It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Media Guide - upload pics, embed pics, manage albums, avatar & sig, mini-profile backgrounds

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

What type of video are we talking about, have you got a link to a thread with an example of this problem?

[edit on 14/6/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Thanks for quick response... this is link for example

video help

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Well, for some reason the video wouldn't load for me...but I'm assuming before you uploaded the video it looked fine? If so, it's being cropped and resized for ATS media. There's not really much you can do, except try to make sure your videos are the correct aspect ratio for ATS Media. I think they need to be 4:3 but I'm not sure. It's a little bit beyond my scope of knowledge, and I've never actually uploaded a video to ATS Media, perhaps if you U2U a mod, you'll get more information.

[edit on 14/6/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
TESTING 1.2.3.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by 5 oClock]

[edit on 23-6-2010 by 5 oClock]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
*Testing*

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7680e59156d7.jpg[/atsimg]

Awesome work CHAOS, excellent! excellent! Many members will find this thread useful.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Signals]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Thank you CHA0S.

'wish I had found this thread before stumbling around the media portal for 1/2hr trying to upload an avatar ;-) haa

I'd appreciate if someone would clear up a few items; apologies if OT:
- what's the purpose of/where is the "mini profile"?
- there's no link to pics or vids from profiles, so how do you know he/she has any?
- no links to pics on the media portal, so again - how do you know what's being shared?
- I guess I'm just not understanding the purpose of the media portal, separate profiles, separate forums etc. Maybe I just haven't found the integration yet. Between ATS, BTS, media etc - how many other sub forums are there/what else I'm missing?

As far as the intro video, I thought it was missing/moved.

Thanks!

[edit on 2-7-2010 by AtlasShrugging]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtlasShrugging
- what's the purpose of/where is the "mini profile"?

The "mini profile" refers to the stuff to the left of posts when you're signed into ATS - the username, any titles, your avatar, etc.

- there's no link to pics or vids from profiles, so how do you know he/she has any?
- no links to pics on the media portal, so again - how do you know what's being shared?

There are actually links to pics on the media portal, it's just not easy to get them. If you go to the media portal, go to members, hit "toggle search options", search by membername for whoever's pictures you're looking for, go to their media portal profile, and choose "picture gallery" you can find them.

- I guess I'm just not understanding the purpose of the media portal, separate profiles, separate forums etc. Maybe I just haven't found the integration yet. Between ATS, BTS, media etc - how many other sub forums are there/what else I'm missing?

From what I've seen, they're planning to improve the integration (at least of ATS/BTS) when the new design that SkepticOverlord is working on gets launched. I'm hoping the integration of the media site will improve as well.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Thanks for answering those questions.

From what I've seen, they're planning to improve the integration (at least of ATS/BTS) when the new design that SkepticOverlord is working on gets launched. I'm hoping the integration of the media site will improve as well.
Yes, I think at least your normal ATS profile and your media profile should get combined...or perhaps even just a link to your media profile in your normal profile so anyone looking at your normal profile can easily go to your media profile and then your gallery if they want to see what pics you have. Otherwise, you do pretty much have to search for the member and do everything you said.

[edit on 2/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thank you both, I appreciate it.

They're merging ATS/BTS, but I hope media portal integration will be part of the redesign too. Like you said, at least a link would be nice.

Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.
Thanks!

[edit on 2-7-2010 by AtlasShrugging]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This is an Extremely Helpful Thread to us New Members, and maybe some
veteran members as well. Sincere Thanks for taking your personal time
to not only create it, but to think of us other members as well.

With Gratitude, Wildmanimal

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

1. This is the text you will use for your avatar.
2. This is the text you will use for your mini-profile background.
3. This is the text you can use to embed the image on a thread.

it was after 1:00 am in the morning one fine fourth of july weekend...

and ignorance was winning

a 5 year veteran of ats had not altered his avatar one damn bit since 2005.

and changes had been made...

i was looking for some time for a solution...

AND OUT OF CHAOS CAME .... ORDER

thanks!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Glad to see more people are finding this thread useful. I knew it wasn't a total waste of time.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I'm so happy i found this thread chaos, here, these are for you:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/081748eec552.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hi Chaos

i have tried updating a little bit my background image recently
to merge it with my nick all the way to the flag contributor level indicator
it his now indeed merged but something wrong with it lol
only one skull is enought dont want it to be repeated and all the rest is black
i have edited my image at least 10 times to make it look that way
put a new one in the Avatar URL box
now i have tried it via ATS store
put the /members/....jpg link
and look what it is doing lol
seems so easy but ... so far a little complicated
cant get it the way i want
im i doing something wrong ....

thanks for your futur help

[edit on 7/7/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Sorry if I took a little while to reply. It seems you just want a black mini-background color with your avatar appearing once. You seem to already have your avatar set, so just go into the ATS store and remove your mini-background image, and set your mini-background color to black. Any picture you set as your mini-background picture will be repeated, so you either need to use an image that looks good when it's repeated, or just use one color.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

Sorry if I took a little while to reply. It seems you just want a black mini-background color with your avatar appearing once. You seem to already have your avatar set, so just go into the ATS store and remove your mini-background image, and set your mini-background color to black. Any picture you set as your mini-background picture will be repeated, so you either need to use an image that looks good when it's repeated, or just use one color.

^^^^ what he said, except for type the word "none" in the box for mini-background image...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

reply to post by Ben81

^^^^ what he said, except for type the word "none" in the box for mini-background image...

great the "none" worked fine ....50% of the problem fixed lol
and now for the background image color .. the other 50%

i start to understand more how this work lol
thanks a lot to both
greatly appreciated

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
new question

i dont want to waste or lost by mistake some ATS for nothing
i just want a black background
didnt find black ... on the help color thing
what should i enter in the box ?? to put the background black behind the white colored nick that goes all the way down to the flag contributor level
entering just "black" wont work it say
sorry for all my questions lol im still learning on ATS on how many things work

[edit on 7/8/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Ok, you want to put six 0's into the box. 000000 - like that. That is for pure black, dark as you can go.

[edit on 8/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

Ok, you want to put six 0's into the box. 000000 - like that. That is for pure black, dark as you can go.

[edit on 8/7/10 by CHA0S]

ahh excellent
we can clearly see more with the black back ground
costed me 250 ats points lol ... worth it

and after how many points can you change member to writer below the nick ?

thanks for your help

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join