It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Visit to the Mason Cemetery

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

52 would be an extremely young 33rd degree? Not impossible, but highly improbable, especially with what this guy has told us about his grandfather and family.

I think you are on to something with the fiction writing. Maybe he isn't one, but he should be! Instead of getting lambasted for his ridiculous claims, he could be getting congratulated for his interesting fantasy writing.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by Logarock
These are grand ideas but in all frankness I dont see the upper echelons of these orders as holding these ideas very well. They act arbitrarily when they need to and are a law unto themselves. The also apply actions on people outside the law when they feel they need to.
With the exception of the P2 lodge in Italy previously mentioned, can you name ANY "upper echelon" Masons who have acted the way you've described? I mean, you're so darned sure it's happen, you should be able to give examples, right?

I am certain that it happens every day. Any organization like this that "confers" down as if it has some corner on what a good and perfect wise man is is simply full of crap. Powerful and well conected to be sure in the ways of mammon, charity and the like...but to believe they have found some way to escape the ills of the heart is just rubbish.

Look at George Washington a man to be admired in many ways but still...an adulterer. The largest whiskey distiller of his day and yet put down the wiskey rebelion out of self interest if you ask me.

Joseph Smith was a mason and a pure fraud, fiction writer and wife stealer.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
52 would be an extremely young 33rd degree? Not impossible, but highly improbable
I don't necessarily think so... I personally know a handful of 35-40 year old KCCH honorees, and four years after that they're eligible for 33°... Don't know how many will pull it off the first time they're eligible, but I'm sure at least a couple will get the nod the earliest they're allowed, because they're really active in both their home lodges and in the local Scottish Rite valley.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Nobody claiming Masons are perfect. No man is perfect.

Now, as for adultery, I am a big fan of it, and I don't see the problem. My wife knows this, I was very honest in the beginning. (First wife not a big fan though, so she had to go.)

Anyhow, whisky distillation? Also a big fan, I have made plenty of wine and spirits in my own garage.

Every "man" is fallable, there is no doubt to that, but the Masonic Fraternity as a whole has survived millenia by teaching strict code of conduct and morality. The Masons would be the first to remove an immoral character from their ranks. We don't stand for it! Now, my views are obviously different than your views on the definition of immorality, because whiskey and women is just a good Saturday night in my opinion!

[edit on 18-6-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I am certain that it happens every day.
But you have no PROOF, which is what I was asking for... So really, you know nothing. At best, you're grasping at straws, guessing and defaming dead people.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Thats good to hear. In my neck of the woods, you need about 20 years of good active service to get the honorary degree. I am not Scottish Rite, so I don't know all the ins and outs of it, but I am a Shriner and an active Mason, and I know all the living 33rd degrees in my area, and they are all 65+. It could just be a local thing though, we are known to have a particularly fickle and argumentative Scottish Rite bunch, LOL.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

But you have no PROOF, which is what I was asking for... So really, you know nothing. At best, you're grasping at straws, guessing and defaming dead people.

I thought you masons were smarter than this? There is proof in the fact that you have to submit yourselves to guildlines or the law in hopes that you may find God and immortality. And then raise up great stones for your dead as if you have some contract with death that the rest of mortal man is left without. Secrets wispered in Egypt came with you as you carried your idols out into the new land....with your star and your phallus....for this you think you bare no shame.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

What the hell does any of that mean?

Stones? Head stones? Hardly unique to Masonry.

Proof that we have to abide by a set of rules? Proof is everywhere and readily available, even to non-Masons. Visit some Masonic websites or read a book. Look into "Masonic Charges." Or read about the background checks and interview process to become a Mason.

Masons have no covenant with death? We die like everyone else, but hopefully we "live" a little better than most. If you get to know the Masons in your town, you will surely find them to be among the most honorable and charitable people in your town.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Thats good to hear. In my neck of the woods, you need about 20 years of good active service to get the honorary degree. I am not Scottish Rite, so I don't know all the ins and outs of it, but I am a Shriner and an active Mason, and I know all the living 33rd degrees in my area, and they are all 65+. It could just be a local thing though, we are known to have a particularly fickle and argumentative Scottish Rite bunch, LOL.
In the Scottish Rite Southern Jurisdiction, you have to be a Scottish Rite member for at least 4 years before being eligible for Knight Commander Court of Honor or KCCH (red hats). Every two years, current red caps and 33° (white caps) can nominate members who are eligible that they think are deserving of the honor. After having been a KCCH for four years, those members are eligible to be made 33°, this time only nominated by current 33° members. So the fastest a Mason can become 33° (in the Southern Jurisdiction) is theoretically 8 years of active membership. More common is close to 15 years, and, of course, some never get the honor. I believe that in general they create around twice as many KCCH members as they honor with the 33°. Last year it was ~1679 KCCH honors and 744 33° honors, if my back of the napkin math is correct (not counting Kansas).

