It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Visit to the Mason Cemetery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FBI 33

Ah-ha, then I was right about the colors having significance. I feel that the Masons don't image anything haphazardly. Thanks FBI.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by southerndemolay
reply to post by yuefo

...the crecent moon and R is the Rebekahs female auxilary to the oddfellows. [edit on 07/30/2008 by southerndemolay]

The Rebekahs. No one had commented on it, and so the only guess I had in mind Rosicrucian. Thanks for clearing that one up southern.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
reply to post by yuefo

Indeed. The inverted pentagram is considered "evil" in some symbolic schools, but it all depends on context. It is used without prejudice in the Order of the Eastern Star, primarily as a Christian symbol (where it represents the Star of Bethlehem).

Who knew? I have to say that I admire the Masons for not sacrificing tradition for political (or perhaps I should I say metaphysical) correctness. You know how things are now--everything has to be modernized and sanitized, etc. What this tells me is that Masons aren't selling out to put out a slicker, more profitable image. I'm sick and tired of the corporate culture where absolutely everything is geared for maximum profit or, in this case, to avoid controversy. LOL!! I just felt an earthquake as I was typing this!

[edit on 6/15/2010 by yuefo]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Nice pics, interesting stuff! Would have liked a close up of the symbol on the left page of the book with the double headed eagle. Always had an interest in the evil elite within masonic groups, have met some interesting individuals over the years and one thing never changes; The ones that dont know talk and the ones that know do not.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Just when I started thinking everything was daisies and lollipops, you tell me this!

Nice pics, interesting stuff! Would have liked a close up of the symbol on the left page of the book with the double headed eagle.

Thanks. If you really want the closeup, I can do that this weekend. The cemetery is only about a mile from my house. It will give me an excuse to go back and soak up some more atmosphere.

[edit on 6/14/2010 by yuefo]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Great pics OP - thanks for taking the time to post them.

In my absence masonic threads appear to have become quite civilized, although the same old misconceptions seem to abound.

WOW have their own monument design in my neck of the woods - it looks like a tree stump. I'll see if I can get a picture posted before the thread closes of moves on.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
Great pics OP - thanks for taking the time to post them.

In my absence masonic threads appear to have become quite civilized, although the same old misconceptions seem to abound.

WOW have their own monument design in my neck of the woods - it looks like a tree stump. I'll see if I can get a picture posted before the thread closes of moves on.

Thanks Trinity, looking forward to it.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
one thing never changes; The ones that dont know talk and the ones that know do not.

how do you know that?
Oh the irony.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude

The Catholic church.
The one organization known to launder the trillions of dollars of ill gotten money of the organized crime elements such as all the drug cartels and the Mafia.

research the corruption and the take over of the Catholic church by the devil.

Thousands of pedophiles professing to be preaching,"The word of god".,while molesting in the worse way innocent children.

A star for you!-

It's sad to see people STILL judge others with the mentality of one of the biggest HOAX in the world- "the benevolent catholic church".

By the way, I'm not a satanist- lol -
I'm not even pro or against the masons.

Just a satellite. observing, and saying- it's sad to watch all the brainwashed people by the catholic church. :eek: NOT even the lastest news and scandals make people stop the blind devotion to a corrputed institution to the bone.

And also wanted to comment that despite the photos here being of interest to some, I think it's a VERY disrespectful act.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

And also wanted to comment that despite the photos here being of interest to some, I think it's a VERY disrespectful act.

That confuses me? If someone spends 100's or 1000's of dollars on a monument for their grave. The get a marble monument that will hopefully last for centuries. They take the time to adorn it with meaningful symbols from their life and their own name.

Why would they be disrespected or upset by the act of photographing and sharing it? Surely it was intended to be noticed and appreciated, or why spend the money and make it from such a timeless material.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

Lies perpetrated by a French king. The same French king who tried to join the Order, but was denied. The same king who orchestrated the deaths of 2 Popes so he could put in his own little puppet to disband the Templars because he couldn't pay back his debt and didn't like that the group didn't report to a king.

Pull your head from fanatically sites and actually read a history book.

reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

You also have to be Christian to join the York Rite in America or any of the Masonic Templar Orders.

reply to post by yuefo

The star is a symbol of the Order of the Eastern Star. You should really research what the group is about. From the looks of it, you haven't.

reply to post by Rockpuck

That's how I first got interested in Freemasonry, was visiting a Masonic graveyard.

reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

Its a symbol of the group, Oddfellows.

See, you're one of those that mixes up secrecy and privacy. We are a private group. If we were a secret group would any of us really be divulging our membership? No. If we were secret society why would we have a symbols plastered over our buildings? Why do most temples have a posting of times of meetings?

