It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo's in North-east england

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hey everyone

Just to start us off i am going to first off tell you that i have no photo or video evidence to back me up as i smashed my phone tonight

Let's begin shall we?
I had just came back from my girlfriends house in Ryton (England,Newcastle) and i was sat at the bus stop listening to my ipod and there was two other men at the same bus stop as me, we were there for about 5 minutes before we noticed it, a fiery object just slowly hovered from behind a house, at first they thought it was a chinese lantern,helicopter etc etc, then one of them said that's got to be a ufo mate and they both just laughed it off but then another one came from the same place and was following the exact same path as the first one, they both then definately thought they were chinese lanterns or hot air balloons but then they realised another one had came from the same place and started to follow the exact same path by the time the last one came the first one had dissapeared into the clouds, normally you would see it come from the clouds but it didnt and they all did that. i then heard one of the men say "can you see that?" and the other replied "what?" then the first one said "They're all following a little black thing" and that made me think quite a bit to be honest it made me think are these test droids or is it just another mystery of the world that we will never figure out? All of this went on for about 5 minutes or so before we lost sight of them, they looked like flying naked flames but moved sort of robotically

Anyone from the north-east of england? if so please say if you've seen anything like this lately

UfoRevealer

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sorry not from England,

Were these things coming from the ground? Or just appearing out of the sky?

My first guess will be flares.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Flares??? Why would they be flares? What for?

Sounds like chinese lanterns to me mate.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

Following the exact same path as each other,

flying naked flame like.

As I said its my first guess, until he gives more info.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

They came out of nowhere from the sky i just saw them come from behind the house but the two men said they appeared from nowhere they were just there, but as i said earlier they were following a small black item in the sky do flares do that or chinese lanterns? or do they follow the exact same path? i'm not being sarcastic there i'm actually asking a question
i don't know a thing about either of those

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
well, chinese lanterns would probably follow the same path, all the ones iv``e seen do. They are carried on the air currents, so it kind of stands to reason if they are all close to enough, the variations in their paths will be minimal.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

Ah right well these definetly weren't chinese lanterns as theywere pretty big i forgot to mention that earlier, they were pretty high up and were also pretty damn big so they would be even bigger if they were closer
i really don't know what they could be, my main thought is ufo's but i don't know now that i come to think of it

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The black object could have been a chinese lantern that stopped burning. I'd imagine faulty ones exist that don't hold a flame for long.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by UfoRevealer

If they (the lights) were tied to something being remotely controlled then they would be following it

The military have a few different kinds of flares that get mistaken for UFOs.

To eliminate flares, here is one example. Did it look anything like it?

[edit on 12-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

it looked a tiny bit like that but only alot larger and alot lighter it was like orangey white

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I'm trying to find a good example of a military flare drop, but for some reason I am having a hard time finding the exact video that I'm looking for.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by UfoRevealer

it looked a tiny bit like that but only alot larger and alot lighter it was like orangey white

Orange is the the classic colour of Chinese Lanterns, pale orange to white is what the same object appears on video. Parachute flares are very bright and incandescent, and usually last for less that a minute, and are mostly launched by a rocket, and can be seen as rising and falling and mostly have an "atmosphere" around them. It is most likely Chinese Lanterns.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Ok, I was on a camping trip last week in Kent UK... and people were letting lanterns off... they all went in a straight line and were fiery! then one would go out and you would see it turn a black colour and disappear. So, im saying chinese lanterns..

sorry!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I Live maybe 10 miles from you and i have seen many of these

Sorry to dissapoint you but thier has been alot of activity lately in this area and mostly they are chinese lanterns i am a firm ufo believer but the facts show this.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
im from the south west of england and about a year ago me and my mates were walking back from the pub and we seen the same exact things you are describing.

we were just coming up through an alley right by my house n stopped for a fag as i lit mine i looked up and seen a huge fireball like thing flying very low over the house to the right of the alley.
i pointed it out to my mates and we all watched it go over our heads really slowly it was followed by about 7 more and they were huge im talking like the size of a house floating over you, it was scary.
now this alley we were in was really really dark and as these things flew over us nite seemed to turn to day they were so bright, i am always checking the skys at nite now and havent seen any since.

what me and my friends seen were not lanterns or flares but something very strange and very big.
i hope to see more replys to this thread from people with similar accounts.

Blitzer xD

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

Yeah but the black thing they were apparently following was spherical and was bigger than the lights, thats what the men said anyways
So i really haven't a clue what these were but my best guess now is chinese lanterns

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Not sure either way, but I'd like to do more study of chinese lanterns, and how they "end" or what not. Myself and some friends saw something similar last summer - what looked like 2 chinese lanterns, glowing and moving but then one dipped out and was just a moving black object and the second one shortly did the same. We were all a little confused, so I guess my main question is, when there's no flame anymore in a chinese lantern, is it likely to continue on it's path for a while? I'd have thought it would fall out of the air straight away? I don't know...

Most likely lanterns, but like I say, really the lanterns themselves warrant further investigation..

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I live in ryton too, crawcrook to be exact wish id seen this been looking to see one for years and missed it, nightmare or what

top topics

join