It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan's ISI intelligence agency 'supports' Taliban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Pakistan's ISI intelligence agency 'supports' Taliban

news.bbc.co.uk

A new report claims to provide the most concrete evidence yet of direct links between Pakistan's ISI intelligence agency and the Taliban in Afghanistan.

The report says the ISI is providing funding, training and sanctuary to the Taliban on a scale much larger than previously thought.

The document was prepared by the London School of Economics (LSE).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
It has long been known that groups like the Taliban and Al Queda haven't been in Afghanistan since around 2001 but instead have been hiding across the border in Pakistan. But the question I have to ask is why are our countries (especially the UK and US) providing Pakistan with billion in aid every year when large parts of it are thought to have been syphoned off by the ISI to fund and arm these groups? In effect our governments are funding the killing of our own troops.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

All the evidence suggest Pakistan will be inaded, not Iran(part2)

Continuing from my previous thread posted by my previous account which got banned

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=8803960#pid8803960

4. Iran is not being attacked by drones right now, Pakistan is. These drone attacks play specific role I suspect. They are not to destroy threats against US, or against US military in Afghanistan, but to reduce the same threat against invasion which America faces right now in Afghanistan. Pakistan publicly can't do much about it, but to criticize the attacks.

Behind the curtains we all know what is going on, and that brings me to my second point:

5. Pakistan is playing a proxy game against America, not Iran.

The Taliban would have been defeated along time ago without support, this is very true with any resistance group. Look at Iraq, the only reason why the Iraqi resistance shattered was and still is because they have no support from any side.

6. Pakistan is the last country to support the Taliban, while Iran helped America in regards to the Taliban.

Iran helped America, although America didn't say thank you publicly, I'm sure they did behind close doors.

7. The failed NY bombing, and its immediate admission by the supposed Taliban, and the straight away refusal of the admission by the Americans, and then the acceptance of admission after the suspect was captured, who wasn't bald as shown in the suspect photo, was and is very fishy.

Point number 5 is bold because new evidence suggests my prediction is correct:

It claims the ISI provides funding and training for the Taliban, and that the agency has representatives on the so-called Quetta Shura, the Taliban's leadership council, which is believed to meet in Pakistan.

english.aljazeera.net...

Point number 8 of my thread was:

8. No they are not after Iran, they want Pakistan, and Pakistan knows it therefore trying not to give the US any excuse to blow it up in to pieces. I suspect that is the only reason why Pakistan has created this pretense that it is fighting its own people.

This also turned out to be true:

It claims Asif Ali Zardari, the Pakistani president, met with senior Taliban prisoners earlier this year and promised to release them. Zardari reportedly told the detainees they were only arrested because of American pressure.

english.aljazeera.net...

And I also made a response to an ATS collegue in regards:

Pakistan intentionally gave ISI this much power, due to the fact that they knew America would pressure them to do things which they wouldn't agree upon. To fight that pressure the ISI is allowed to basically do anything. They have alot of power.

ISI:

..a powerful and almost autonomous political and military force

This way the West won't be able to blame Pakistan for anything, since in plain picture it seems Pakistan is helping the West but in 3D it is working in complete opposite, countering Western control of Muslim countries.

So what do you think?

How long before a nuclear war between the American empire VS Pakistan erupts?

Will the rogue empire avoid any conflict with Pakistan due its short comings internally? Hence the melt down of the economy?

How long before America looses patience?

Or has America already lost patience therefore sending drones to kill innocent Pakistani in daily bases?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
why does this not surprise me.
Why didn't Dubya invade Pakistan
after finding the ISI wired $100,000
to Attah ????

And now, it's in black and white they
funding terrorism.

Alright Obama
whatcha gonna do ????

Do you think that a NWO is gonna
stop terrorism after we all give up
all our rights and our guns???
hell no !!!!

So why should we bow to the
NWO if they cannot help us???

The only thing the NWO is good for
is to make slaves out of the law-abiding
folks. It does nothing to curtail the rogue
states with nuclear armaments.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Pakistan's ISI has been involved in some pretty shady stuff. I know not much about the agency has been discussed here on ATS compared to the many threads on the CIA and Mossad.

[edit on 13/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Pakistan's ISI has been involved in some pretty shady stuff. I guess most members are too occupied with scrutinising CIA and Mossad to pay much attention to nefarious activities conducted by the ISI...

I'm actually happy that there is at least some force which is countering the rogue empire, I just can't wait till the collapse, only then will the truth be exposed.

I can smell the collapse.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

Doesn't really matter. All intelligence agencies are in the pocket of the Black Pope anyway. He has the power and resources to cause empires to stand or fall.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

reply to post by LittleSecret

Doesn't really matter. All intelligence agencies are in the pocket of the Black Pope anyway. He has the power and resources to cause empires to stand or fall.

