Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I am sorry to report well is crippled down hole very long read

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The thing that pissed me off the most is finding out that it would have took just $500,000 to avoid this catastrophe. If BP would have installed the acoustic device to close the BOP it would been shut off long ago.

The Bush era allowed for a lot of deregulation of business practice. Other parts of the world, the oil rig would require the acoustic shut off switch but why not in the US?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I think i saw somewhere that the acoustic switch wouldnt have worked in this instance, anyway.

If i'm reading the OP correctly, if the valve had been in place and worked properly, we would still have the issue of the broken valve down pipe.

As evidenced by the links in this thead, and the OP, I think this is more about BP's negiligence/don't care attitude when they KNEW there were problems.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

I don't disagree - however....

What is the height of this reservoir that is spewing in this area? How much area do they have to work in? If the producing zone is 10 feet in height that's great. If it is 2ft, more wells drilling too close might exacerbate the damage.

How close do you need to be in to drop the pressure on the damaged one?

It seems that the current plans for the secondary relief wells is to control them the same way as the one that failed. With mud. Why are they under the impression that this is going to work the second and third time when it collapsed the first time?

What's different about relief well one and two that they won't do exactly the same thing?

Is it that the pressure will be distributed into the two or three boreholes, and the expectation is that this will allow them to regain control of the first and prevent the other two from doing the exact same thing?

Are they sure that this works under the water? Because, I don't know subsea drilling at all or the geology of it and the math. But it seems to me that much of the pressure isn't from under the ground - it is from the weight of the water on top pushing down. It might not reduce pressure - it might just mean that it drains the reservoir faster with consistent pressure all around. That's not really an improvement.

Top kill didn't work. No one to my knowledge has ever tried a horizontal kill.

Perhaps i'm wrong, but my understanding is that they are planning to do the 'bottom kill' at points BELOW the ruptured valve casing (or whatever its called). That is the difference. The OP claims that the 'top kill' didnt work because it was escaping through this damaged hold/valve/doohicky thingamajig.

Again ,it's all in the OP, I believe.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scalded Frog

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Originally posted by TankWolf
Last night in Australia one of our MSM investigative journalist shows 60 minutes showed probably the most disturbing footage of the oil slicks Ive seen yet. Somehow they were granted access over the area from the US Coast Guard. The whole report is pretty horrific to be honest but I was proud to see that our media was atleast showing the public the true extent of how bad this oil disaster really is.

Anyway I must say give this video a watch to see them follow KMs of oil slicks by helicopter its absolutely devastating to see.

video.au.msn.com...

They have pulled the Aus video showing just how bad this spill really is.............There is a reason for it being pulled and we will all find out very shortly..

I have learned to download videos like this ASAP but last night my computer had crashed and I didn't have my software reinstalled yet.

Hopefully someone has downloaded this video and can upload it?

Anyone?

found this US version online that has the same people (minus the firery lady) and minus the actual FOOTAGE of the spill.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 15-6-2010 by justadood]

[edit on 15-6-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
heres the video in the google cache:
make sure you copy it this time:-)

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:vJHbnO_rVhUJ:video.au.msn.com/watch/video/the-poison-tide/x9guny7+poison+tide+video+msn&cd=1&hl=e n&ct=clnk&gl=us

Edit: it seems to be translating incorrectly, but perhaps if you quote me, the proper code will show up.

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:vJHbnO_rVhUJ:video.au.msn.com/watch/video/the-poison-tide/x9guny7+poison+tide+video+msn&cd=1&hl=e n&ct=clnk&gl=us

[edit on 16-6-2010 by justadood]

[edit on 16-6-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
The thing that pissed me off the most is finding out that it would have took just $500,000 to avoid this catastrophe. If BP would have installed the acoustic device to close the BOP it would been shut off long ago.

The Bush era allowed for a lot of deregulation of business practice. Other parts of the world, the oil rig would require the acoustic shut off switch but why not in the US?

If the problem is downhole damage, and there is not a proper cement seal the BOP likely would not have saved this situation.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

A bottom kill might work - again if there is a seal. If you cannot get mud control, and you don't have a cement seal around the casing, then a bottom kill is still using mud control that is already failing.

You know what that tells me? They are trying to save the well.

Because the logical course isn't to try and kill it with mud, but to squeeze cement into the formation and pipe. From lowest possible point drilled to under the damage.

Relief wells above or around the point of the damage, new borehole below the damage squeezing cement into the damage. Relief wells for as much mud control as possible in order to stop the pressure from pushing the cement out the top.

Once the cement gets to the relief wells, allow it to seal these points up.

If everything goes well, afterwards they can refrac the cement in a more controlled manor after a failure analysis and produce up the relief wells.

[edit on 2010/6/16 by Aeons]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I just worked it out as a way of visualizing the amounts...

Even if the amount currently leaking out is at the very bottom end of the official estimates, and BP does indeed manage to capture 90% of it, that will still leave the equivalent of 64 standard oil drums leaking out every day. That's best case scenario

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I see. Sorry I was just listening to what Matt Simmons was saying about installing the acoustic device.

Here is a nice video to explain what happened for those that are still confused.

EDIT, some are saying the acoustic device could have sent signals to shut off the pipe. At the same time, we don't know the extent of the damage so it could have worked if the device was installed before the catastrophe.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Equinox99]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

That's quite the piece of propaganda.

