It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
4. Iran is not being attacked by drones right now, Pakistan is. These drone attacks play specific role I suspect. They are not to destroy threats against US, or against US military in Afghanistan, but to reduce the same threat against invasion which America faces right now in Afghanistan. Pakistan publicly can't do much about it, but to criticize the attacks.
Behind the curtains we all know what is going on, and that brings me to my second point:
5. Pakistan is playing a proxy game against America, not Iran.
The Taliban would have been defeated along time ago without support, this is very true with any resistance group. Look at Iraq, the only reason why the Iraqi resistance shattered was and still is because they have no support from any side.
6. Pakistan is the last country to support the Taliban, while Iran helped America in regards to the Taliban.
Iran helped America, although America didn't say thank you publicly, I'm sure they did behind close doors.
7. The failed NY bombing, and its immediate admission by the supposed Taliban, and the straight away refusal of the admission by the Americans, and then the acceptance of admission after the suspect was captured, who wasn't bald as shown in the suspect photo, was and is very fishy.
It claims the ISI provides funding and training for the Taliban, and that the agency has representatives on the so-called Quetta Shura, the Taliban's leadership council, which is believed to meet in Pakistan.
8. No they are not after Iran, they want Pakistan, and Pakistan knows it therefore trying not to give the US any excuse to blow it up in to pieces. I suspect that is the only reason why Pakistan has created this pretense that it is fighting its own people.
It claims Asif Ali Zardari, the Pakistani president, met with senior Taliban prisoners earlier this year and promised to release them. Zardari reportedly told the detainees they were only arrested because of American pressure.
Pakistan intentionally gave ISI this much power, due to the fact that they knew America would pressure them to do things which they wouldn't agree upon. To fight that pressure the ISI is allowed to basically do anything. They have alot of power.
..a powerful and almost autonomous political and military force
This way the West won't be able to blame Pakistan for anything, since in plain picture it seems Pakistan is helping the West but in 3D it is working in complete opposite, countering Western control of Muslim countries.
Originally posted by inforeal
Now these Taliban doesn’t suppose to have ANY major power or minor for that matter backing them up in this war against NATO and America.