It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: British defend BP's Destruction of America's Gulf Coast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Are you and your friends offering to come help?

If so I'll take you up on that offer, we need as many hands as we can get!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by At0mZer0

Pay for my plane ride and i would be happy to come help you clean up.
Just trying to point out that this is not a US against UK thing.
BP is not called British Petroleum, it is simply BP.
It is owned jointly by Americans and Brits.
Why don't you try to find out who the American shareholders are?
The headquarters for BP America is in Houston,Texas.
By all means target them with oil filled balloons if you think that will really help.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by At0mZer0

However, the British Isles have never had an oil spill.

Nuff said.

1967 the Torrey Canyon, a supertanker owned by an American company, Barracuda Tanker Corporation was chartered by British Petroleum ran aground off the Cornish coast causing the world's first major maritime oil spill.

(sorry if this has already been mentioned)

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

First... The British people couldn’t give a crap about BP. The only ones making noise, over Obamas comments, is a few MP's, some business men and the media (who want to sell papers)

Yes i agree and Bp has done nothing for us apart from giving us nearly the highest pump prices in the world and we don't get to see any of the money they make so american can keep Bp and none of us will be upset.

Again the media is telling people what to think using a pack of lies.

The only think that might upset the sheep here in the UK is if american won us at football even through it's best to forget the winners have been picked before a single game is played.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
This is turning an environmental issue into a political one... BP SHOULD clean this mess up, of course...

It's financial too. The latest estimates for a clean-up including compensation adds up to a staggering $40 billion! If nothing had happened could BP have used even half this amount for wiping out starvation in Africa for the next at least three decades? They could but wouldn't have! Oil is all about money for the rich. The poor be damned!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by At0mZer0

I'm sure British people don't feel this way.

Well I feel it's a shame this disaster is being turned into a USA vs Britain issue. We're all in the same boat (planet Earth) and we're all in this together, one way or another.

And BP isn't a 'British company' any more. British Petroleum merged with Amoco (American Oil Company) in December 1998, becoming BP Amoco plc. In 2001 the company renamed itself as BP plc.

However, the British Isles have never had an oil spill.

Well as others have said we've had our share, including the world's first, the Torrey Canyon disaster.

And I understand that if BP goes bankrupt from our gov criticizing it and scaring it's investors, it would be catastrophic for them too.

The people who are really going to suffer are the 'little guys' as ever. Boycotting BP stations in the USA will only hit the local franchise owners, and the share price hit will just hurt millions of pensioners. I don't think the fat cats are going to lose out, they never do

The financial impact of BP’s Gulf of Mexico oil spill is set to hit millions of pension fund investors in the UK. Almost every pension investor has a stake in BP’s fortunes, as the oil giant accounts for £1 of every £7 of dividend income paid out by the companies in the FTSE 100 index of leading shares.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join