It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What rifle is best for SHTF situation?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The poo has hit the proverbial fan, eh?

My one, and only choice, is my winchester 94 lever action in 30-30. Sufficient for just about any game up through an elk. I'm not hunting anything larger than that. with lighter hand loads, squirrels and assorted other small game are easy meat.

Short, manuverable in brush, it's also light and very portable.

Maybe, as someone else mentioned...an airgun when quiet is a priority.

the less complicated it is, the better. the easier to use, and to teach to use, the better.

MOA, and all that other crappola? Needless. ...and in a survival situation against mama bear the less thinking you have to do the better.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Anyone ever made a homemade shotgun?, ie block of wood ductaped to a threaded pipe and a spring and nail in the end to use as a firing pin. Could be useful for people who live in areas where guns are resricted and have a bit of know how with some basic tools.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well I am ready for the SHTF ...

So are my friends and neighbors.

I use AR-15 chambered for 5.56 this is importiant if you want to shoot Milspec ammo. The chamber pressure in milspec ammo is about 20,000 PSI more than the sporting .223 round. I have a .22lr conversion kit for hunting small game and short range target pratice.

I use an H&K .45 USP because having to carry a pistol everyday I only want to shoot once and stop them.

A Mosberg Milspec 590 ... 9 rds of 2 3/4 buckshot and / or slug and it is reliable and proven.

Don't forget spare parts and Lots of extra mags!

Minimum 3000 Rounds for pistol and rifle, 2000 shotgun. and as many .22lr and you can store

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

I have 12 ga shotgun, 22 rifle.
I had to leave my house in 5 sec's and out the door!
[sks 7.62 x 39 with army pistol belt and 160 rds.]

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join