It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crossroads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

After watching the US go to war in the Middle East, expand its reach with Special Forces in 75 other countries, bailing out corporate America, trashing the Constitution, and intimidating it's own citizens, I have come to the conclusion that the US government as we know it is on the brink of collapse.

Israel is no longer being constrained, the Korean Peninsula is lighting up, we've had huge leaks of information from a young Army intel analyst. Some of you may have seen the Apache helo footage of what is alleged to be an attack on civilians. But what you may not have heard is that this same intel analyst also released a 260,000 document bourse of highly classified information. Including embassy cables and other national security related communications. They are now going after the founder of Wikileaks in an attempt to stop this information from getting out. My guess is that it has already been spread far and wide in the event that Julian Assange(__._ founder) is captured or killed, this information will be leaked to the public. There's some speculation that some already has, only time will tell. What is certain is this:

1 This is going to take thousands of man hours to contain, if it is even possible to do so at this point.

2 If it is not contained it will take thousands of man hours to perform damage control, missions would have to end, dialogue would cease, and indeed political destruction would ensue, further eroding the legitimacy of the government.

The turmoil in Europe is also something little discussed in the US media, when it is, the discussion is very limited. Europe is bound for a monetary collapse and, in time, the US will follow. Our currency is appreciating in value only in lieu of the weakening of the Euro. Yet, our problems being essentially the same, we have managed to avoid it only because of the subterfuge we're engaged in with our books. Fraud, ladies and gentlemen, is what we're talking about here. We now have an oil spill. A big one. So big, in fact, that they are kicking journalists and other independent observers out of the area, instituting no fly zones over the Gulf, and generally covering up the mess as they give us all fake numbers and edited videos carefully selected.

The truth is this, the government is officially overburdened. It is top heavy and what it once had of a foundation is now quicksand. The response to all of these issues is evident of a government incapable of performing the duties it took upon itself. It is, in fact, ineffectual. Out of this chaos comes what we have been seeing the past 10 years or so. The Patriot Act, the government takeovers of industry, attacks on freedom of speech, the right to bear arms, and the media pushing division. Crossroads indeed.

So where am I going with this?

I think it's time to stop worrying about what the government will do next, as it will all be acts of desperation attempting to hold on to power. Right now I think it is time to start thinking about what will replace the corrupt system we've created for ourselves. It's time to start thinking like the Founders did.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by projectvxn]

[edit on 13-6-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I agree. Even though plenty people dis-agree with our government. There really isnt much we can do.

We just gotta do as you said and stop worrying.

Im just currently at a roadblock in this "Crossroad".

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Oozii]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Oh no, don't stop worrying, just stop worrying about what you can't control and worry about what you can control. The government is going to drive itself off a cliff and it will do it quite soon in my opinion. Now is not the time to worry about whether it will or will not collapse, but when and what to do after it does(which is more important).

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I totally agree with you on all points regarding the US situation.
The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are two of the greatest/wisest documents ever written by the hand of man, something which all Americans should be rightly proud of and willing to protect.
Those documents represent the American that resides in us all.
If the World Government in waiting was to provide us with an identical Constitution and Bill of Rights i would welcome it.
Sadly they seem to be more inclined towards corporate fascism.
The US system hasn't failed it's been subverted.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread

True rebuilding after a collapse will start on a local, person-to-person, house-to-house, community-to-community level.

And it's what we need.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Agreed. What we need now more than ever is to come together. Form community gardens with good seeds, and begin to replace the infrastructure that maintains the current system with something better.

It is my belief that the future is local as well. We are going to have to strengthen networks of communication and have contingency plans in place for law enforcement.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Well said and agreed on all points. It is evident that those pulling the strings are seeing all the ropes severed by the enormity of the global geo-political situation. The times and personal views held by each is changing rapidly so we must begin to think, as you said, of how we will pick up the pieces of our tattered but eager society. Eager to live and be free of corruption.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

I think many people don't believe that anything of the sort could ever happen here. As if the laws of physics don't apply to America in the same way they do around the world. And all the better, the powers that be will never have to share the blame, because....Well, who could see THIS coming?!

top topics

join