It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad says final countdown for Israel's existence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

lol, a win is a bonus...
We just want to get through the group stage...

Maybe this time an Italian player wont take a dive

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
reply to post by yuefo

He also said (in the same speech), "the issue with Palestine would be over the day that all refugees return to their homes and a democratic government elected by the people comes to power".

Yes mobius, he's talking about the hundreds of thousands of Palestinians that Israel, who the zionists drove out, refuses to allow to return. The policy of no return will never be acceptable. It's barbaric.

He, it is reported, denounced...

I'll stop there because "it is reported" doesn't cut it.

Assuming this is accurate,...

And I'll stop again, since I'm making no such assumption.

Based on his own words (if accurately reported) Ahmadinejad wants the Palestinians restored to their former homes (therefore displacing current Jewish residents).

Of course he does, everyone (except Israel and its supporters) does. Speaking of displacement, "Based on the UNRWA definition, the number of Palestine refugees has grown from 711,000 in 1950 to over four million registered with the UN in 2002." [Wikipedia]

And just how does the State of Israel survive this process?

By withdrawing from all the Palestinian land they have stolen since the UN land partition. Do you have any idea how much land they have stolen since they swore to abide by the UN partition in 1947?

why can't we just be honest about what the President of Iran is really saying?

He says what he says--I'm not a mind reader.

If you do not agree that he wants to overthrow the regime in Israel

He never said that "he" wants to overthrow anything.

...repatriate the Muslims who were moved in order the create the State of Israel

Absolutely, it's a must.

and then run this area an Islamic state...

The Palestinians already run their territory as such.

What steps do they plan to take to see their vision of the "new Israel" become a reality?

He may think as I do--that eventually the Israeli "regime" will self-destruct. But like I said, I'm not a mind-reader.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

Excellent response. Thank you.

PS...All of the conditionals are put in there, just so that I don't flamed for simply copy/pasting an internet source. My hope is that people will thus consider discussing the content, beyond simply saying the information from that particular source is not credible.

It makes it tough to carry on a conversation, if all we do is disavow all sources of information.

So, thanks for providing your thoughts once by this concern.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

I'm not flaming you but the fact is anytime the so called anti Israel posters use a link that is considered anti Israel, they get flamed..

Its obvious it MUST work both ways, yes?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Sure, it should go both ways, and it will.

As you know though, I think the impulse to immediately totally discredit someone's ideas or concerns, based on the perceived reliability of a news source, often gets in the way of discourse.

I don't know what the answer is, because obviously websites, blogs, news networks, etc. can have a bias...which affects their accuracy and reliability. And if people have been burned in the past because they have believed a source only to find out later it was flawed - then the next time they see it, they will be gun shy.

So, of course this will continue to go on.

It is nice, though, when we are able to get past this habit or tendency long enough to begin to actually exchange ideas...as happened in this case.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Hey, you know me...
Always open to a reasonable debate and flaming ats

Shouldn't say that, I just got into positive points

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale

I don't know what the answer is, because obviously websites, blogs, news networks, etc. can have a bias...which affects their accuracy and reliability. And if people have been burned in the past because they have believed a source only to find out later it was flawed - then the next time they see it, they will be gun shy.

Yeah, I agree with this and I don't know the answer either. It's gotten to be a mine field out there ferreting out reliable info, and I'm perhaps most suspicious of the "respectable" mainstream sources. With them though, a lot of times it's what they DON'T tell you that becomes the lie or bias.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I really loved this part
Russian Prime Pinister Vladimir Putin, for his part, promised to join Ankara in bringing the Israeli attack on the Turkish flotilla before the United Nations.
Pinister?? Is that the official title of MR Putin?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Jcury

Lol;, it wasn't exactly the Queen's English in a lot of places...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I thought the destruction of israel was just an unachievable dream.

I feel bad for the innocents that will perish, but Israel needs to be destroyed.

I can see people of another country saying that about America as well, unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by At0mZer0
Well since it's an israeli company that translates news into English, as proven after the false translation of the now famous "wipe israel off the map" comment, this may be the same type of situation.

Even if it's not, the 2nd largest Jewish population in the M.E. is in Iran. Remember that. They don't hate teh Jews, they hate the terrorist government of israel.

Again, they are not out to kill all the Jews in israel, no matter how the much the israeli propaganda will try to get you to think otherwise!

They are out to disband war mongering israeli government, as most of the world is!

[edit on 13-6-2010 by At0mZer0]

Your so biased and full of crap its pathetic "terrorist state israel" you could at least ATTEMPT to appear non-biased and look at this rationally.

Quit hiding your anti-semitism under the guise of "its not jews i hate...i hate israel"

BULLCRAP.

Where was international condemnation when israel was attacked and innocent civilians were killed by HAMAS?

THERE WAS NONE.

why?

because you are all biased against israel.

