It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is my solution to the spill in the gulf of mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
www.ireport.com...

Here is my solution to the spill in the gulf of mexico.Feedback is enjoyed and I want to hear some other solutions and or modifications to mine.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Nice try but the hydrocarbons would freeze in the pumps they would have to be on the surface. And using electromagnets under water requires a sealed system. which would reduce there effectiveness 1 mile down. You could accomplish the same thing with hydraulics to clamp onto the pipe. In fact ive wondered why they havnt made hydraulic clamps to seal the pipe?

PS want to give you credit for thinking outside the box keep it up youll go along way into finding solutions others dont think of.

[edit on 6/12/10 by dragonridr]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Nice try but the hydrocarbons would freeze in the pumps they would have to be on the surface. And using electromagnets under water requires a sealed system. which would reduce there effectiveness 1 mile down. You could accomplish the same thing with hydraulics to clamp onto the pipe. In fact ive wondered why they havnt made hydraulic clamps to seal the pipe?

PS want to give you credit for thinking outside the box keep it up youll go along way into finding solutions others dont think of.

[edit on 6/12/10 by dragonridr]

I was thinking that the pulleys and all the other things can be sealed within an airtight seal to keep them away from the oil. I also wanted the magnets to have an energy source to get more and more electrons flowing through the tube but only as long as it is needed to lower the object into place.

Then because the metal ceases to be magnetic the springs wouldn't be compressed anymore and then close the gap. The rest is just used to describe how to pump it.

And I'm sure we can use another process to heat the hydrocarbons so they won't freeze.

Thanks I thought I was gonna get bashed and be called an idiot, it's nice to see a change in the way people act.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
no, really, that's a very good idea - even if there are some roadblocks, at least you are thinking and i feel confident you are on a track far more direct than the suits in their glass towers.

don't stop - you might be our life-saver!

i was thinking out loud the other day and i said, why can't we just pump Roman cement down on the hole, non-stop until it stops?

remember, Roman cement used lava ash (from Vesuvius?) in their mix and it could cure underwater!

eventually, a heavy mass would stop the flow.

but then i said DOH! ani, you idiot - they will NEVER go for that because they do not want to lose their vein into that mother lode oil field.

they'd rather pollute our world trying to reclaim the oil rather than do what is right for EVERYONE including our Mother!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

They would still have to take time getting the cement and still have to lower it in there. But other than that I don't see why it shouldn't work. But it's probably because I don't really know how roman cement works.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
My thought were just drill some holes in the side of the pipe before the broken end. Shove bars into the holes so they span the pipe inside. Then inject the junk shot of deflated tire inner tubes that would collect on the rods and eventually slow or stop the flow.

Just an idea.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

that's good, too.

i think what is happening, though, is that there might be more smaller leaks here and there down the length of the pipe - little blow-outs from the capping efforts, etc.

i think the pressure must be unprecedented in this hole - after all, they were drilling the usual deep well after going down a mile in the water!
that's a huge difference in depth!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
My thought were just drill some holes in the side of the pipe before the broken end. Shove bars into the holes so they span the pipe inside. Then inject the junk shot of deflated tire inner tubes that would collect on the rods and eventually slow or stop the flow.

Just an idea.

I don't really think they can drill over there.And how would we know if we got in the holes or not?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
the latest news seems to preclude any of our ideas, folks.

the sea floor might be collapsing, or collapsed already.

BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD
*sigh*

stop on the way to send your god a prayer.
i am

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
the latest news seems to preclude any of our ideas, folks.

the sea floor might be collapsing, or collapsed already.

BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD
*sigh*

stop on the way to send your god a prayer.
i am

Mine doesn't include the sea floor but I guess they can send some stuff down there when it clears up.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
What is needed is a way for the seafloor UNDER the collapse to be repaired/ bolstered.

One way I can see to do that is cause a volcanic eruption, under the oil. The how is beyond my grasp of science.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

Thanks I thought I was gonna get bashed and be called an idiot, it's nice to see a change in the way people act.

You are NOT an idiot Gentill!

You are one of the FEW people actually trying to think of solutions to our problems.

You are one of the few humans I think are worth sticking around for.

I like your idea, but we have a potential problem that I would like you to consider and maybe see if you can come up with any solutions or theories.

There might be a underground leak 1000meters down into the well, allowing the fluid to seep out into the surrounding bedrock, creating a entire host of serious problems. *Very possibly*.

How can we fix that?

The only solution I have seen for a deep well rupture is a nuke. There just seems to be no other way to get down there and do anything about it.

Go think about this some, and come back and let us know what you come up with.

If you cannot think of anything, don't feel bad! We can't either!

Starred for actually trying and using your brain while the rest of the world just gripes moans and says "woe me".

You are a rare breed my friend. I am honored to be in your presence.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I was thinking about flipping the big tube that I had for the oil and plug it into the sea floor then freezing it. And you replied to the wrong thread. the freezing thread is here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
What is needed is a way for the seafloor UNDER the collapse to be repaired/ bolstered.

One way I can see to do that is cause a volcanic eruption, under the oil. The how is beyond my grasp of science.

What would we name the new island that forms there ? Horizon? Sorry, bad joke I guess...

I guess we could drill all the way through the oil chamber down all the way to the magma chambers.

That is super risky though, (I guess?).

I would think a nuke is a far safer bet actually. Never thought I'd ever say nukes are safer, but in this case yeah, it's safer lol.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

First I would try to get any readings there.
Maybe using the technologies we use to search the ground. I recall them using something like that to see if there was a tomb located underground on Ufo hunters one time. It would have to be much bigger and much stronger.

Then I would recommend collapsing it. Drowning the place with Dirt and rock. Making it impermeable. Like making angles in the rock and causing it to shut. I picture it like a right triangle where the center is the ruptured part of the pipe, and we could drill, or have a bomb go off, from the sides of this triangle. This I believe would close plug the leak but it would also bring the floor lower.If we decide to drill we can't do it all the way. That would release the oil. We have to drill halfway to the leak then collapse it.

Just something I though up.

new topics

top topics

join