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I thought you masons were smarter than this? There is proof in the fact that you have to submit yourselves to guildlines or the law in hopes that you may find God and immortality. And then raise up great stones for your dead as if you have some contract with death that the rest of mortal man is left without. Secrets wispered in Egypt came with you as you carried your idols out into the new land....with your star and your phallus....for this you think you bare no shame.

You are basing your information off of the regular anti-masonic lies that have been floating around these boards forever. Try to do just a tiny little bit of objective research. You will find that almost all of the stories about masonry aren't true. I hate to see an intelligent person fall into the trap of letting someone else dictate their beliefs. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Just to expand upon a point in the Scottish Rite Southern Jurisdiction:

Only the Sovereign Grand Inspector General or Deputy of the Supreme Council has the authority to nominate KCCH's and 33rds. He may, at his own pleasure, ask other people what they think about choices, especially Personal Representatives, but the decision is his alone, and such nominees must be unanimously approved by the Supreme Council.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
[edit on 22-6-2010 by eurocrates]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by eurocrates
I think fairly that one should not take care of all those symbols anyway. If you don't know it's not for you anyway. The only way to know what they mean is diabolic way of learning. Diabolic means separated in 2 and here there are indeed 2 ways to find out. One is to join freemassonry, the other to search what they mean by learning the wisdom of the ancients. There is one upper level, there are 10 major levels and 22 arcanic path to find the way to daath. So, search and find. Never the one who knows goes to the one who ignores. The one who wants to know has to find the one who knows to get from the darkness to the light.

So, one advise, find someone called Lucifer, he will teach you.

And remember this :

Watch your thoughts: They become your words.
Watch your words: They become your actions.
Watch your actions: They become your habits.
Watch your habits: They become your character.
Watch your character: It becomes your destiny.

and where and when ever you move on this world :

Seek the heavenly, the good,
forgive the terrestrial, the faults,
avoid the satanic, the bad.

and:

don't seek for god, he might not be what you think about and awaiting him to be and you'll live a deception.

Oh, just forgot, I am not a freemasson, just for those who are going to ask that.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
hey,regarding the maltese cross:

the words "in hoc signo vinces" means "with this as your standard you shall have victory" and the placement of these words around the cross means that this person was from the Order knights of the Malta cross of the freemasons or generally known as Templar Knights of the new world .this person might as well be the very first templar knights who founded the freemason society or a decendent of the first free masons

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
hey,regarding FLT:

its stands for "Friendship Love Truth" one of freemasonry many teachings

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

None of them are satanic in nature at all. They are the symbol for the order of the eastern star. Each of the five points represents the cardinal virtues of the Eastern star. And also symbolically represent 5 women, 4 of which are found in the HOLY BIBLE.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo

Originally posted by felonius

Old pseudo-masonic group of Insurance agents I believe.

Are you trying to tell me this isn't the gateway to hell? Oh darn!

Nothing weird here.

It's all a little weird if you're not a Mason. Any idea on the WOW/MOM tree stump thing?

Edit: I just realized you answered that. Sorry and thanks!

[edit on 6/13/2010 by yuefo]

WOODMEN OF THE WORLD.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LightCraft

I thought all 5 were in the Bible, but that the 5th one wasn't actually named, just a reference. I'll have to open one of my OES books.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by LightCraft

I thought all 5 were in the Bible, but that the 5th one wasn't actually named, just a reference. I'll have to open one of my OES books.

You may be correct Bro. I have never participated in the Star. However my Grandfather attended many events as My Grandmother was a Past WM. And I am going off his recollection.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

You are basing your information off of the regular anti-masonic lies that have been floating around these boards forever. Try to do just a tiny little bit of objective research. You will find that almost all of the stories about masonry aren't true. I hate to see an intelligent person fall into the trap of letting someone else dictate their beliefs. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!

Well now I have taken little learning from anyone about this subject and I have done my own research. As to the nature of this thread grave markers say much and I have seen many of them. Lets just say they dont make them like the used to...now that represents a need to hide things or that stone marker craftmanship is out the window these days. You go to many older grave yards say 1850 to 1920 around here and there is all manner of druidic, masonic art and symbol all over the place. Acorns and Oak Bough, Stags, the old WM stumps, Stars and Pentagrams, Flying Sun Disks ect ect.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join