It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Official Admits to Damage Beneath the Sea Floor

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Slightly old post about Kevin Costner's efforts to help. Some people also posted some ideas.

personalmoneystore.com...

I would say even if you can't cap it some how you can at least siphon a good bit of the oil coming out, separate the water from the oil, pump clean water back in. I think we can at least reduce the impact, until the leak ends, or it is eventually stopped in some way. I don't like this doom and gloom crap I hear. I believe there is something that can be done about it.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
bomb, nuke I see no other option now, I only see high risk of oil contaminating the oceans. I hope all the people down there put their heads together and fix this mess. A nuke option on you-tube is a serious risk in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

naa no polution by radiation... the charch will be deep in the ocean bed...
look at the underground nuke testings... radiation levels are minor...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Alright, the BS about sea floor damage has gone on long enough.

Consider:-

1. There are layers and layers of rocks beneath the seafloor that held the oil for centuries, othewise such oil would have escaped out long ago.

While the sea floor is a semi porus layer, but directly beneath this layer are several other hard rock stratas of which oil cannot escape through, which is several thousands of feet deep till it reaches the oil pocket.

Thus any 'seeping of oil' from the 'sea floor' is pure hogwash, if not utter stupidity to incite fear and doom.

2. Everything connected to the drilled hole is still intact and had not blown apart as claimed. You can see it on the ROV cams. Short of blowing up the hole using conventional explosives, layer by layer, the oil flowing out is still in equal amounts from the borehead that penetrated the oil pocket deep in the earth.

3. Presssure equilibrium that will cause the sea bed to collapse onto the oil pocket cavity is another piece of BS. The 'small' oil pocket is thousands of feet deep and when compared to the entire mass of the rocks, it is too insignificant to cause the entire cavity to cave in when the oil is fully extracted out.

4. All I see are these so called 'BP officials' attempting to perform another 'blame game shifting' game. Making it seem like the seepage of oil into the ocean is a natural event, so that it can absolve itself of further blame and paying further costs to contain the oil.

Nice try! But no one is buying it. We humans aint as stupid or as trusting as our ancestors once were.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The gulf is f********ed.

i don't think they'll be able to fix it myself.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Here are two new items of information that are new to me about the Gulf 2010 oil spill. Maybe these items would interest someone else also.

Item (1)

Youtube Video Title: The REAL REASON Behind the BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico - 2010

This video speaks about how all countrys on the earth ( except the USA ) require "acoustic switches" for deep sea drilling, which have been proven to be 100 per cent fail safe for deep sea blow outs. Not much other detail is given.

www.youtube.com...

Item (2)

This Video's web address ( given below, and not the web address above ) shows a much larger steel pipe than BP's steel pipe being completely squeezed tightly closed.

This simple and relatively easy method to stop the oil spill leak was never tried by BP.

Here is one video that shows the full functioning operation of an almost-on-the-shelf and ready-to-buy squeeze tool device that is made to squeeze ( until completely closed tight ) steel pipes that are up to 24 inches in diameter. I believe that the BP pipe size is much less in diameter, and about 18 inches in diameter.

Maybe the whole Blow Out Preventer device could still be squeezed closed with a similar device.

www.regentools.com...

and

www.regentools.com... Home Page has this video

[edit on 13-6-2010 by trader21]

[edit on 13-6-2010 by trader21]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Would now be a good time to start buying bottled water, seeing as this could potentially ruin the planet's water supply?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

\

Please don't roll your eyes at me. You have proven nothing, and said nothing except what others who presume to be "in the know" are spewing.

Prove what you are saying.

You know what? YOU CAN'T.

No radioactivity will escape? EXCUSE ME.

That's absurd. It's not even being discussed by those who know what they are talking about, because the idea of it is so preposterous.

When it is mentioned, it is ruled out immediately as a horrible idea, as it would quite obviously increase our problems tenfold, and kill the Gulf completely.

yourself.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

You are spamming "nuke option" on every oil thread. Think you've made your wishes known yet?

Glad you have nothing to do with the decision making process, as your decisions are WAY WORSE than BP's.

[edit on 6/13/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

reply to post by Xenophobe

Thanks for the pics! The satellite pics I'm looking for showed the extent that the plume was following the gulf loop. At that point (about 2 weeks ago maybe?) it was already in the loop headed for the gulf stream. The pic showed the entire gulf with the loop, the gulf stream and the oil plume labeled (along with other things like federally protected wetlands, etc…) I’ll keep looking, somebody posted it on an ATS thread - I wish I had bookmarked it, my thread subscriptions are full of gulf oil threads.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The bore is damaged by the high pressure ejecta. Oil, gas, rock, sand, and whatever else is in the hole...they all have an eroding effect on a casing that is not really designed to withstand such eroding at 70k psi +.

It isn't bent, or cracked. It is just not strong or stable because of erosion from high pressure ejecta.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I was glad to see the images about the thread, seems someone had an easier time finding images than I did.

It will be interesting to see how much it changes in the next few days to see if this actually working or not.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Lindsey Williams was on point with this!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

You are spamming "nuke option" on every oil thread. Think you've made your wishes known yet?

Glad you have nothing to do with the decision making process, as your decisions are WAY WORSE than BP's.

[edit on 6/13/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

Right or wrong, I feel that the decision to nuke the spill has already been made.

Relief wells=nuke chutes.

When the first sizeable hurricane comes the area will have to be evacuated anyway. Hurredly "experts" will appear on the MSM with talking points about the value of such an approach, the POTUS will make a speech, the American people will "buy" it big time.

Good idea or mistake? I can't tell you, I don't know.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

I've just found what I've been looking for. It's in Byrd's thread BP's own Oil Spill Situation Status PDF . This status was on 5/22/10 and the plume was already in the gulf loop headed for the gulf stream. You can't really make out the oil (at least I can't) in the sat pics and there's hardly any mention other than this internal pdf about the oil in the loop. THIS is what I'd love to see an update on.

The link directly to the pdf is: www.bp.com... on_Status_Map.pdf Remember this was the status as of THREE WEEKS AGO.

I just checked the folder location of the pdf above and this is what I got:

www.bp.com...

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /liveassets/bp_internet/globalbp/globalbp_uk_english/incident_response/STAGING/local_assets/downloads_pdfs/ on this server.

Edit: Hehe... more than one way to skin a cat... the updated map is Here . Notice the progression of the oil in the loop current in the insert.

[edit on 13/6/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Nukes down a hole?

This is starting to sound like the Movie Armageddon

I hear Kevin Costner had some input, but bloody hell, if I hear Bruce Willis wants to get involved...... I'm panicking!

This kind of irony is getting scary

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Hey great addition, though I am having issues loading the PDF like they had said in byrds' thread any suggestions to get this to work?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I am a dork Double Posts!!! Sorry!

[edit on 13-6-2010 by theability]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

Nukes down a hole? This is starting to sound like the Movie Armageddon

I hear Kevin Costner had some input, but bloody hell, if I hear Bruce Willis wants to get involved...... I'm panicking!

This kind of irony is getting scary!

I would have to agree with you here, using Nukes in the gulf is a HUGE DEAL! I Live very close to the Gulf, and have for the past ten years. I cannot imagine the effects on the wild life, water and the region.

Definitely an eye opener!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I cant help but wonder if the UFO sightings over Gulf Breeze back in the late 1980s/early 1990s were time travellers or ailens looking back at our history and observing the Gulf at various stages of existence. Kinds of makes sense now dont you think?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join