Do you have relevant information in regards, or maybe a thread within ATS?

second line.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret

Pakistan's ISI has been involved in some pretty shady stuff. I guess most members are too occupied with scrutinising CIA and Mossad to pay much attention to nefarious activities conducted by the ISI...

I'm actually happy that there is at least some force which is countering the rogue empire, I just can't wait till the collapse, only then will the truth be exposed.

I can smell the collapse.

One empire falls, another rises. That is the only truth that will be exposed.

Since the US is mostly homegenous unlike Yugoslavia or the USSR, its fall will be more akin to the Weimar Republic or Tsarist Russia.

Either way, when the dust settles, the thing that rises in our place will be a real "American Imperium" in every sense of the term. The kind with real extermination camps, actual wars for global conquest, and a very real prison state.

The only thing anyone will be smelling is the stench of incinerators and the ash raining from mushroom clouds.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
CIA and ISI have been working closely together since the early 70s.

If you red the complete 911 timeline www.historycommons.org... ne

By reading this timeline, you might start to wonder why CIA for instance didn't care to investigate into the PDB report prior to 911. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yes one empire falls and another rises, but the empire which is standing has the capability to hide all its crimes, and I'm interesting in those facts being revealed, hence the mass murder of innocent Iraqi to orchestrate a civil war for the sake of victory.

The bombings in the markets of Iraq which targeted only civilians were done by the special forces of the empire. Those bombings were blamed on the resistance, demeaning the resistance therefore allowing the empire to defeat the resistance without having any real combat.

Hate, and terrorism was used as a weapon to beat the Iraqi resistance.

Now I'm afraid that same tactic is being deployed in Afghanistan, my home country.

I don't want innocent women and children being killed for the sake of victory, hence the recent attack on a wedding party then blamed on the resistance.

Without the truth, there is no justice, without justice, there can never be peace.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by LittleSecret]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Alright Obama
whatcha gonna do ????

Probably very little except appease and send them even more money to kill our own troops
and if the British Government did actually do something there would likely be a civil war within the UK started by the Pakistani nationals we have been letting flood in since the 1950's

[edit on 13-6-2010 by solidshot]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
so isi funds the talibans
and cia funds al-qaida
soon we´ll probobly hear that mossad fund hamas or hezbollah

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
so isi funds the talibans

Actually it is us indirectly that is funding the Taliban, The western countries are handing Pakistan billions in aid every year. And there have been some strong rumours for years now that the isi have been syphoning off a large proportion of this.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Pakistan is the most peaceful and honest country?!!!
I wonder why nobody is asking why US attacks every country but Pakistan which is the heartland and paradise for fanatics. Nonetheless they are giving more and more money..
For what????

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by chaosinorder

to my knowing u.s has fired serveral missiles and drones during this year in to pakistan killing not only people at weddings but suspected terrorists aswell

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Almost every time a missile strike is ordered it is then claimed that it has hit a wedding.... they must have a hell of a lot of weddings there. Or more likely it is a part of a PR campaign to put pressure on our military and divert attention away from the shenanigans the Pakistani government are up to.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
We were all red and now we are all terrorists so what will we be next.

The USA won't attack pakistan when they can do a little bit of black ops and get india to do the dorty work.

reply to post by boondock-saint

"why does this not surprise me.
Why didn't Dubya invade Pakistan
after finding the ISI wired $100,000
to Attah ???? "

looks like you need to follow that lead a little bit further.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

It's pretty true Pakistan is hotbed of terrorist, reason being Pakistan's I.S.I are the creators of many extremist groups thanks to all the funds being provided by USA. If you do a search you will find many resource where India highlighted this issue to US and other western powers who were funding Pakistan only to be ignored. I remember once US also claimed that there were no terrorist in Pakistan to India even after India provided detailed reports of activities with photographs of extremist training camps. There was said to be upto 56 camps approx. existing inside Pakistan at one time.

It is just not Pakistan ISI but the main support these groups receive are from Pakistan army. These same army officers join Pakistan ISI after retirement.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Found another report on this story here

He said the strategy had support at the highest level, and detailed a visit made by President Zardari to a secret prison where he addressed 50 high-ranking Taliban captives. “Reportedly, he told them they were arrested because he was under a lot of pressure from the Americans and that, ‘you are our people, we are friends, and after your release we will of course support you to do your operations.’”

Telegraph

There were already reports that the leader of the Afghanistan Government had ordered the review of all Taliban prisoners sentences and that where possible they should be released. So is this a concerted attempt by both governments to over run our troops?

top topics

join