It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan girls sick in 'gas attack' (at school)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Afghan girls sick in 'gas attack' (at school)

english.aljazeera.net

Up to 45 schoolgirls have been taken to hospital after a suspected gas attack at their high school in Ghazni, a province in eastern Afghanistan.

Police said some of the teenage girls from the Jahan Maleka high school had fallen unconscious after smelling poison gas on Saturday.

"Some of the enemies sprayed poison gas from outside into the high school compound," Ghani Khan, a Ghazni police official, said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Some suspect groups which oppose education for girls are spraying schools with poison gas.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is absolutely despicable and makes me sick to my stomach. I couldn't imagine targeting youth for my own political goals, regardless of how much I believed in those goals. The harming of innocent children is my number one concern and makes me angry angry as hell.

Although it doesn't appear as if these people were trying to kill or permanently harm these children, it is still ferocious and inexcusable.

Before people start talking down on Islam or Persians, just take note that this kind of thing is not limited to Islam only, as even American police officers gas children. It's called CS and Western authorities use it all the time to prevent the people from voicing their concerns.

--airspoon

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Could you provide a link or some proof to the claim of American police using gas on children.

I think you are way off in saying this. If they did use gas I doubt it would be anywhere close to the same kind of thing. But I guess if America does not get bashed it really makes for boring reading.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Citizen-X]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Citizen-X

I wasn't bashing America, only showing that the gassing of children is not limited to Islam. As far as a link to American authorities gassing kids, it happens all of the time whenever there is a protest. They even taze children without thought. It is just a way of life in our modern times. Is it only bad or absurd when "they" do it?

Here are only a few of the thousands of examples that a simple google search will reveal:

Police use gas on kids in France:
cranburysauce.wordpress.com...

Police taser 10 year old:
www.cbsnews.com...

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

So let me get this straight college students are the same as grade school kids?

Nice try I don't buy it and like I said bashing America any chance posters can get on ATS is a sad tribute to the lack of moderation that will eventually rot the very soul out of ATS.

America has nothing to do with story but yet you felt the need to add it. WHY?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

first of all, they weren't grade-school girls (nice try on the disinfo), they were high-school aged. Also, if you think that gassing by Western authorities is limited to legal adults and up, you are fooling yourself. Look at the rest of the links I provided, including the 10 year old that got a wave from the taser or better yet, do a simple google search yourself, you are capable of that, right?

What about the G-20 protests in Pittsburgh? Do you not think that high-schoolers were involved in the protesting just before the freedom of speech and right to assemble was taken away?

Regardless, that wasn't the point of this thread. The point of this thread was about the Afghan girls being gassed and American children being gassed was only brought up to quell racist or bigoted remarks. I should have known better than to think that racists and bigots would be intelligent enough to comprehend such a thing. Deny ignorance, don't embrace it.

--airspoon

bsnorrell.blogspot.com...

Edited to add: I also find it just a little funny that you sign up on ATS just a few days ago and the majority of your 7 posts are defending the FBI and other questionable policies by our government. Could this maybe speak to your agenda?

[edit on 12-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Ignorance is a funny word and I have found that when it gets used context is the biggest thing to look at.

I believe you have context issues no offense. I stand by what I said you don't see cops in the US sneaking around gassing schools.

And what exactly does this thread have to do with America anyways?

CONTEXT the people of this world need to see things for what they are and not push agendas every chance they get.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

What about the G-20 protests in Pittsburgh? Do you not think that high-schoolers were involved in the protesting just before the freedom of speech and right to assemble was taken away?

You have the right to PEACEABLY assemble, not to start a riot. The G-20 Pittsburgh protesters were rioters not peaceful protesters.

Not peaceful

Burning dumpsters, not peaceful.

Smashing windows, not peaceful.

When you go from a peaceful organized protest, to smashing things and setting fire to things you cease being peaceful protesters, and become rioters.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Speaking of context, you took my remark out of context and apparently for your own agenda. The context in which the comment was added, was only to prevent racist and bigoted remarks about Islam, Muslims or Persians in general, by noting that the harsh treatment of children is not indicative of Islam or Afghanistan only. The context of that remark was not to put focus on the gassing of children by US authorities but rather to dispel the inevitable racist remarks that always seem to flourish here on ATS and around the web.

The only people who seem to be bashing America, are those who try to justify the actions that diminish her as America and the American government are not synonymous.

Maybe you should understand the meaning of context before you throw it around in an effort to hide your own ignorance.

--airspoon

Edited to add: I also find it just a little funny that you sign up on ATS just a few days ago and the majority of your 7 posts are defending the FBI and other questionable policies by our government. Could this maybe speak to your agenda?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Arguably, the FBI and western authorities are famous for inserting "provocateurs" into a group in order to disrupt the peace and incite violence. I have seen this with my own eyes.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.prisonplanet.com...

Furthermore, the intent was not to justify or discredit the actions, but rather to point them out in an effort to show that the gassing of children is not limited to Islam or Afghanistan.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The Taliban, like many ruling parties in the Middle East, is a product of western influence. If you look into the origins of the Taliban, you'll find the Pakistani ISI were key players. If you look into the origins of the Pakistani ISI, you'll see that it is essentially a satellite of the CIA. That's why we don't care about Pakistan's nuclear program, because we essentially own that country. The one hand that acts for the public has quite a reach, but the hidden hand that is never talked about has influence all over the globe.

It's in our best interest to keep the Taliban afloat, but not so powerful as to disrupt our control of the poppy fields. We WANT those poppy fields. And the hidden hand gets what it wants.

I guess my point is, Airspoon is right - this has nothing to do with Islam. While it is a product of the regional ideology, that ideology is being carefully sculpted through heavy propaganda and economic warfare.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hmm.. Sounds more like the work of C(aught) I(n the) A(ct) than of an islamic group.. Seriously doubt that an islamic group would have the capability to produce or even properly use a gas or chemical weapon... On the other hand the us has both the capability and agencies sick enough to do such an act to further their agenda.. Its a shame innocents suffer due to the psycopaths in dc...

new topics

top topics

join