It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vuvuzelas stir online debate at World Cup

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
These are affecting the players too, they can't communicate.
There is also this ball "jabulani", which has terrible trajectories.

They #ed up their worldcup I think. And they failed economically (they had to sell places for 10 euros unstead of 400).

If you can understand french see this video (okay I know most people here can't) :

www.youtube.com...

Basically he say that mandella never did anything. And that the country is worst than during the apartheid (more violence, more unemployment for blacks).

[edit on 13-6-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by J.Clear
Now back to how annoyed our ears are.

Quite..

I am hoping the novelty wears off and people go back to the good old cheering and shouting. It takes away the atmosphere of the game when all you can hear is an hour and half long drone.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The most dangerous thing to the world cup is english using electronic mind control to torture other teams, not that noisy thing that is played at games.

The english plan is too use electronic mind control to destroy other teams, to win.

So what is the bigger danger to the world cup?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I wasn't too fond of the vuvuzelas myself... But since Wednesday at 12h00 (official vuvuzela hour) I've really felt the 'spirit' (and I really don't like using cheese terms) of the WC.

If there was no vuvuzela... No multi-coloured, modified-hard-hat-wearing, smiling and happy supporters... This world cup would be rather dull. But I guess the sound is annoying when sitting in your lounge, watching on TV... Though even then, you can easily get over it if you just stop whining about it and try to understand it.

I was in a local Cape Town pub for the opening game, with most of the white patrons (by far the majority and many foreign) being kitted out in some form of 'traditional' football supporter gear (vuvuzelas, hard hats, etc.). People were so jubilant in the streets after the game, it's probably the first time I've really felt proud to be South African.

Anyway, I can't expect anyone to understand it if they aren't here... But just try to see it from the viewpoint of the delighted, colourful smile that occupies the face of many a local supporter.

I know that I would not feel this 'involved' in the World Cup if it were not for the vuvuzela-culture.

By the way, there is absolutely no question that the vuvuzela is part of local culture... They have been blowing these things for years and the vuvuzela has always maintained a presence in African football games (in my lifespan anyway).

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Oh be quiet Andy....

Every freaking time a topic about England/UK is posted, you chime in with this nonsense...

If we had "mind control", then what the hell happened last night?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Mind control was defeated by the awesome power of the vuvuzela! Ok, I change my mind, I like them if they counteract the nefarious mind control attempts of Ashley Cole..

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Oh be quiet Andy....

Every freaking time a topic about England/UK is posted, you chime in with this nonsense...

If anything someone was controlling Robert Greens mind, probably HAARP

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I can go with that - We didn't draw because our Goalie was a pleb, he was being mind controlled by the Yanks using HAARP.

Not content with their nefarious mind bending weaponry, however, they also influenced the trajectory of the ball using gravity-wave generating technology fired from the ISS..

Not Rob greens fault at all!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread582840/pg3#pid9010553]

Must have been controlling his mind for the whole Premiership season too..

"From Optajoe:Rob Green made more errors leading to goals than any other player in the Premier League last season. Calamity"

[edit on 13-6-2010 by J.Clear]

[edit on 13-6-2010 by J.Clear]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I was quite surprised to see a member of al -Quida in the American team

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Oh be quiet Andy....

England have there own harrrp thing, lol.

England are trying to cheat all teams, with these techs. Every team at world cup is under danger from these techs from the english who care not about torturing.

link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Now, now. let's not stereotype someone based upon his beard...

Although, i have to admit, I said to the missus he was the most unlikely looking person to play for the USA.

Good defender though, thought he played rather well.

link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I was quite surprised to see a member of al -Quida in the American team

He made some fantastic tackles in the second half..

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Put up or shut up, Andy. You've been posting this drivel for years and every time we ask you to furnish us with any proof to whatever outlandish claim you make, you slink off back into the shadows.

First you were being harrassed by the Police, just for giggles. No proof provided.

Then the Government purposefully ruined your life, for no reason. No proof provided.

Then it turns out your Irish and you have a rabid hatred of English because the "English" torture ALL Irish people with microwave weapons in their homes, for no reason at all. This is despite other UK resident Irish contradicting you. No proof provided.

Then you claim that the "English" have mind control tech and have been trying to subvert your mind, for no reason other than they're bored. Again, no proof provided.

And now, the England team are in cahoots with the dark powers that be to mind control other teams and to win the world cup! Again, no proof and if it was the case, why didn't we win 64-0 last night?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
As an aside on Rob Green, has anyone read this book? Sometimes you have to take your stats into account and not just hope for the best or that a player will "come good in the end"..

en.wikipedia.org...

Stu, perhaps hit the "Ignore user" button on him?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mountainmeg

Must say I watched the game and thought the noise in the stadium to be unbearable.................

Did not even know about this drone - are they the vuvucelas horn?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by J.Clear

I haven't ignored anybody in my 6 years here and I don't want to start now. It is tempting, but no.

I will take a look at hat link you posted. To be honest, I'd barely heard of Rob Green prior to his England involvement and I am surprised others weren't oicked for the squad ahead of him. We have better, I am sure.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

England seem to be having a bad spell with keepers at the moment. Joe Hart had a great season, but a lot of the other hopefuls have had a tough time with confidence and errors (Green and Ben Foster for example). It's such a crucial area, obviously, but teams can survive without mighty keepers. If England can get the centre of midfield sorted out, they have some great players. I'm really hopeful Rooney will have a great tournament.

Yup, Vesta, those are the horns. They're apparently something very common at soccer matches in Africa. I'd guess in Europe you'd have noise regulation and noise pollution folks up in arms so they'd never fly here

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

Why have they made the ball lighter?.....................They did say something about it last night saying it was a problem hence Green's fumble........

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

reply to post by J.Clear

I haven't ignored anybody in my 6 years here and I don't want to start now. It is tempting, but no.

I will take a look at hat link you posted. To be honest, I'd barely heard of Rob Green prior to his England involvement and I am surprised others weren't oicked for the squad ahead of him. We have better, I am sure.

Sorry about the stereo typing, Im sure i wasnt the only one to thinking along similar lines.

It does seem strange that Rob Green is England No.1 After last season, where he let in the most goals in the Premiership.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join