And can you prove that money goes to these "higher ups"? I highly doubt it. I know a portion goes to running the charity, but its very small versus what is brought in. I'm willing to sit here and listen to the accusations, I'd just like something to back it up.

It seems you have a very lacking knowledge of Freemasonry and what it promotes.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by KSigMason]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

reply to post by yuefo

The star is a symbol of the Order of the Eastern Star. You should really research what the group is about. From the looks of it, you haven't.

Hi KSigMason. No, I haven't researched it--I made that clear from the outset. But from the post you referenced, I think you've misconstrued what I was saying about satanism; you may have read too quickly. I've never associated that with Masonry at all, despite my limited knowledge. Thanks for your comments.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

I looked back and I do come off a little hostile, but I didn't mean that. I've been working a lot lately and in the last 3-days I've got 5-hours sleep.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Hey, not a problem at all, it's all good!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
As a mason I can assure you even many Masons' have not researched the origins of much of our symbolism. More so in recent generations, the craft has sadly devolved more into social club and light for "show" philanthropy. However among masons who did pay attention during their Fellowcraft and try to live it, we do research read and learn. The great barrier that limits most masons from gaining greater understanding and wisdom is not a hidden cabal, but rather their own lax natures.

The Pentagram is not a symbol of Satanism, anymore then a Swastika used in a Buddhist Temple is a Nazi symbol, or a cross means one is worshiping cannibalism and a torture symbol as a catholic..........You can research this yourself, and I would highly suggest you do. The Pentagrams actual true history is far more fascinating than any petty little counter culture group created by a spoiled brat who was upset his parents made him go to church.

First Satanism as you know it is a modern invention, while other cults like it in the past certainly have existed, the pentagram was never thought of as evil by anyone until the 20th century, nor was it used by such groups that did teach a selfish agenda.....like the Swastika it was hijacked by those with no understanding but just thought it looked "cool". In other news, it is likely the executives at Mazda are in fact NOT Zoroastrian.

The pentagram was used as a symbol all through the middle ages as a symbol of good. Believe it or not the inverted pentagram WAS the good representation from it, and it was OFTEN used by churches.....yes *gasp* CHRISTIAN churches used it as a symbol of Christianity! Early Christians wore pentagrams around their neck as protections from evil LONG before even one of them wore a crucifix.....though even then the true meaning had been lost on most and they simply believed it represented the 5 wounds of Christ.

The secret lies not within any pseudo religious spell casting, but rather in its mathematical properties....you see the Pentagram was considered an ancient proof of the existence of a creator.......I'll let you read up and find out why..... So you see it was seen as a logical or what today would be called a "scientific" proof of life being the creation of an intelligent mind. if you really want to know more you should search for the answer yourself rather than take the word of anyone in these forums.

However in the graves you showed...it does of course simply refer to the Eastern Star, a group that has both women and men in its ranks and is very much a "couples" group in masonry......it was from its inception a way of bringing the wives of masons closer to their husbands and other wives, and sharing time with other families though the Star Women and men... do seem to have a near mystical ability in preparing meals.....Their choice of it has more to do with King Solomon’s seal, and it was his seal as it was an important Jewish symbol one of their 7 seals.

Perhaps 3,000 years from now there will be a diabolic group of old ladies who use an ancient symbol of "pi" or a runic spell "E=mc2" for the symbol of the club they swap recipes at.....

Who knew the ladies of the Eastern Star were so metal!!!!

[edit on 15/6/2010 by ForkandSpoon]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForkandSpoon

Who knew the ladies of the Eastern Star were so metal!!!!

Ha! I like that one.

You have made me curious, I'm going to look that up. Thanks for the interesting post!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e97b99bbdf5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af9994c0b583.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f6cb5a88be8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Trinityman

Nice pics! I really like how the bottom one looks like it's out in the middle of a natural-looking field. Thanks for adding.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

Each of the colors does mean something and each of the 5 symbols within the arms of the stars have meanings.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

Thanks for posting these photos, yuefo.

I only have a few questions that maybe the Masons can answer.
Who chooses the headstone? When my grandfather died, my grandmother chose it (he's buried in Bushnell). Does the Mason choose it, the wife/family, or does the Lodge?
Can any degree be buried in a Masonic cemetary? Heaven forbid (or Satan's hell, if that's what you choose to believe), a first degree Mason dies in a car accident. Would he have the honor of being buried here?
Is the ground consecrated?

I enjoyed seeing all the symbols. The only thing I noticed missing is the Eye of Horus! The five pointed star was obviously present, but the phallic imagery was most certainly utilized. The fact that most of the headstones were flat & to the ground may be symbolic of the "hidden in plain sight" chess move.

By the way, an eagle is a raptor.
Google search double headed raptor.

Remember, only a coward admits to in death, when he couldn't in life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join