It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Republicans add Arizona-like law to platform

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hulk Hogan
good, i wish this hippy state of california would get with it, but they are to busy not reading the laws right.

really it's hilarious, you are breaking the law if you enter illegally, yet the mayor of los angeles is fine with it! truly amazing!

Hulk Hogan, Go for it, tell every one you know, Call and fill up their message machine, fax and send e-mails. Contact a local am radio station and ask for help.
Come on, it's up to us, the citizen to vote this TRASH OUT!
You can contact your city government here. cm.public@lacity.org
You can contact your City government by phone, mail, or electronically via email or online form. The easiest way to contact us is by calling 3-1-1 for non-emergency city services. With in the greater Los Angeles area:
Dial toll-free 866.4LA.CITY (866.452.2489)

Outside the greater Los Angeles area: Dial 213.473.3231

For the hearing impaired: Dial TDD Number 213.473.5990

For Specific Services

Search the Citywide Services Directory (CSD) by keyword or phrase to find a service and the corresponding contact information.

For Departments and Elected Official Offices

Visit CityFone to find the public phone directories of City Departments and Elected Official Offices.
Or, go to the available online contact/comment forms of City Departments and Elected Official Offices:

You can contact your City government by phone, mail, or electronically via email or online form. The easiest way to contact us is by calling 3-1-1 for non-emergency city services:

Within the City of Los Angeles: Dial 3-1-1

Within the greater Los Angeles area:

For Specific Services

Search the Citywide Services Directory (CSD) by keyword or phrase to find a service and the corresponding contact information.

Visit CityFone to find the public phone directories of City Departments and Elected Official Offices.
Or, go to the available online contact/comment forms of City Departments and Elected Official Offices:

For City Hall and Neighborhood City Halls

City Hall San Fernando Valley
200 North Spring St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 485-2121

Van Nuys Civic Center
14410 Sylvan Street
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818) 756-8121

San Pedro Westside
San Pedro Municipal Building
638 South Beacon Street
San Pedro, CA 90731
(310) 548-7721
West Los Angeles Municipal Building
1828 Sawtelle Bl
Rm 102
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310) 575 - 8888

200 North Spring St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 485-2121

Van Nuys Civic Center
14410 Sylvan Street
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818) 756-8121

San Pedro Westside
638 South Beacon Street
San Pedro, CA 90731
(310) 548-7721

1828 Sawtelle Bl
Rm 102
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310) 575 - 8888

Los Angeles County has approved a boycott of Arizona by a vote of 3-2. Here is the contact info of the 3 members in favor of the boycott:
Gloria Molina
Phone: (213) 974-4111
Fax: (213) 613-1739
Email: molina@bos.lacounty.gov

Mark Ridley Thomas
(213) 974-2222
(213) 680-3283 Fax
markridley-thomas@bos.lacounty.gov

Zev Yaroslavsky
(213)-974-2222
(213) 625-7360 Fax
zev@bos.lacounty.gov

[edit on 13-6-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Originally posted by Hulk Hogan
good, i wish this hippy state of california would get with it, but they are to busy not reading the laws right.

really it's hilarious, you are breaking the law if you enter illegally, yet the mayor of los angeles is fine with it! truly amazing!

Hulk Hogan, Go for it, tell every one you know, Call and fill up their message machine, fax and send e-mails. Contact a local am radio station and ask for help.
Come on, it's up to us, the citizen to vote this TRASH OUT!
You can contact your city government here. cm.public@lacity.org
You can contact your City government by phone, mail, or electronically via email or online form. The easiest way to contact us is by calling 3-1-1 for non-emergency city services. With in the greater Los Angeles area:

For Specific Services

You can contact your City government by phone, mail, or electronically via email or online form. The easiest way to contact us is by calling 3-1-1 for non-emergency city services:

Within the City of Los Angeles: Dial 3-1-1

Within the greater Los Angeles area:

