It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

No intent to devalue BP: Obama

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

No intent to devalue BP: Obama


www.reuters.com

President Barack Obama told British Prime Minister David Cameron on Saturday that he had no interest in undermining the value of oil company BP Plc following the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. But as frustration grew on the 54th day of the leak that continues to gush from a blown-out undersea well, a U.S. Coast Guard official told the London-based energy giant to come up with a better containment plan in 48 hours. In a 30-minute phone call the two leaders downplayed tensions over the oil spill and reaffirmed close ties. But a U.S. official said Obama will insist that BP pays clea
(visit the link for the full news article)



[edit on 12-6-2010 by theability]




posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Here we go again, Obama is sure showing his rookie side and is loyalty is definitely not with the USA and the damages that are being done everyday to the region.

This is sickening, madness for the President to say Oh its ok BP we don't want to tarnish your image, especially when you contribute to my election campaign.

When are we going to demand a leader for our country? When will enough be enough for the American people? Soon there won't be a time for decisions and the damage will be present for all time.

Obama you have proven yourself to be PATHETIC!

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Actually, its simple media downplay. The seriousness of the situation is probably way too much to release to the general public. Therefore, we get the usual run around.



posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I said a prayer today for BP:

Dear Lord,


We forgive them. Please help them in this terrible time, because they are the ones who are in control of this oil well. Give them success at the leak, Lord, and keep them in business, no bankruptcy, no way out, period.


Help them to be successful and prosperous, Lord, so that they can be around for a long, long, long time, cleaning up the Gulf, paying those people who should be, and investing in permanent trusts and funds to clean and maintain in perpetuity all the marshes and beaches affected by this horrible oil spill.

Lord, we thank you for all the money BP will make, that will go directly to the areas affected, directly to the people affected, for as long as that takes,

Amen.

How can we get these things if BP is devalued? Let them continue to do what they do, since they can't be stopped. Let them make the money that will pay for what has happened to our Gulf Coast.



posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability


Here we go again, Obama is sure showing his rookie side and is loyalty is definitely not with the USA and the damages that are being done everyday to the region.

This is sickening, madness for the President to say Oh its ok BP we don't want to tarnish your image, especially when you contribute to my election campaign.

When are we going to demand a leader for our country? When will enough be enough for the American people? Soon there won't be a time for decisions and the damage will be present for all time.

Obama you have proven yourself to be PATHETIC!

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



So very well stated , except for the fact you forgot to mention the double game he is playing in front of the American Public ! Well im sure you did think about that too..
Star to you



posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker-Mtl
 




So very well stated , except for the fact you forgot to mention the double game he is playing in front of the American Public ! Well im sure you did think about that too..
Star to you


He is playing both sides your right!


Ahh all this is like a sick joke, yet tomorrow it will be the same old story again.



posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by theability
 


Absolutely Right ! There all the same !
Things never change ......



posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker-Mtl
 


My question is how would the government change this now?

OT how did you dress the little squirrel? He's cool!



posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I think BP is doing a good enough job devaluing it's own image, it doesn't need any help from Obama.



posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability
reply to post by Rocker-Mtl
 


My question is how would the government change this now?

OT how did you dress the little squirrel? He's cool!



The Government needs to be changed and not run by lawyers that become politicians but by real people , and as for the BP incident im sure they did not want that to happen, as for the President saying he was on it on day one ? I doubt that , he could have asked the military engineers , scientists working for the government under contract, other oil companies to get in on it right away and except any help from any country , and 17 if im correct did from the start and it never happened ! Why ???? He played the blame game and so did the media , was that the important issue ? No sir , get the damn thing under control at any cost and leave the experts handle it , the pressures that were put on BP and coast guards etc , did only one thing put more stress on the people that needed to concentrate on the problem and fix it , never mind who comes up with the solution (country or company) after that do damage control to minimum and then and only then , investigate who to blame , if this would have been done i would bet this would have been better contained and possibly already under control , but some decided not too .........
Ah the squirrel , i wish i could say i dressed him but i think hes actually really part of the National Guard ! LOL just kidding found the little guy on the net , i too wondered how that was done since he is alive and not stuffed!



posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker-Mtl
 



If you ask me this whole fiasco is the tipping stone for things to come in the future world. One failure after another world wise, governments are making such huge mistakes and acting like its no big deal.

If this continues then there is only one direction for us on this planet and that would be, uggg, destruction, completely on global scales.

Another note, if this is planned, one thing that can't be controlled is the backlash or "hurricane" effect of all these events compounding throughout the world could destroy the climate and and future the earth has to harbor humans and the life we need so much to survive.

Scary stuff.



posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability
reply to post by Rocker-Mtl
 



If you ask me this whole fiasco is the tipping stone for things to come in the future world. One failure after another world wise, governments are making such huge mistakes and acting like its no big deal.

If this continues then there is only one direction for us on this planet and that would be, uggg, destruction, completely on global scales.

Another note, if this is planned, one thing that can't be controlled is the backlash or "hurricane" effect of all these events compounding throughout the world could destroy the climate and and future the earth has to harbor humans and the life we need so much to survive.

Scary stuff.

What is so Scary is that its mistake after mistake by the Government , (money,power and Greed) things are almost gone beyond control and if it does not stop , their will be nothing left to correct , not only the oil disaster but the way their also playing with certain countries as if it were a video game , all it takes is one country to start a war and were done ! All of us.... Look at all the things going on right now threats from every side .... not looking to good for all our futures , and i still say the people should be in control of government and not the other way around .... the lies and things they hide from fear that people will take back their governments and control them as it should be



posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
the british public needs a REALITY CHECK.

do they expect share prices to hold or not drop significantly after such a DISASTER?

they also need to understand that everyone is angry at the CORPORATION, BP and not the british people.



posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker-Mtl
 


Your last post say everything perfectly.

They treat the planet and the affairs of "Earth" Like a video game.

So right and so wrong in so many ways!



posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer
the british public needs a REALITY CHECK.

do they expect share prices to hold or not drop significantly after such a DISASTER?

they also need to understand that everyone is angry at the CORPORATION, BP and not the british people.


True True but i do not think its only BP's fault , as i said before they were hindered in the process of finding a way to fix it . This was an Accident .
And Hell no the British have no blame to take




top topics



 
5

log in

join