It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love, how do you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I often see posts of people talking about love. My question to you is, how are you bringing this into your life and your being? Are you using meditation? What type of meditation and how? Feeling? What does it feel like? Action? What types of actions and commitments? I am curious about how this task is accomplished. Its easy to say love, but to mean it is something else. How do you mean it?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I have to agree with him. People so easily talk about love; they get married, next day they divorce. What was love? It was lust.

Love is unconditional and indivisible caring of everything. If you love your wife more than a bee which stung you - you don't know nothing about love.

-v

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
its false; from one pretext of thought to another comprehension to anothers intention. to someone treating someone right is love. to someone love is before an act of treating so giving is not quantifiable as an action; maybe thus a token such as an object.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

What about you?

Second line.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

Originally posted by Ausar
to someone treating someone right is love.

I guess that is one decent way to put it

But who or what defines right treatment? Someone might think that him helping his drunkard fellow to become sober is an act of love, even his drunkard fellow wants to drink. Someone may think that his preaching about Jesus is an act of love, even it causes hatred and resistance in some people? I think the right action is love, but the definition of right is somewhat allusive.

The words count next to nothing, but maybe 'appropriate action' is love. Sometimes act of love may appear to be something else. To be able to love, you have to know very much intuitively. Forcing one own opinions (no matter how right he thinks them to be) upon others is not love. Love is also respect of others.

It's a difficult concept and the meaning varies depending on one using it.

-v

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Love doesn't exist.

It's just a made up word. Life becomes much easier once you realize that fact.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

How are you defining the word love?

What lead you to this belief?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

Originally posted by minute2midnight
Love doesn't exist.

It's just a made up word. Life becomes much easier once you realize that fact.

I'm not sure about that. The 'way of being' the word "love" attempts to encompass, is real. But you are right, it is merely a word that has distinct meaning to different people.

I love these chips! You know what I mean

-v

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Eckhart Tolle has an interesting and, I believe, accurate assessment:

In the early stages of many so-called romantic relationships, role-playing is quite common in order to attract and keep whoever is perceived by the ego as the one who is going to "make me happy, make me feel special, and fulfill all my needs." "I'll play who you want me to be, and you'll play who I want you to be." That's the unspoken and unconscious agreement. However, role-playing is hard work, and so those roles cannot be sustained indefinitely, especially once you start living together. When those roles slip, what do you see? Unfortunately, in most cases, not yet the true essence of that being, but that which covers up the true essence: the raw ego divested of its roles, with its pain-body, and its thwarted wanting which now turns into anger, most likely directed at the spouse or partner for having failed to remove the underlying fear and sense of lack that is an intrinsic part of the egoic sense of self. What is commonly called "falling in love" is in most cases an intensification of egoic wanting and needing. You become addicted to another person, or rather to your image of that person. It has nothing to do with true love, which contains no wanting whatsoever.

Tolle also says that love isn't something can be cultivated in any way, such as through meditation; rather, it manifests automatically as a byproduct, so to speak, of being in a state of appreciation of the now. I'm paraphrasing but that's the gist.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

To me, love is (supposedly) an emotion. But this emotion doesn't exist. Love is just a word used in place of other emotions and feelings. For example, I 'love' my parents, meaning I 'respect' them. I 'love' my girlfriend, meaning I 'care' for her. I 'loved' my ex, meaning I 'lusted' for her. I 'love' italian food, meaning I 'enjoy' eating it. Etc...

It's just a word used as substitute. The fairy-tale version of love that most people spend their whole lives chasing after doesn't exist. It's not real.

[edit on 6/13/2010 by minute2midnight]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Love for me has always meant a partner you can confide in. Thus the reason I support gays. My wife and I communicate well and she keeps me sane when I shouldn't be. The definition is subjective though. Love ain't hard, just like pimpin ain't easy.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
you dont do a noun; you go to it, you communicate with it, you give to it or it away., as a construct that is thought in form as noun you meditate on "it".

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

What is love? How shall we define it? It means so many different things to so many and yet it is only one thing! Let me give you this, in the spirit of ‘love’.

I have a grandson, he is six, and he is beautiful and I love him.
When he is with me and I look into his eyes,
I see openness, innocence and wonder and I too am filled, with openness, innocence and wonder, and I think,
Is this god? Is this life? Is this the flower of life that is dancing before me?
And something comes through me that shines through my eyes,
and tempers my words with compassion and wisdom,
And he says ‘grandad, you have a brain the size of the planet’
And I say with a smile ‘if only my heart were so big’
And he hugs me and says ‘I love you grandad, do you know why?
Because you’re my boy’ and I have to turn away, and brush away a tear,
Lest he sees.

What is love? Love is life, it is the song of life, it is the song of the living cell!
It is the mystery of life revealed.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

Wow, without getting too sappy, that was a sweet reply midicon. That's the idea of Tolle (above); love isn't something you need to meditate to achieve, it's just presence and appreciation.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

Thanks Yuefo,
I worry when I put myself 'out there'. I never know how I will be received and sometimes expect the worst!
Midicon.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Some things that means to me to give love:

Have respect from all people (also if you don't have the same opinion)
Have an open ear for everyone (also for the enemy)
To make gifts, without exceptions
Have talks with old, sick and lonely people
Bring cookies for all into bureau
Be nice, and stay open minded
To have patience
And never disrespect people that are a bit dumber that you
Give a warm hearted smile to you colleagues (helps very much on Mondays)

My 2 Cents

[edit on 13-6-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

You know, it makes me wonder what minute2midnight above would think after reading your post. I doubt he has kids.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
people say that you have to love yourself if you want to love others or want to be loved by others.
i usually asked my self "how does it feel to love oneself"
i usually thought it is impossible, or that people who claiming this just want to tell me that i am not loving myself.
they also claimed that i would realize it if i am loving myself

it usually left me puzzled and pondering.

i know i love my son and i know he loves me.
which would be impossible if i am not loving myself.

than a friend told me: just ask yourself if you want to be your friend! if so you love yourself

yeah i would love to be my friend - now i am learning to be my best friend.

anyway: to love somebody is not only lust - that.s when i want to be in bed with a guy, can happen without love too - but to love somebody means to care about the other being. if i love somebody i want that being to be happy.
quiet simple to me
but you just can.t express the feeling.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I just project out hate period.

Thx but no thx for love and those things.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Love will mean different things to different people, there have been some good defenations hear. I personally don't know if love exists any more. As much as the fairy tale love would be nice its a fairy tale.

If love were to exist I would define it as putting another s happiness above your own.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join