It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love, how do you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

I haven't met you before. Your avatar is orange-tastic.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Maybe I misunderstood the OP. Are you referring to romantic love here?

I thought perhaps you were referring to a love for humanity, or love in a more meritorious, profound way.

Would you mind clarifying to which you are referring?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think a lot of people never really come to know what love really is. Unconditional acceptance and validation, to just be yourself.

Love is often confused, for example some people think that killing in the name of love is good but its not really about love when you kill, Its about fear. Also many people confuse a relationship with love when they are not the same thing.

I also think that many of us fear love itself and end up not loving ourselves and others leading to the problems that we all have in this life. With fear I feel that we use a great deal of our energy trying to be socially acceptable to everyone we are around instead of just being ourselves. Whether is be how we dress, what we say, or what we do its stressful and draining to not be ourselves.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I was refering to general terms of love. Not so much in a romantic way, but in applying it to everything people do.

Second line.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Love is a frequency. It is something that you emanate without having to do anything. We as a society have been so brainwashed to believe that love is conditional. We believe that it is something that you do or buy or have to be worthy of. That is all ego. True love is a state of being and is far more powerful than anything we could ever imagine.

The process of ascension (you can google it) is what will connect us all to true love. This is the whole point of 2012, The Age of Aquarius, our new earth, moving into the fifth dimension (whatever you want to refer to it as).

Through this process I can personally attest to feeling a love and bliss that is out of this world. It is still not yet a constant state of being for me but I am getting closer with each day that passes. And that is what we are, or will be, working towards.

We as a society do not even realize that this amount of happiness and peace and joy could be possible, in every moment - just because that is who and what we are. We just choose to accept life as something that we must "get through" and suffer through. And choose to accept love is something that comes from outside of ourselves.

But this is all going to change very soon.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

You haven't mentioned children. When you have children, then you will know love.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

You haven't mentioned children. When you have children, then you will know love.

Unfortunately not all parents come to know love when they have children. Some parents just can't cope with the responsibility of having a child so they abuse or neglect the needs of the child.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Alot of people today have no interest in kids, so that is not something they want to do or want like i.

Love is what ever you want or others want, but not everyone.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
reply to post by orange-light

I haven't met you before. Your avatar is orange-tastic.

neither me you – we could start to love

may i quote you in my signature? to give kudos to the girl who did the avy for me
?
thanks

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

but a child loves you - no matter what you do - your child loves you
maybe not later on when they are older - maybe about 8 or 9 +
but before that age they love you with every breath with every heartbeat!

parents might not feel this towards their children but the other way round - it is amazing

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
There are different kinds of love.

Love of money and power is an obsession and not actually love.

Love of people, animals and the world is based on compassion and empathy.

Lust can often be mistaken for love, but the two can co-exist if you are lucky.

Love of self is important, because without this you cannot extend love to others.

And loving to have power over people and to mistreat people or animals is not love, either, it is a sick obsession which also comes back to having power.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Love of people, animals and the world is based on compassion and empathy.

Thats the one i resonate with the most i think. How do you express it? Not that one individually, but if you did. Is there some sort of practice you engage or feeling that resonate, something you can identify with?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

If you truly feel it, it will find its own expression.

It is not something you can force.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Real love is when you stop gazing into one another's eyes, and begin to look forward instead, together. It feels wonderful.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Alot of people today have no interest in kids, so that is not something they want to do or want like i.

This. ^^^

I'm never having kids, I got snipped just to be sure. I'm never getting married either. I'm not going through the hell I put my parents through. And I'm not putting any kids through the hell they put me through. I'd rather be alone.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by minute2midnight

Originally posted by andy1033

This. ^^^

I'm never having kids, I got snipped just to be sure. I'm never getting married either. I'm not going through the hell I put my parents through. And I'm not putting any kids through the hell they put me through. I'd rather be alone.

Exactly, even though i have done nothing wrong in my life, being the way i am has brought alot of problems into our family, with me being targeted by scum.

No one on earth should have the right to treat humans the way i was treated, and i am glad i found out about this stuff, before i became age to go along with peer pressure etc to just live a life that others consider normal.

But man everyone thinks people want what they have, but i do not. Plus i am glad i will never know what they have either.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Love feels like your in pain when in lower dimensionality. It feels like your heart is going to explode, love is high dimension in nature. It feels like you are moving when you are not, and everything moves slow. It feels like you are the only one alive, yet not alone. It feels like everyone can only see who you are, because you are yourself. It feels like your getting a rush of air in your heart, and you start to unfold. It feels warm, and beautiful, like the sun on your skin. When you experience it time stops, and collapses back onto itself.(folds) Love is faught against, so to love usually means these days means what not to be, and is misconstrued usually as evil, the minds of many are insane to the point of non-understanding where the truth would destroy who they are. The love is too much for some to handle the regressive's go insane when it hits. Hence the fighting. Love is truth. When it comes, you will be given the chance to accept it. We all come into life with love. There are types of people who come in to hold and carry love for god for when the time is right. There are people who come in as warriors of god, usually they are sent when the matter is getting out of hand or with important messages. He sends his angels. Who are guides for his children, and take in all the evil seeds and replace it with love, they used to be called kings.

Jesus was one such man. It takes a great soul to come for this purpose. Many have the abililty, few have chosen such path. If god came in fully in presence, it would destroy you. He is too powerful to hold his energy in such a lower form, without all of nature to bind his power/love together.

There are people who hold darkness and within carry the seeds of light. Their job is to push the world into fear and darkness, to show people what not to do, and these beings hold love and light within. Do not judge them. They are just as loved. When its all over they will cheer you on as they walk into the abyss, and even some may walk with you towards the light. Then there are those who are seeds of evil. They are insane souls who were trapped inside a reality once before, trapped inside an insideous realm, that went totally corrupt and universes had to be destroyed by god. Such seeds were planted on this planet from another realm before it was destroyed. So god sent his angels to deal with it.

There are people who drum to the song of the creator. They have an inexcplicable energy around them. Darkness feeds light. Light destroys darkness. This world is going to change so fast its going to be like nothing ever happend. Only in its purest form, light and darkness combine to the will of the creator. That is love. To realise there are no two sides, no duality. There is only love. Love is everything. It is only when you put your entire being into what you believe you will find love, or love will find you.

When dark and light souls come together and realise they are one. Love is created.

Once you find it, don't let go. You can only carry it when you accept it, and it asks that you let all things go.

Love is part emotion and part mental.

When you are finally done playing games, and you want to go home. And you would do anything to take you there. You would give your self, your life, your soul. You just want it to end, and in your mind are the thoughts of everyone, the pain of everything and of earth, when you feel like it is the pain of you, and you just want to heal yourself.

So this is how he did it.

Love is when you would detach yourself from love, to solidify and to give love.

Love is disregarding everyone, including yourself and giving nothing to those not who do not see you. And giving everything to divine beings and earth.

Its like walking that long path, its slow, you keep your eyes on where your going and you dont stop.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Love is the state of existance that society opresses. It is a butterfly effect. A timebomb. It is ingrained into every human being. It is seeing, and treating, all other human beings as yourself - out of a conscious decision to be a positive force on the world. Unfortunately, selfishness causes us to place our own wants and needs above those of others. Fear causes us to paranoically look out for our own interests. Greed makes us elevate ourselves over others. From the outset in modern society, we are encouraged to look out for the self and are fed a sexually fueled interpretation of what love is.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by the_love_revolution

Love is anything that you make it, becuase love is joy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join