For Specific Services

200 North Spring St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 485-2121

Van Nuys Civic Center
14410 Sylvan Street
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818) 756-8121

San Pedro Westside
638 South Beacon Street
San Pedro, CA 90731
(310) 548-7721
1828 Sawtelle Bl
Rm 102
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310) 575 - 8888

200 North Spring St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 485-2121

Van Nuys Civic Center
14410 Sylvan Street
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818) 756-8121

San Pedro Westside
638 South Beacon Street
San Pedro, CA 90731
(310) 548-7721

1828 Sawtelle Bl
Rm 102
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310) 575 - 8888

Los Angeles County has approved a boycott of Arizona by a vote of 3-2. Here is the contact info of the 3 members in favor of the boycott:
Gloria Molina
Phone: (213) 974-4111
Fax: (213) 613-1739
Email: molina@bos.lacounty.gov

Mark Ridley Thomas
(213) 974-2222
(213) 680-3283 Fax
markridley-thomas@bos.lacounty.gov

Zev Yaroslavsky
(213)-974-2222
(213) 625-7360 Fax
zev@bos.lacounty.gov

[edit on 13-6-2010 by guohua]
I am not actually from Los Angeles but very good idea, if we can get them on board then the entire state should be able to follow suit. I just cannot understand WHY any elected official can defend illegal immigration. at first I thought the arizona law was racist as well.....because I believed what people said.

then i read for myself. all it asks is you provide proof of evidence you live here.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This is hilarious... I would actually be extremely surprised if this law did pass in Texas. According to Texas demographics the majority of people in Texas are minority and of that majority they are Hispanic. Which means that Hispanics hold the majority vote in the state of Texas.

Also, Texas is the home of LULAC (League of United Latin American Citizens) and LULAC was founded in Texas. Texas also has more LULAC members than any other state in the US.

On a side note, I can't believe that all of you are actually falling for this law. It's obviously a ploy to require all of us to carry more identification, do you not realize that having an ID (Drivers License or Identification Card) or Social Security Card is not enough to prove you are an American Citizen? Which means we will all eventually have to carry passports, or something which is equivilant to a national ID card or bio-chip which will prove we are citizens. Read the Law and understand the abilities it grants, especially since they can't target race due to racial profiling they will eventually have to question everyone.

We have:

Illegal Chinese people
Illegal British people
Illegal Scottish people
Illegal Italian people
Illegal Irish people
Illegal African people
Illegal Hatti people
Illegal Cuban people
Illegal Mexican people
Illegal Every culture/race

In this country and the only way to justify questioning anyone about their citizenship is to question everyone about their citizenship.

OPEN YOUR EYES!!!

This is way bigger and worse than you can imagine.

I agree Illegals need to enter in the correct way and they shouldn't be allowed here. However, this law leaves it open to causing havoc for all Americans.

Once they realize that this is causing racial profiling through lawsuits, they will be forced to question everyone of us. And honestly counterfeit ID is so good now with computer tech that we will be required to move to a new form of Identification to prevent the lawsuits.

Speaking from experience, my cousin was riding with her son in his car (They are both born and raised American citizens in Phoenix, AZ) she was in the passenger seat and they were stopped by the police. Since she was not driving she didn't have her purse cause they were going to the store. Well the police stopped them and questioned them and they took my cousin in cause she didn't have her ID. Now my cousin is a full blooded American citizen (Great Great Great Grandmothers and Grandfathers parents were born here.) Hell our whole family was here since before this was the U.S. Yet she was questioned and taken in which in actuality violated her rights as a citizen. Her son had to drive all the way back to their house, find her purse and get her birth certificate and other doc's, then had to go to the sheriff's department just to prove she was an American citizen.

What happens if they don't have someone at home or around to call to pick up their evidence? I thought the law was Innocent till Proven Guilty?

Even before the law is fully enacted by the rest of the state the Maricopa County Sheriff is taking it in to his hands to Arrest American Citizens for not having their papers.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join