled out because the upward oil flow would escape between the gaps in the rocks. With my idea (above) seals are created so that the downward pressure on the problem area and seals captured in a large structure would not allow the flow to escape.

Am I being naive and why?

JBL, please give a scientific response, what do you think?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
thegoblincave.com... ive been looking around the web thought you guys would like to see some more pics of the travisty. im still looking for more proof about the whale in ny. hope this ends soon. talk to guys latter.Click on pictures right below oil disaster (photos). thanks.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by topdog65807]Here's some more guyswww.boston.com...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by topdog65807]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

jeffrybinladen posted on 13-6-2010 @ 05:53 AM
Therefore and from all indications, if the well cannot be killed and the reserve/s is released the worlds Oceans will turn black or in the strange case of Block 252 brown/red.

I am not christian but I can't help but have mum's ramblings send shivers down my spine:
Rev 16:3 And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man; and every living soul died in the sea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join