It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Gives BP 48 Hours to Boost Containment Capacity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The Coast Guard hopefully is starting a much more broad sweep of the Government taking control of the situation and holding BP accountable .(News reports from this site)
www.bloomberg.com...

By Jim Polson and Jordan Burke June 12 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Coast Guard gave BP Plc 48 hours to find more capacity to contain its leaking oil well in the Gulf of Mexico after scientists and researchers doubled their estimates of the spill’s size. BP’s efforts don’t “provide the needed collection capacity consistent with the revised flow estimates,” said Rear Admiral James A. Watson, the federal on-scene coordinator, in a letter dated June 11. It was sent to Doug Suttles, BP’s chief operating officer for exploration and production, and was released today. BP plans to almost triple its capacity to capture oil from its leaking well to as much as 50,000 barrels a day by mid-July, the Coast Guard said yesterday. The plan calls for two pairs of production ships and shuttle tankers to replace a cluster of vessels at the site, Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen, the government’s national incident commander for the spill, said yesterday at a press conference in Washington.

Also Some great info from this site about the situation .

beta.thehindu.com... e=true

The United States on Saturday increased pressure on energy giant BP Plc, giving it 48 hours to boost capacity to contain the gushing oil well in the Gulf of Mexico, as government scientists said the spill could be twice as bad as previously estimated. United States’ government scientists Thursday said anywhere from 20,000 to 40,000 barrels of oil per day could have been leaking out of the ruptured wellhead since the Deepwater Horizon rig sank to the bottom of the ocean on April 22. The government previously offered a range of 12,000 to 25,000 barrels per day, already making it the worst oil spill in the country’s history

I truthfully hope this is the start of what should have been done from day one and the feds use every bit of there reach to gain control of the situation .BP has lied and withheld information from the start ,the different camera angles released days later are all the proof you need .This must be stopped and a solution found now to save the gulf and all those hurt by this disaster.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by essanance]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
BP plans on catching 50K barrels of oil a day by mid-July. That confirms there's at least that much coming out now.
I want to know, how the Hell many barrels of oil are leaking out per day total.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
What steps can be taken if BP don't conform within 48 hours?

I thought the government were leaving it to BP to take care of it because the government doesn't have the necessary equipment to deal with the leak.

If that's still the case then the question has to be - 48 hours or they'll do what?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Maybe the US goverment didn't want to take control because they know the sea bed floor is cracked all over the place.

I hope Bp still has some recorded footage of what Haliburton was doing in the lead up to the explosion and will someone be asking Golden-Sacks why they sold a 46% stake in the company weeks before it blew up.

You can bet it was golden-sacks that shorted the airlines before 9/11 and we are still waiting to find out who it was unless you think you can make million $ bets on the exchanges without anyone knowing who place the bets.

Zionist finger prints are all over this Bp incident but they have such a powerfull grip on the worlds economy that i don't think we will findout any time soon by just asking questions.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
in New Scientist, they say the leak is about 40,000

I mean, even now, we still dont know the real number, we all know here that it is probably much more than that

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LieBuster

Maybe the US goverment didn't want to take control because they know the sea bed floor is cracked all over the place.

It's a good plan really.

Let the situation deterirate enough that even greenpeace will call for the use of a nuke to seal the hole.

top topics

join