Just like this flotilla recently.....everyone was calling for israel to be charged with war crimes and even for israels destruction before even all the facts were stated.....its pure B.S.

Hypocrits the lot of you!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I thought the destruction of israel was just an unachievable dream.

I feel bad for the innocents that will perish, but Israel needs to be destroyed.

I can see people of another country saying that about America as well, unfortunately.

I rest my case.

THIS IS THE B.S. IM TALKING ABOUT!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by empireofpain

If you want to see a Hypocrit, I'd suggest a mirror...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The # is, in fact, hitting the fan, as we speak.

No good can come out of a war- Not for Israel, not for Palestine, not for anyone..
Israel will most definitely not be wiped out, and a war can only bring bad news to this region.

A war, if one will break out, will probably drive away peace from this area even further...
Iran should be helping Israel and Palestine reach peace by getting hamas to agree to talk to Israel, not fight it.

With respect (Is it so hard to have respect for one another? Can we avoid this "terrorist state of Israel" crap? And even though the hamas that leads them IS in fact a terrorist organization, you don't see me call the residents of Gaza any names, or any of the Palestinians for that matter.. Can't we all just grow up? Thanks),
Eliad.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
The # is, in fact, hitting the fan, as we speak.

No good can come out of a war- Not for Israel, not for Palestine, not for anyone..
Israel will most definitely not be wiped out, and a war can only bring bad news to this region.

A war, if one will break out, will probably drive away peace from this area even further...
Iran should be helping Israel and Palestine reach peace by getting hamas to agree to talk to Israel, not fight it.

With respect (Is it so hard to have respect for one another? Can we avoid this "terrorist state of Israel" crap? And even though the hamas that leads them IS in fact a terrorist organization, you don't see me call the residents of Gaza any names, or any of the Palestinians for that matter.. Can't we all just grow up? Thanks),
Eliad.

Hi Eliad!

Yeah! you're absolutely right about that, no good will ever come out of a war - for all people of this region.

It will just be another civilian massacre with many innocent women and children dead on both sides, and the hatred will go on and on!

But you my friend is from Israel where most ruling political parties in knesset are pro Zionist, who will fight fiercely against a two state solution where Israel has to give to the Palestinians a big chunk of their land back - because that would go completely against the Zionist political agenda.

So please explain to me how the hell they are going to solve this problem?

What concessions are Israel ready to make to achieve a long lasting peace and mutual understanding with the region and with the Palestinians?

The people of Israel has the right to live in peace and quiet and being able to live their lives in a safe environment, but the Palestinian people need to have the same rights.

There need of course to be some compromise of some sort, but will the people on the political right in Israel agree with such a decision with giving up settlements on all occupied Palestinian territories?

Would they give that up peacefully? who will force them to comply? IDF? UN?

Is there still hope for humanity, in general?

Are we alone in the Universe?

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Hi Chevalerous!

I think there is hope..
From the looks of it what I think is going to happen is this-
1) Settlements removed (by IDF ofcourse).
2) Jerusalem split in some way that fits both sides.
3) Border is set.
4) Compensations are paid for lands taken in 49.
5) Peace in the west bank.
6) Prosperity in the west bank.
7) Gaza uprise against hamas, or hamas stops terror and starts talking after seeing the west bank and with pressure from America, and Europe.
8) Borders, compensations, peace.
9) Rebuilding begins.
10) Someone screws everything up again..

Now the question is- will there still be terror (good chance that there will be), and what's going to happen then.

This is the only reasonable solution for the two states, as the 49' armistice was signed by all Arab nations and Israel after the war, and it was viewed by everyone as a legal border, Instead of pushing Israel back to the UN lines, which would have been much smarter..

In anyway this process is already agreed upon in principle, AFAIK, with the west bank.. Hopefully this'll all be solved soon.

With respect,
Eliad.

P.S- There is no hope for mankind.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Good always triumphs over evil.
Israel is God's chosen, Iran is making a huge mistake thinking they will win this one. Israel knows they have God on their side and will act swiftly and with extreme military dominance.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

If you want to see a Hypocrit, I'd suggest a mirror...

Why whathave i stated that was hypocriticle? thats right NONE.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
Good always triumphs over evil.
Israel is God's chosen, Iran is making a huge mistake thinking they will win this one. Israel knows they have God on their side and will act swiftly and with extreme military dominance.

Oh come on...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Hating scum is acceptable and justifiable - Israel wants to combine race, religion and state - so an attack on one can always be denounced as racist, religiously motivated or both. It is pure deflection - there has been great deal of reliable information regarding Israels crimes against the people in that region, and also the unjustifiable and criminal attack on the Turkish convoy.

Evil acts are to be condemned, and if those responsible hide behind the power of a state, then the entire state is to be condemned for not bringing them to justice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join