In a well with mud control, or with a cement seal the petroleum product is produced up the annulus of the metal casing essentially.

This would control where the uncontrolled flow is coming from. Up the pipe. Then a blowout preventer could be activated to stop the pipe from producing. Pressure would equalize between the casing and the producing formation.

Further if the BOP isn't attached to the well head, this is all moot.

However, if the petroleum is coming up from the casing AND from around the casing the product will produce up between the casing and the sea floor. The BOP wouldn't stop the petroleum from producing outside the casing.

The producing zone is pushing up sand up the casing. That's going to corrode the interior of the casing - which has been mentioned.

Logically, if the sand it also pushing up in the space where the cement would be, it is opening up the space between the casing and the sea floor too. The hole is collapsing up.

No BOP would stop that.

Most of the video feeds are showing the oil coming up through the riser. This is the petroleum producing out of the casing.

The wellhead doesn't look this neat. I'm quite sure that it is depicting the well producing from a larger area than is the casing. That means it is coming up around the casing from the collapsing hole.

Casing means control that the BOP can than use. The two pieces of equipment work in conjunction.

And frankly, that hole seems to be getting larger.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
So now we're hearing from BP and Obama that in the next few weeks 90% of the oil gusher will be controlled.

I guess I missed the explanation as to how they are planning to control 90%, like what are they planning to do?

The other tidbit I gather is that they are putting into position a special ship that will flame off or burn off both oil and gas. Is that how they're planning to control 90% of the gusher?

Could someone enlighten us on what this 90% plan is?

Thanks!

[edit on 16-6-2010 by switching yard]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Someone on daily kos explains the damage I am trying to describe here.
Here.

My point with a horizontal kill, is that while they try to drill relief wells, and even if they try a bottom kill - damage casing means the the kill is trying to control the FORMATION not the borehole. Good luck with that.

With a horizontal wells being drilled AROUND the borehole and into the formation nearby, you could use these horizontal wells to inject/squeeze cement into the formation cutting the flow down around the failing hole.

Supply side management.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Recouper

Do you think that they are pumping that in, or is it just coming up from the wellbore?

If it is coming up out of the wellbore, my guess is that what you are seeing is water that is heated way beyond the point of boiling - but it doesn't boil because it is under so much pressure.

like this. Hydrothermal Vents

The temperature of the petroleum itself is in the neighbourhood of 200F (close to 90C or so.)\

The other possibiilty is that it is methane.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Methane explosion - maybe the answer to this scientists question as to where this methane comes from is ---- under the sea floor. It breaks through.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Use an electro magnet. Its metal right? Use an electromagnetic top!!!!!!!! DURRRRRRR

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by coastalite

I don't want to derail the thread so will keep this short but there is an international organization called Share International, an NGO affiliated with the UN. For years it's head honcho Benjamin Creme has been preparing the world for the arrival of Maitreya and the so called Ascended Masters. The info he puts out also concentrates ALOT on the ET phenomena and Space Brothers as he calls them. Long story short the Masters and ETs are coming to help us fix the planet which includes knowledge of free energy being dispersed. This org, puts out a magazine every 2 months in which many *important* people give interviews and/or write arti cles....diplomats, MP's, royalty , leading scientists, environmentalists, etc. Do some research into them.

They bill the space brothers and masters as benevolent but it's a little too convenient that they would wait until the world is crippled prior to their arrival which would also conveniently tie in with all the many ancient prophecies of the gods/custodians returning to usher in a new world when the old one crumbles.

When you factor in that so many of the so called prophecies-coming-true could easily have been deliberately orchestrated by the PTB over the years then you wonder if a certain holy book or 2 isn't just being used as a blueprint for planetary control with the elite making things happen to bring about the new age overseen by the REAL controllers of the planet who may APPEAR benevolent but are really wolves in sheeps clothing.

Just my theory and I won't talk about it any more as this is not really the thread to discuss it on. (Sorry OP !)

[edit on 13/6/10 by cosmicpixie]

So exactly at what point did you lose your mind?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
To me it seems obvious that we must move on.

The leak is now as stoppable as any other volcano - completely unstoppable until the pressures equalise, the well fills with water, which produces steam at 400 degrees C, and blows the whole sea bed apart.
We are looking at a disaster of the equivalent to what happened to Atlantis.

Obviously anyone in Florida and surrounding area must relocate, and, by the way, forget recovering anything in BP shares - this is no longer a money thing.

The only thing that will prevent a total collapse of civilisation as we know it is divine intervention - we may as well discuss 2012 scenarios!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Couldn't they use a bit of C4 plastic explosives to melt the ends of the Pipes that are leaking and seal the valves. What about laser tech. Could a hot enough ray seal the leaks shut? Or even hot liquid steel?

They would need to use a sub such as The Ottoman which has been refurbished but still have the furnaces. The boat was one of the first vehicles to use torpedo technology.

I'm not sure the Ottoman is strong enough to handle the depth, but there may be other boats that would.

They can use the torpedo tubes as the mold to guide the hot steel into the leaks.

Just a few thoughts.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by _WC2_

At which point did you lose your ability to allow other people their beliefs without insulting them simply because you don't agree with them , or were you just born ignorant and rude ?
Scuttle along little troll with 4 posts to your name and nothing constructive to add to the discussion.........

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join