It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Visit to the Mason Cemetery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
The star is a symbol of the Order of the Eastern Star, the Maltese cross is a symbol used in the Masonic Knights Templar, I've seen the Crown used in the Daughters of the Nile, but it also could be Amaranth.

And... Knights Templar was a Satanic cult masquerading as Christians. Makes sense, doesn't it.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Those photos are superb. Really great quality. It's kinda weird but I love Masonic symbols, I think the designs and geometry are very pleasing to the eye. I am however a little concerned about all the pentagrams.....

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by yuefo

Levay Satanism is a form of Atheism. I don't think any of them or Masons. :/

I don't know if there are Masons who are satanists, but I do know that LaVey was a complete fake. Even his name is a lie: Howard Levey.

www.churchofsatan.org...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

That's pretty funny. You have to believe in a supreme deity to become a Mason. Doesn't limit what deity that is. I know in one country you have to be a Christian to be a Mason.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo

reply to post by yuefo

Levay Satanism is a form of Atheism. I don't think any of them or Masons. :/

I don't know if there are Masons who are satanists, but I do know that LaVey was a complete fake. Even his name is a lie: Howard Levey.

www.churchofsatan.org...

Wow that link was great. I couldn't help but have a chuckle as I read through all the legends and truths. In my opinion anybody that claims they are a satanist and actually wears a devil suit is probably just in it for attention....

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

reply to post by yuefo

That's pretty funny. You have to believe in a supreme deity to become a Mason. Doesn't limit what deity that is. I know in one country you have to be a Christian to be a Mason.

Interesting--so theoretically, you could in fact be a satanist and a Mason. Just think how at home one would feel--you go to the Temple and see the inverted pentagram, then you go to the Church of Satan and see the inverted pentagram!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

As long you believe Satan to be a supreme deity. I just believe in the Judea Christian God. And they said I was qualified. So it's that easy to become a Mason. As well the current Head of the Church of Satan said he was a Atheist. So I don't see Freemasons and Levay Satanist interacting.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
holistically a pentagram is a very smart invention; hellenistically it is some form of power structure to ignorant people who only see its wonder in form.women are unclean and in the law it states .woven man is dirty and my conjecture is not clean enough if you did not comprehend.there is to be a time to oneself between the interaction with woven man and man for the purpose of cleaning the self.i cannot say that what is considered woman today is what was considered woven man in past.

they deserve what they get; knowingly or not: for propagating knowledge as hellenist that is holistic.

the sad truth; an upside down pentalpha is a conscious admission of awareness of the holistic mystery of pentalpha and a disrespect to the holistic knowledge that created it; from a hellenist perspective of disrespect: holistically. it is wicked.i can be just and be satan; you can be wicked and be jesus.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Nice images there - but I bet that relatives to those buried are going to be very happy if they see their family member's tombstone pictures spreading on the internet. Perhaps the OP should've been more tactful, and edited the names of the out of the picture?

But, if they knew the symbolism - and most likely they did - that is kind of revealing about their alignment of thought, is it not?

-v

[edit on 13-6-2010 by v01i0]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Well this was alluded to early on in the thread. If I saw my parents gravestones on the internet, I wouldn't care at all. Or perhaps you think it's more a more sensitive issue if it's Masonic gravestones? There's nothing disrespectful here, so I'm pleading innocent. You have to admit, having Masonic symbols on a gravestone is bound to attract more attention. Last, the odds of a family member seeing them is unlikely in the extreme.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The Maltese cross is a symbol from the York Right ,you can also see to the right this Man was a Shriner .All very interesting symbols ,Masonic graveyards are always s interesting .

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

Yeah well I guess you are innocent - most graveyards are public spaces anyway. I was just speaking about tactfulness; you don't have to take a photograph when some is peeing at the park and put it on the internet, don't ya?

I am not offended, just thought that some people might not be very happy to see that. I am amongst the others very thankful to you for the photos, they are interesting!

-v

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Thanks v0, I'm glad you like them. It is true, this kind of thing, respect for the dead, is a touchy subject for many. But even if I'd thought of it as an issue, it would have been tough for me to mar the photos in any way.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by essanance

Thanks for that. Do you know what the tree stump WOW/MOM one means? Nobody seems to know that one.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
Interesting--so theoretically, you could in fact be a satanist and a Mason.

The major prerequisite for becoming a Mason is belief in a Supreme Being. If one does infact believe in the historical Satan, who was created by God, then he is by nature subordinate to God and therefore not supreme in any measure.

Just think how at home one would feel--you go to the Temple and see the inverted pentagram, then you go to the Church of Satan and see the inverted pentagram!

Just to clear things a bit; a pentagram is a five-pointed star while a pentacle is similar but with some important differences.

Masonry does not make us a of the pentacle, similar to what is found on the cover of the LaVey Bible while it does make a limited, at best, use of the pentagram.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

WOW is Woodmen of the World. It's a fraternal organization that sells life insurance. I am not sure of much more about them, but they have small buildings in most towns around here. I would guess they are much like masonry and use their life insurance sales as their type of Philanthropy.
Woodmen of the World

The pentagram is for the Eastern Star. It a co-ed form of masonry. The stars with the gavel at the bottom is for a past worthy matron or patron. That is like the Master of the lodge. My Mother-in-law is a past worthy matron and my father-in-law is a Grand representative. It is nothing satanic at all. The points of the star are for women in the bible and the bottom one points to Jesus. Unless you consider Jesus satanic that is.

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

edit to add: what were you going to read?

[edit on 13-6-2010 by network dude]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Thank you both, and all you other identifiers! This has been a lot of fun getting a friendly scoop on all these symbols.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

edit to add: what were you going to read?

[edit on 13-6-2010 by network dude]

Rereading A New Earth, Eckhart Tolle. Thanks for asking, it's great.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark

Originally posted by KSigMason
The star is a symbol of the Order of the Eastern Star, the Maltese cross is a symbol used in the Masonic Knights Templar, I've seen the Crown used in the Daughters of the Nile, but it also could be Amaranth.

And... Knights Templar was a Satanic cult masquerading as Christians. Makes sense, doesn't it.

To me it does. You won't get the masons admitting it though.

Nice work on the pics OP!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
Not true. Philip the Fair just didn't want to pay back the money he owed them, so he strong-armed the pope into shutting them down with false accusations.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join